School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

At Teller we always … Ask questions. Share ideas. Cite evidence. Celebrate growth! Our staff is committed to living out the shared values within Denver Public Schools. These values are Students First, Integrity, Equity, Collaboration, Accountability and Fun!
August 13, 2015

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (4 responses)

Grateful to: no rating

- a school leader
I feel immeasurable gratitude for all the parents I've met and worked with this year. Teller is an amazing school in no small part because of its dedicated community of parent volunteers, people who give so much of their time, effort and money to help benefit the all the students who call Teller home.

Teller Elementary School 5

Posted May 25, 2016
Because it's a school that's about community and teachers that care. We are grateful for the kindness and support we receive.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 25, 2016
Our 2nd grade teacher has been pivotal in motivating our daughter and keeping her engaged and determined to succeed. We appreciate all you did this year Cari!

Teller Elementary School 4

Posted May 24, 2016
This is our 3rd year at Teller, with 2 children, and we have had wonderful experiences with the teachers. We love the "extras" that our kids get at Teller, including music, art, PE and a trip to the library every week. The PTA and community involvement is pretty amazing. If it weren't for the difficulties we have experienced with leadership, particularly the principal, this rating would be great rather than good.

Teller Elementary School 5

Posted February 10, 2016
This is my 5th year at Teller and I feel very fortunate to send my two children here. Our school has the most amazing staff and we are fortunate to have a huge music program, awesome arts and PE and also the best librarian around. The kids are encouraged and rewarded for good behavior, taught valuable character traits weekly, they have monthly pep rallys, every grade performs on stage, I can go on and on. The teachers and parents are very involved, it is a wonderful community to belong to. We are so lucky to live in this great neighborhood and go to Teller Elementary!!!!

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted January 28, 2016
My child's 1st grade teacher was phenomenal. Very compassionate and listened well to parental concerns. 2nd grade teacher was wonderfully compassionate too. The leadership tends to be the issue at this school, and if there is a bad apple of a teacher the leadership shows no accountability.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted January 28, 2016
One teacher in the fourth grade is verbally abusive to students she does not like. I have witnessed her negatively label students she does not care for in front of classmates. Her affect is strange and abrasive. My child did not initially report comments she was hearing, but when she did I was appalled. I witnessed some of the comments on the playground after school as well.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted January 28, 2016
In general, I think kids need a brain break and family time in the evenings, not more work.

Develops respect: Neutral

Posted January 28, 2016
They think they do, but improvements can be made. Students need to be directly taught how to treat peers with differences, but this would require more training of teachers and staff.

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted January 28, 2016
Depends on if the teacher likes or understands the needs of the student or not.

1150 Garfield St, Denver, CO  80206
Last modified Teller Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.