Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

This school has been an amazing find for us. Our daughter has been at McKinley-Thatcher since she started Kindergarten there 3 years ago. The small size allows every staff member to truly get to know every student in the school. Our daughter's 2nd grade teacher, Ms. Scott, has been fantastic. She is able to get every student in her class engaged and excited about learning. I don't think we could have found such a wonderful school anywhere in Denver, public or private. Our daughter attends McKinley-Thatcher and she loves it! We are very happy to have such a great neighborhood school with caring attentive teachers and staff.

This is our first year at Mckinley-Thatcher and we have been very pleased. The staff and parents are helpful and make it a great envioronment for kids and parents alike.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school focuses on different character traits throughout the year. This is part of the school's commitment to not only the education of children, but also to the overall development of healthy, happy, productive children.

We've been a part of McKinley-Thatcher for six years now and are thankful that our daughters attend here. The small school environment means that every student is known by name, not only by their teacher but by everyone from the principal to the custodian. The staff are committed to the students and show great care for their education as well as their overall health and well-being.

I love this school! My kids look forward to school everyday. Their teachers are loving, caring, and amazing educators. Every adult in the school knows both of my kids by name. This school is a small community in a big city where we feel so at home. There are great community events like the school dance that bring parents and kids together, and everyone in the building, including the custodial staff, shows such great care for my kids. Great school, great staff, great parents, great community. I couldn't ask for more for my kids.

I love this school. It is truly a small neighborhood school hidden in a great big city. The teachers, paras, school leader, secretary, parents, and students go to great lengths to ensure a high quality educational experience for everyone. There are regular community events that bring families together. My son and daughter are both being appropriately challenged in all subjects. I do not hesitate recommending this school.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Yes they have monthly student recognition assemblies. All the teachers use positive behavior supports in their classroom management.

I feel that this school has really changed over the years with the treatment of the children. My grandson was in a class where his teachers, the were unfair in their treatment of the children. They had a group of kids, my grandson included that they separated daily from the class under the lie that it was to help them. They did not inform the parents of any of these kids until months later when one of the kids talked about the special class he had to go to. When they were questioned the harassment of the parents began. When addressed with the Principal Hastings, nothing was resolved as if she didn't have time for it, or maybe it was because she already knew she wouldn't be there this year. The teachers and some parents formed a click and whispered about the other parents every time the children were dropped off. The sadness it brought myself and daughter every time we dropped off our children was terrible. I would never recommend this school ever again to anyone in fact I would advocate against them! To me instead of trying to teach against being a bully, they were the bullies running the show. Very poor form and disgusting to me! We have since moved our children to other schools and they are thriving without the daily bullying from those "professional". Be warned keep your eyes open and ask questions all the time. Don't trust that they are doing the right thing, they probably are lying to you as they did all of us!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

I feel if the child is feeling separated or different by part of the staff or "professionals", then the teachers are ineffective and teaching under the bully rules.

Amount of homework: no rating

Anyone can print out a packet and give it to a kids, but who is really working with the child and teaching them is the parents.

Last modified McKinley-Thatcher Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.