Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

I love Palmer Elementary School. I choiced my daughter into this school four years ago, and I couldn’t be more pleased. The school is one-to-one with technology, and these days being fluent with technology is vital to success. The class sizes are small. The teachers are caring and responsive. Also, Palmer offers a personalized education. They flexibly group students so that every student receives what they need to be successful. My daughter is identified G.T., and the teachers at Palmer continually find creative ways to challenge her. I would definitely recommend this school to other parents.

It's a great averment and great people

Palmer is our neighborhood school, but I'm opting for another school next year for my children. The teacher turnover rate is very high, and even more disturbing is the fact that teachers are leaving in the middle of the year. This happened to both of my kids! My son did OK when his teacher left, but the transition was really difficult for my daughter. The principal is not honest with families about what's happening at the school, so we all feel left in the dark.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The turnover rate among teachers is so high, there isn't any continuity for the students.

I havey 5 year old son in rolled in mis Hansen's kindergarten class. She is said to be a good teacher.....I wouldn't know though, she has not been there sence the first week! I get that women have babies but the preparation taken for this was very poor! For the first three weeks she was gone there was a flow of sub after sub basically babysitting our kids! Then there was a sub said to be there until mis Hansen could return......that lasted a few days and back to the drawing board! A few subs later we got Mis Maya, she was great and did stay through the remainder of mis Hansen's maturity leave. My son has had below average behavior through this confusing and completely inconsistent time! The entire class with I think 2 or 3 accepting tested below average........just not ok! I will be switching schools and unfortunately my child will have to catch up!

We love Palmer. It's a wonderful, involved, diverse community. The teachers go above and beyond, the PTA is extremely involved. Great school!

I love Palmer. Great teachers and a new Principal are moving this school forward in a very positive way! New computers! Great community of parents making things happen educational and culturally. Our school is growing in many ways.

My son just started at Palmer in Kindergarten this year. The school felt solid to me, but not exciting and had been our second choice. Now I am so glad we came here. Palmer got a new principal over the summer and she is great - very knowledgeable, approachable and involved. Palmer has had steady growth in test scores over the past years, and is now set to build on that foundation to become a really good, innovative and dynamic school.

My kids love Palmer! We have been at the school for 3 years and will continue thru 5th grade. My kids have thrived there. We are a multi-racial family and I love the diversity of the school. Hard to find in DPS. (My kids attended another DPS school in 1st grade and our family had to deal with some racism.) I have found that the teachers are very approachable and interested in every child in their class. There are many different extracurricular activities from sports to Shakespeare and learning languages. I have a friend who kids were a top performing school in DPS ((but where they did not feel welcome) who moved her kids to Palmer this year and they are loving it.

This is our first year at Palmer and my son is in the Advanced Kindergarten class. The school wasn't our first choice but we have been generally impressed. He is learning well and his class is learning together. Teachers are generally friendly and accessible and the principal is straightforward. She could be friendlier but you can't argue with the school's performance levels and improvement it has made. We are hoping to choice into the school next year and that should indicate our happiness.

Last modified Palmer Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.