Denver, CO

Posted August 06, 2015
my child went there last school year and the experience was horrible. The teachers as well as the principal were very rude and seemed like they could care less if my child succeeded or not. There for my children will not be returning

Newlon Elementary School 2

Posted October 24, 2012
My children have attended here for the last 3 years. The first year was good, but then last year I had a TEACHER contribute to school bullying by talking about the way other people dress. Her name was Mrs. McGuire now Mrs Hoffman. Bullying is prevalent in this school and encouraged by at least this teacher. She needs to be fired!!! Not one parent I have spoke with is in disagreement with my family on this issue. Now with that being said, Mrs Varney the principle honestly does care about the students and my son has GREAT teachers this year, but unfortunately 1 year out of 5 is not good for my student.

Posted May 10, 2012
I attended Newlon, my children attended Newlon and now my grand children are attending Newlon. It's become one of the worst schools in the Denver Public School system. It was great when Mr. Youngquist and Ms. Martinez were there. They truly cared about the students. Now I can't speak about all the teachers but one kindergarten teacher has done more damage then good to my child. I've never seen such a bad teacher who tries to control her students by yelling. What is really wrong is I had to pay $1,690 for my child to attend kindergarten full time just hear him say "I hate school". Who hates school in kindergarten???

Posted May 03, 2012
This school is ran very poorly and needs to have more interest in the students well being. Some of the teachers are there for the students but they do not receive much support from the principle.Please do not send your child to this

Newlon Elementary School

Posted November 13, 2009
The staff is mediocre and sometimes rude and non-helpful. They are extremely strict and the are not very attentive to the student's needs. I would rate this a 2 out of a 5.

Newlon Elementary School 5

Posted September 27, 2007
I love his elementary school. My daughter has develop so much. I would trade this school. From a scale 1-10 Newlon is a 20!!!!!

Newlon Elementary School
361 Vrain St, Denver, CO  80219
Last modified Newlon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Newlon Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top