Denver, CO

Posted September 24, 2014
i would say if your looking for a school in which provides adequit attention and appropriate manners and behavior and allows students to push their selves and prepare for the future, DONT SEND YOUR KID TO WEST. I will admit they have an outstanding JROTC team which I am proud to be apart of being S2 in my battalion staff but besides such manner WEST is not the school for you. The teachers ignore you and treat you as if they are a babysitter and the fellow students are not only rude and immature but are very uneducated.

Posted August 27, 2014
West is a wonderful school where students learn to take charge of their future. The students at West are gifted, intelligent, hard working, and innovative. I have never been a part of a community that takes so much pride in what they do. At West anything is possible.

Posted December 15, 2011
There is not a lot of learning going on at West High School. There on not enough teachers and the ones still working there are plagued by poor leadership put in place by DPS. The classrooms are are overcrowded and the teachers end up as babysitters. Next year I intend to transfer my child to a school where he will have a chance to prepare for his future.

Posted December 14, 2011
HIspanic based population that is very gang related! West has always been a problem and continues to be. Kids who would rather rave then learn, girls that would rather be socially open than learn and get out of the ghetto they grew up in.

Posted January 12, 2011
I LoVE WEST HIGH IM A SENIOR THERE CLASS OF 2011 bby i been at west for three years my junior year i went to kennedy and oh boy i didnt like it im glad to be bakk GO COWBOYS THE TEACHERS MAY GET YU MAD BUT THEY WILL ALWAYS BE THER TO HELP I RECCOMEND YU SEND YUR CHILD TO WEST TO HAVE AN AMAZING FUTURE

West High School 4

Posted July 21, 2010
I have one child attending West and as the principal was the same as when my child attended Middle school, he knew what my child needed to do well in school. With that in mind, my son has done quite well and is now preparing to become a sophmore. West is a great school now in thanks to the new principal

West High School 0

Posted April 19, 2010
West is a great school if the student wants tol learn and has supportive parents. I graduated from there in 2003 and there was alot of peer pressure but my parents were great role models and that made me excell. The teachers were also very supportive when they saw a student wanting to learn and grow.

Posted November 08, 2008

Posted August 06, 2008

Posted July 24, 2008

West High School
951 Elati St, Denver, CO  80204
Last modified West High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top