Denver, CO
Before care: Yes

Posted December 14, 2013
McMeen is an awesome school. The leadership is very proactive in avoiding behavior problems in the students. I sub in many DPS schools and this is the quietest yet happiest school I go to in any given week. The diversity is unmatched at other area schools and this adds to every child's educational experience.

Posted December 12, 2013
I think this school is awesome. There is amazing diversity and they are doing a great job growing the kids academically. There is a reason this is one of DPS' 15 distinguished schools. They are working hard to involve all parents as well.

Posted December 12, 2013
All change starts with-in, and that is true at McMeen. Mr. Volek, the school principal, has created a school culture of open communication, kindness, and high educational standards. We came into the public school system from a small private school and had some growing pains to start, but are very happy with how the school handled all of our concerns quickly and thoughtfully. I do wish they had an accelerated program, but our teacher has been great at providing more challenging work for us to do at home. The school is highly diverse which will give my boys lessons in culture and acceptance that they could never get from a book. We have been very happy with our experience at McMeen.

Posted December 12, 2013
I have 2 kids on McMeen.. and I am very happy with the work of the teachers... They usually works many extra hours, they support my kids a lot, and my kids are very happy and they are learning many new stuff. Thanks for your effort! Thanks to principal, staff and all voulunteer parents for all the great effort and activities!

Posted December 09, 2013
McMeen is an amazing school. The principal is a great leader. The teachers are all well educated, continually trained, caring and compassionate. Ive never seen a school with so much parental involvement either!

Posted December 06, 2013
The teachers are top notch; the administration is engaged and driven. Student performance continues to improve by great strides!

McMeen Elementary School 1

Posted November 09, 2012
This is the most horrible school year ever. 1st they lost my son for 45 minutes. When I called DPS they never called me back. I am still waiting and it has been almost 3 months. 2nd the teacher told him to put water on hives after being exposed to peanuts, my child is allergic. Then they fed him rotten pears and he threw up 3 times when I asked them what happen after I confirmed with the nurse why he threw up the principle assured me that he didn't get any rotten fruit. Advised he could have gotten a stomach virus. I kept him out of school for a day just in case he did have something outside of bad fruit and he never showed any signs of a stomach virus in fact he ate and ate and ate the entire day and never once got sick. I have called DPS 3 times, I asked them to change his teacher and when I pull him out of the school now they are concerned and want to transfer him to Ellis another school that is run down. McMeen was on the excellence list last year and Ellis wasn't . I am choosing an online program for his education. If I change his school give me the option to pick what school I want my son in. My son has been in the nurses office more times this year than last year

Posted March 24, 2010
McMeen is a good school with best faculty.

McMeen Elementary School 0

Posted December 09, 2009
My daughter absolutely loves this school..last year she went to another school in the district and hated it...The prinicpal, the teacher, everyone on the staff has made this a successful and memorable 3rd grade year...

McMeen Elementary School 0

Posted August 21, 2009
Unfortuntely, I cant agree with the parents who had positive thing to say about this school. It seemed as though my son was learning the same things he did in the first grade at another school. It worries me this school was only rated a 3 when I would have to agree. The teachers are great, very involved, and I loved the shows they would have the kids preform. But education...seemed to be lacking, I had my son transfer to Cherry Creek schools this year, and will probably continue to keep him there since, they seem to be a bit more challenging to what my kid needs. Theres something seriously wrong when your child goes from loving school to absolutely hating it. He cant wait to start his new adventure.

McMeen Elementary School
1000 South Holly St, Denver, CO  80246
Last modified McMeen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
McMeen Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top