McKinley-Thatcher Elementary School 3

Posted April 21, 2015
The rise in scores COULD have more to do with gentrification of the neighborhood than anything else. I'm sure the teachers are doing great but it's much easier to boost your numbers when the median income in the neighborhood is a large percentage over poverty line.

Posted November 27, 2014
We rate McKinley Thatcher as a 5 star. We are really impressed with the interaction between teachers, parents, staff , and the community all working together . We recently attended the Rock Star Rodeo and participated in their fundraiser. The PTA works hard to provide quality education for the kids at this neighborhood school. Like they always say..." HARD WORK PAYS OFF." The students are happy and they're aware that they have responsibilities too......There's lively learning going on .... you can see it on their faces.

Posted July 15, 2014
This is an amazing school! The community is so supportive of the work the students and teachers are doing to make the neighborhood a great place to live. Many kids at the school live blocks away from the school. It is easy to find children to play with in the neighborhood and they are all choosing their neighborhood school. I have 2 children at the school. One is above grade level in all subject areas and the other is exactly where she needs to be. This is because of the dedication of the teachers and the clear expectations they give to parents to help them support their children at home.

Posted April 29, 2014
I feel ready, now that the school year is almost over, to say that choosing McKinley-Thatcher was a great choice! This is our neighborhood school. My daughter loves her teachers/staff/classmates and she has been learning so much from them and impressing us everyday. The school staff and parenting community are making genuine efforts to enable the students to learn, achieve and grow. The results have proven positive.

Posted February 05, 2014
Having moved into the city from Cherry Creek Schools in the suburbs I was afraid that my daughter wouldn't find the same sense of community. McKinley-Thatcher Elementary is her favorite school "EVER" and I could not be more impressed with the principal and community involvement. It takes a village and the parents and staff of McKinley-Thatcher get that.

Posted January 04, 2014
To the parent that doesn't think a jump of 26% to 68% is much to brag about. I am sure those numbers would matter alot to you if they were falling and not rising. I am curious what your participation in this school is beyond elitist worries. Do you belong to the PTA or CSC? Do you volunteer in the classroom? Progress doesn't take place without parent's participation. That jump in numbers is the result of alot of work by alot of dedicated parents. Those grades are my kids grades and I am proud of the teachers, principle, and other students striving to improve. Why don't you continue the tradition and help grow the school instead of dogging it and leaving it to others to do the hard work.

McKinley-Thatcher Elementary School 3

Posted January 03, 2014
Test scores have jumped the past year, but being 26% up to 68% is hardly anything to brag about. 5 grade does seem better than the rest of the school. The teacher/principal turnover rate has me concerned. They seem to be headed in the right direction. More kids from outside the neighborhood? With all the new apartments and rent controlled housing being put up, I'm concerned with the future growth.

Posted October 29, 2013
McKinley-Thatcher Elementary is a great small school. We are very happy we decided to enroll our daughter into a public school close to home. The teachers are great!

Posted October 24, 2013
We are so thrilled with this school! Everybody at McKinley-Thatcher Elementary school clearly cares deeply about every child attending there. My little kindergartner has already learned so much in the couple of months she has been attending and most importantly, she loves this school too!

Posted October 17, 2013
We have three kids at McKinley Thatcher and we couldn't be happier. We live a few blocks away and it's fun to bring the kid's to and from school daily. They are learning so much and are actually excited to get to school for breakfast. The entire staff from the principal, teachers, front office staff, etc are very welcoming, engaging and driven to teach the kids. The facilities are well maintained and the facility manager is extremely friendly. The PTA group is also very involved and growing. We also love the small-town feel as the entire staff know all of the kids.

McKinley-Thatcher Elementary School
1230 South Grant Street, Denver, CO  80210
Last modified McKinley-Thatcher Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
McKinley-Thatcher Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top