Denver, CO

Posted December 11, 2014
Stedman is a great school with a small learning community. The teachers and staff are very involved! I also love Stedman because it is diverse. They have many after school activities and have incorporated music as well!

Posted April 17, 2014
My daughter is in Kindergarten and loves her school. I love the small class sizes and the diverse community. Her classmates are all so different and she is learning how to get along with so many different types of people. I love our walks to school together and the later start time (8:45) makes the morning stress free. Mr. Malling and the teachers are dedicated to Stedman's success and every year the school gets better.

Posted April 17, 2014
We love this school. My daughter who has SPD and ADHD is thriving. She is happy, feels liked, and successful. The principal is very involved and innovative. Special Education services are great. We are very happy we transferred our child to this school.

Posted November 22, 2013
My son has attended Stedman for the last four years and I volunteer in the classrooms regularly. I have observed the following: a hands-on principal, teachers who genuinely care about student success, and a group of children who have treated my son with kindness (even though he is "different.") I realize that this school needs to improve their academic standings, but there is no reason that they can't be rated with the top elementary schools in Denver, if given some time and the support of the neighborhood.

Posted November 22, 2013
I am a professor of education with a PhD in Education from UCLA and teach at the School of Education at the University of Colorado. Stedman is a place where the teachers and the principal authentically care about their students, families, and community. You feel welcomed and honored to be a part of that community. They provide afterschool programs, childcare for parent meetings, family dinners for after school functions, etc. This is a place where they welcome and honor diversity instead of viewing urban students of color as a deficit. Amazing school!

Posted November 21, 2013
Stedman is a fantastic school with a great sense of community. The teachers are dedicated and go above and beyond to help children succeed. I have two children there, one is in the ECE program and the other is in kindergarten. We love Stedman.

Posted November 21, 2013
Stedman is a wonderful school with great teacher and parent involvement. It has a great "old school" feel. I've found many of the newer schools are just a box. With all the activities there is never a dull moment. music and art and P.E. I feel like my daughter has blossomed here and will be bringing her back next year.

Posted November 21, 2013
Stedman is a fantastic neighborhood school with dedicated group of parents and staff. Principal Malling has been on the job for the past two years making incredible strides in raising the bar for the students and teachers. Prinicipal Malling goes above and beyond in making sure the needs of his students are addressed and handled with care. Teachers at Stedman are like family. They nurture, instruct, and set high expectations for students. What Stedman may lack in funding from DPS, the Stedman community makes up for with it's warm, welcoming, and supportive spirit. I am so happy to send both my boys to a learning environment that is daily cultivating their future success.

Posted October 01, 2013
Just two weeks after my daughter started school at Stedman, she came home singing the school song: "Stedman Knights, Turn on the Lights, Knowledge is Power!" You can feel the strong sense of community when you walk in the door of Stedman. With less than 400 students at Stedman, kids and adults know each other's name. I love that teacher's use positive reinforcement instead of punishment by giving out "caught in the acts" to kids for positive behaviors. Stedman has a positive learning environment with strong leadership. Stedman doesn't get the high scores that it deserves.

Posted September 03, 2013
Stedman provides a nurturing and safe environment where kids are encouraged to excel academically. In my 9 years as a Stedman parent, my children have had excellent teachers who strived to meet their unique needs and challenge them. I am grateful for the happy, kind and supportive culture at Stedman and for the great start it has given my children in their educational careers.

Stedman Elementary School
2940 Dexter St, Denver, CO  80207
Last modified Stedman Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stedman Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top