Denver, CO
Students enrolled: 1,048

Posted August 02, 2013
My son has been going to Thomas Jefferson since he was a Freshman and he loves it. His grades have never been better in his life because he likes being there so much and wants to do well in his classes. I don't know how they do it, but they definitely have what it takes to help my son succeed.

Thomas Jefferson High School 1

Posted May 26, 2013
As a former student, there is only one thing I would like to communicate to other students considering TJ: DO NOT COME HERE. This school's teachers do not respect or encourage students, the administration is only concerned with sidestepping rules to get graduation rates up, and the students are the least motivated kids you will find in Denver. Even if you have the drive to enhance the school or become involved, the teachers and school will squash your ambitions since they assume you're like every other unmotivated D student. Don't let any websites or mailings fool you, this school is the least academic building in the state. Do not come here.

Posted September 25, 2012
Best high school in Denver. Great all around experience and well rounded education. The school has a great history in athletics and academics.

Posted October 27, 2011
TJ has been a really great choice for my 9th grader. In addition to an excellent professional computer/journalism program, that you won't find anywhere else, there are honors and AP offerings for every subject. The honors/AP classes are challenging,even for kids coming from IPM or HGT programs. The teachers and administration treat the students with respect and like young adults. Most of the students respond well to this and so there is a relaxed learning atmosphere of mutual respect. The principal is very down to earth and doesn't sweat the small stuff. She actually seems to enjoy being around the students..even the boys! And the cool thing is watching all these kids of different ethnicities and backgrounds getting along so well. We could all learn something from them. Oh...also great sports, theater and lots of other clubs and extras!

Thomas Jefferson High School 1

Posted February 28, 2011
I enrolled at TJ for the second semester of my junior year since I had recently moved in to the area. I had previously attended GW.My first day there was terrible simply because my counselor was never happy to help me.My teachers never bothered to welcome me or give me the information I needed in order to be successful in their class.A couple of weeks later my grades began to suffer due to the lack of support from my teachers.When I felt the need to talk to a counselor for help I asked other students which counselor they recommended and everyone let me know that students never go to the counselors but instead go to the asst. principal for support.I couldn't believe that the counselors at TJ were so unpopular, knowing that at GW I needed my counselor weekly to get help with my grades and preparing for college.About a week later I found myself back at GW.Although TJ was at a much more convenient distance it was not worth the potential for failure that I had there.Overall, my experience at TJ was terrible and I would definitely recommend that if possible you avoid this school if you want your student to have all the support necessary for success in high school and in college.

Thomas Jefferson High School 0

Posted November 05, 2010
I now have 2 children attending this school. The academics are great, teachers are great, and the opportunities to play sports are great too. Both kids completely fit in there!

Posted October 07, 2010
I think that Thomas Jefferson High has an excellent Special Education department . The teachers and Paraprofessionals are great ! So is the Dr. and the nurse ! They have had to have patience and understanding with my son and I . He has been there since the 9th grade and is now in 11th . We went through some difficult times and with the help of all these professionals we made it though . Some of them have really gone out of their way to help us . We are so thankfull to them and would like them to be reconized . Hopefully, when my son graduates . Thank you to a certain security/coach as well for making us feel welcome and trying to help my son get into sports and self confidence. Most of all they all showed true caring and compassion for my son and I. Thank You!

Posted February 02, 2010

Posted December 06, 2009

Thomas Jefferson High School 0

Posted December 03, 2009
This school has an overall outstanding program for the kids the want it but the problem is they don't. I am a student and it is hard to focus because the other kids slack off.They teachers are also something to worry about. There are a few teachers that i have had that hate kids and just shouldn' tbe teachers.

Thomas Jefferson High School
3950 South Holly St, Denver, CO  80237
Last modified Thomas Jefferson High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thomas Jefferson High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top