Denver, CO

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted May 22, 2015
I always think there is too much homework and that there is way too much testing.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 22, 2015
The teachers help the children learn to be responsible citizens. The school has different races and cultures and everyone is taught to respect differences.

Posted May 22, 2015
My daughter is in the third grade and she has had a great year. Her teacher is young and smart and so good with the children and also the parents. I can't say enough good things about how hard these teachers work for our kids. We all love it because it's special.

Posted February 22, 2015
Mcmeen is a great school ! truly a second home/family , very diverse, yet very harmonious , teachers are very well qualified and they make sure your kid grow academically , i wish they have more programs dedicated for gifted kids though , keep going Mcmeen staff , you are the best and we can't thank you enough!!

McMeen Elementary School 4

Posted December 14, 2013
McMeen is an awesome school. The leadership is very proactive in avoiding behavior problems in the students. I sub in many DPS schools and this is the quietest yet happiest school I go to in any given week. The diversity is unmatched at other area schools and this adds to every child's educational experience.

Posted December 12, 2013
I think this school is awesome. There is amazing diversity and they are doing a great job growing the kids academically. There is a reason this is one of DPS' 15 distinguished schools. They are working hard to involve all parents as well.

McMeen Elementary School 4

Posted December 12, 2013
All change starts with-in, and that is true at McMeen. Mr. Volek, the school principal, has created a school culture of open communication, kindness, and high educational standards. We came into the public school system from a small private school and had some growing pains to start, but are very happy with how the school handled all of our concerns quickly and thoughtfully. I do wish they had an accelerated program, but our teacher has been great at providing more challenging work for us to do at home. The school is highly diverse which will give my boys lessons in culture and acceptance that they could never get from a book. We have been very happy with our experience at McMeen.

Posted December 12, 2013
I have 2 kids on McMeen.. and I am very happy with the work of the teachers... They usually works many extra hours, they support my kids a lot, and my kids are very happy and they are learning many new stuff. Thanks for your effort! Thanks to principal, staff and all voulunteer parents for all the great effort and activities!

Posted December 09, 2013
McMeen is an amazing school. The principal is a great leader. The teachers are all well educated, continually trained, caring and compassionate. Ive never seen a school with so much parental involvement either!

Posted December 06, 2013
The teachers are top notch; the administration is engaged and driven. Student performance continues to improve by great strides!

1000 South Holly St, Denver, CO  80246
Last modified McMeen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
McMeen Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top