Denver, CO
Before care: Yes

Posted August 01, 2012
Our son recently finished his first year at Montclair (in first grade) and we are very pleased with this school. The teachers are enthusiastic, caring, and seem to really enjoy their work. Also, there are many opportunities for parent involvement. Activities such as International Night and the Fun Fair help create a sense of community. Our child greatly enjoyed the special learning opportunities available at Montclair- clusters and brown bag lunches. This allowed him to learn more in-depth about topics such as the Olympics. In addition, the diversity (racial and economic) at this school is wonderful. We also appreciate the fact they are an Innovation school which means they have more independence and decision-making capacity than regular public schools. Our child had a bumpy year in kindergarten (at a different school) and a good year at Montclair- we contribute this to Montclair's supportive, caring environment and its focus on the positive. As with most other public schools, critiques can be made (more funding! smaller class sizes!) but overall this is a terrific school with great teachers.

Posted January 28, 2012
I attended Montclair Elementary School from 1954 to 1958. Had it not been for the excellent teachers I may never have discovered both my academic and athletic abilities. Also, I remember the extracurricular activities which were available and so very valuable at that formative age. I still live in the Montclair neighborhood and pass by the school quite often reminding me of those wonderful days of so long ago.

Montclair Elementary School 4

Posted June 25, 2010
I had an exciting experience with this school. They advanced my two kids into higher levels. They were patient and cooperative. They involve the parents always for the sake of their kids. Overall this school is one of its kind and it is advancing further looking at CSAP results.

Posted April 29, 2010
My granddaughter attends kindergarten - her teacher GiGi Hummel is an excellent teacher. my granddaughter has had 6 teachers before Ms Hummel and thinks she is the best yet.great to hear that for parents and this grandmother.

Posted April 27, 2010
Our daughter is in first grade, and this is her second year at Montclair. The teachers are fantastic. Loving and attentive people who are also solid professionals. My daughter has loved all her teachers, and loves her friends and the sense of community. She feels this is 'my school' in every sense of the word. 'Specials,' 'clusters,' and the great DU student teachers.... we love Montclair!

Posted January 24, 2010
Two of my children currently attend Montclair. They are both very different people and the school serves their needs. My son has special needs they have met each and every one of them with kindness. I love the Clusters. Read to Achieve, which both my children have been identified as needing, is a daily reading program that help them read. I am a teacher and a parent and I have high standards. I volunteer at the school and see behind the scenes. It's a wonderful staff and community at Montclair. And, the children are truly learning!

Posted October 05, 2009
they have done such a turn around from where they were a few years ago. Both my children (now grown,) my husband, his mother and grandmother graduated from this fine school. It deserves all it can get.

Posted May 15, 2008
My daughter is completing her first year at Montclair. I recently asked her how she felt about the school, and she happily shouted, 'Everything!' I chose this school over a private school because I felt the population more accurately reflected the real world and because I was aligned educational philosophically - that learning should be fun. It has paid off My child has grown so much this year and we all look forward to returning.

Posted April 03, 2008
I have had two children attend this school for nearly three years. I have been so impressed with the level of commitment to quality. The principal is amazing and she is dedicated to hiring only the best teachers. She knows my children well and is truly invested in each child's progress and success. I couldn't be happier.

Posted October 01, 2007
Montclair Elementary School, Wow.... I have two children attending Montclair. At first I was extremely skeptical, after meeting the teaching staff and some of the parents I am truly impressed ... They really understand about working with children on their strengths to diminish their weaknesses. For that I am truly thankful... Montclair keep doing what you do and being passionate about children truly learning and you will always do well overall...Roni a loving and always concerned parent.

Montclair Elementary School
1151 Newport St, Denver, CO  80220
Last modified Montclair Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Montclair Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top