Denver, CO
Before care: Yes

Posted November 30, 2014
I can't say enough about our amazing school. We have an excellent theater, music, art and physical education program. The teachers and staff are phenomenal, as well as the family involvement is beyond amazing. We are so lucky to be a part of this community. We have a school garden and the produce is served in the cafeteria. Other special things about our school is the back pack program, sending food home on Friday's to families in need. The Penny Harvest teaches our kids to be young philanthropists and donate pennies collected to organizations of their choice. We have a wide range of enrichment programs including Math rocks, knitting, cooking classes, fashion classes, hip hop, ballet, gymnastics, soccer, etc. Overall, I feel privileged to send my two kids to this great school!!

Posted May 24, 2014
My 3 children attend(ed) this school. We have nothing but positive things to say. The three of them have different learning styles. Each of their needs have been met. Love all of the staff and teachers.

Teller Elementary School 4

Posted May 24, 2014
Teller Elementary is a wonderful community based school that provides a good education and a diverse student body. Our music department led by Jennifer Bartos is amazing and I love that my children go to a school where the arts are appreciated and celebrated. Ms. Down's, the principal, attends all PTA meetings and makes herself available for parents as well. Anytime there has been a situation at Teller, Ms. Down's has made every effort to be involved and rectify the situation. There has been teacher turnover in recent years, but in my opinion, that has been necessary to create a stronger teacher community and keep Teller moving forward. My son has since graduated from Teller and was fully prepared for the rigorous academics of his chartered middle school. I am confident that my two children who still attend Teller will be amply prepared as well.

Posted May 24, 2014
Teller has had a lot of struggles in the past years but has a devoted and committed community of teachers, parents, and students that keep striving to make the school better and better. It is evident with rising test scores, enrollment and parent satisfaction.

Posted May 23, 2014
I have been a Teller parent for quite sometime now so I have seen the shift with the newest principal... Before she was head of the school it was like a family home community. The kids were happy, bullying was at it's lowest and my students were excelling in their studies! My oldest even shifted into GT during her 4th grade year! Ever since her take over - there has been MULTIPLE dangerous bullying situations...one that I didn't even know about until the kid in my kids class was kicked out of the school and I had come to find out that she was keeping quiet (my student) about the situation because she was always ignored and told to deal with it because in sixth grade there would be worse. Either get involved at this school and try to change it or DON'T attend Teller unless you want your child to be yelled at, ignored, bullied and given an education that's only been going down for two years and that's state results and self opinion so you decide.

Teller Elementary School 3

Posted December 04, 2013
Teller is a decent school that has been working to improve test scores and modernize itself. There has recently been a lot of teacher turn-over which appears to be positive but since it seems the majority of the teachers are new this year, stability has yet to be proven. The principal seems more interested in backing district decisions then parent partnership/communication and could use additional "people skills".

Posted November 13, 2013
Teller Elementary is a wonderful community school. I choose the word community over neighborhood because we do have families that choice in. That combined with the neighborhood families creates a wonderful environment for my children. We are in our 4th year at Teller, which began with the ECE program, and the experience gets better and better. In addition to the great leadership of Principal Downs, Teller is blessed with amazing teachers, including full time art, drama/music and PE teachers. As well as strong after school programs. If you are interested in Teller, I encourage you to take a tour to see the school and met the teachers/staff, come to a PTA meeting to chat with parents, and attend one of our events. You will not be disappointed..

Teller Elementary School 3

Posted November 12, 2013
Overall Teller is a good school, although it would be nice if they replaced the secretary (Dee Faust)with someone who has better communication skills.

Posted August 20, 2013
There are teachers at this school, who don't know how to teach a child with disabilities. I walked into his special ed class, Everyone was writing sentences but my child. My child was drawing pics. The teacher was at her desk. Our child should be working in 6th grade, not kindergarten again. I may have to pull our child out of Teller, who has teachers who don't know how to teach our child. Since I can't give a zero they will only get 1star.Teachersneed to go back to school and learn how to teach special ed,and the regular ed teachers also.

Posted April 30, 2013
My child learned more as a 4 year old in an out of state school than she learned in both 1st and 2nd grade at this school. The sad part is that the rest of the DPS school system is just as sad and trying to choice her in at a better school is near impossible. I spend my time off trying to make up for the lack of education they are providing. The only saving grace this place has is the band, drama and choir teacher, along with the office staff. I only pray my child's teacher next spring is better than this years teacher.

Teller Elementary School
1150 Garfield St, Denver, CO  80206
Last modified Teller Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Teller Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top