Sabin World School 5

Posted September 23, 2013
I must start this review by saying that in 2010 when we were placing our kindergardener I flat out told the IB coordinator he would have to convince me to put my child at Sabin. I had read all the previous posts about bullying and nastiness and seen the mediocre scores. Thankfully I was convinced. We moved this past summer and also moved to another school this year (2013) for third grade and I cannot express here how much my daughter and I miss Sabin. The school we now attend looks great on paper but they are missing everything that counts. Sabin has the most amazing teachers in the district. They love these kids and are there for them 24-7. We really did our daughter a disservice by moving her to a "better" school. I would recommend Sabin to ANYONE looking for an elementary school in the Denver metro area.

Sabin World School 3

Posted August 28, 2012
Over all school has right idea and potential to be a great school. This school is more concerned about rules and being the number one school then any concern about the Kids that go there. My child has been there 3 years and each year I have had to go beyond the principal to resolve the issues.

Sabin World School 5

Posted August 23, 2012
I will have to say as a parent of this school for 6 years this year. Things have improved greatly. The school reaches out to families but no response. They are always inviting parents to parent meeting but no show. I seen maybe 5 or 6 there. The office staff is awesome. :-)

Posted August 02, 2009
Having been in Sabin numerous times over the past three years, there seems to be a disconnect with the previous postings. 2008 scores have improved dramatically, the principal seems on top of everything and has a dedicated administrative staff. The teachers have done an outstanding job of incorportaing IB into their everyday curriculum which is evident as walk through the building. The very high percentage of free and reduced lunches speaks to the changing demographics in the community. Sabin is an outstanding school with increasing test scores, professional teachers and a wise and dedicated prinicipal. If you are looking for a safe and nuturing place that will challenge your child, look no further than Sabin.

Posted June 26, 2008
This school used to be highly rated in the Denver area. I agree with the last posting that the leadership in this school is poor. It would be a shame if they do get their International Baccalaureate certification. The connection between the families and the administration is a very weak area, which is important in the IB program. The lack of respect for the parents is evident when you walk through the halls. The discipline at this school is hilarious as they do not have a strong and consistent and fair behavior plan. Think twice before enrolling your child here.

Posted June 26, 2008
This school used to be considered one of the best in the district. The district should pay more attention to the decline this school has experienced. Until they pay attention the the needs of the students and families, this schhol will continue to decline. The administration is poor and they have a definite lack of connection with the parents. It will be a disservice if they become a International Baccalaureate school. They do not work with the families on any level.

Posted May 28, 2008
I agree with parent posting on april 20, 2008. The leadership is awful, no proactive stepping in their part to ensure bullyness. My daughter has been bullied and when they went to the teacher she was told to go to the advisor/phsycologist. They need to have more resources available for teachers and students on how to speak out if things are not going well.

Posted April 20, 2008
Sabin has a huge lack of leadership. The principal and AP do not handle discipline as needed. My children were repeatedly bullied with nothing solved. When they approach teachers about issues, they send them away. When they stick up for themselves then they are punished. Sabin teachers are overwhelmed and have little to no control over their classrooms, and it is understandable because they get no support from thier principal.

Posted April 04, 2008
This school is one of the most unfriendly schools. I am a parent, and the principal and assistant principal never say hello. Most of the teachers are nice, but you don't know whether they will be there the next year. We will find another school next year.

Posted January 18, 2008

Sabin World School
3050 South Vrain St, Denver, CO  80236
Last modified Sabin World School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sabin World School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews.