Bad
Good

This school was such a great experience for both my child and our family. She is now going into 6th grade (continuated this spring 2016) but I will forever be grateful to all the amazing, caring, outstanding teachers and admin for giving your love, time and commitment to my child. She has grown in all areas and is now thriving! I moved from Englewood into Denver back in 2011. We had to transfer into DPS and I was not excited about it. However; after a few moths of my child going to Castro, I could feel and see how much these teachers and admin genuinely care for their students. We fell in love with Castro!!!! Thank you for all your time and hard work and for the expectations you put on not only our child but our community. Thank you for speaking college into my daughter, thank you for telling her that she can and will succeed. Thank you for going the extra mile , staying late, over nighters, Rockies games and extra activities. Thank you for rewarding good behavior, thank you for recognizing growth and all the encouragement! In our community there is not much light to get out of poverty and the mindset, standards and expectations it brings. You've raised the bar, Castro you are a light in this community!

The teachers at Castro work tirelessly for their kids. Often teachers will stay till 5 or 6 at night because they are so committed to their students. Most kids are enthusiastic about learning and know that the staff of Castro really do care for them.

I am extremely grateful for the great work teachers do. Unfortunately I do not think the school has the best administration since they are losing excellent teachers with great experience in their work. Thanks Mrs. Pati o The best education is the key to the future of our children.

This school has amazing teachers, but one of the worst principals I have ever heard of. She is not supportive of her staff at all, in fact, she goes out of her way to belittle them. The turnover rate of her teachers says it all. Your child may excel here, but it will be because of the love of the teachers certainly not the leadership provided by the principal Cheri Wrench.

This school is a school of teachers and a principal (Mr. Gonzales was the best) who care about the education of the children! They have great programs during and after school to further learning. It is nice to see a school of teachers who are still there for the kids than other schools who think badly about kids now a days!!!

Last modified Castro Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.