Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)

Whittier's principal, Mr. Jai Palmer, is outstanding. There are also wonderful benefits for Whittier students because Whittier is a small school. This small size enables the students and their families to be part of a close community which supports the learning of each individual child.

Whittier has been like a home to us for the past 11 years. All 3 of our children have gone or are still going to this school. The principal and staff care deeply about the students, and it shows. The academic rigor, strict rules, and cultural diversity make for a rich learning environment. Parents are always welcome to volunteer at the school and there is a very active PTA there. We wouldn't send our kids anywhere else!!

I've especially appreciated the way the special education team cares for my child and has been there for him over the years.

There are some amazing educators at this school, hence a two star rating instead of a one star rating. But, the current administration has major problems relating to parents in a constructive, healthy manner - especially parents who raise up concerns.

The principal lacks responsibility of bulling and assaults that happen at the school and on school ground I have been trying to get an incident report from him on a incident that my child was the victim in and he refuses to meet or even get on the phone with me. my child problem has been swept under the rug. So do not approve of this school or the bulling ( physical and emotional) that goes on in this school.

This school has a clear understannding of the population and community it serves. Almost all the staff has been there for some time and the school culure provides effective maangement and discipline techniques in the classroom and out.

This is our first year at Whittier. My daughter (ece) and my son (middle school) loves going to school every day. I love the small class sizes and strong parent/ teacher involvement. I am really impressed how active the principle, Mr. Palmer is with the students. The spirit of Whittier is unbeatable, no wonder they are now a "green" school! (One of very few in the NE district)

I was very sad to leave Whittier K-8. My son attended from Kindergarten to 5th grade. The principal, Mr. Palmer, is exceptional with the students and his staff. He always made time for me when I had questions or problems. The teachers and paras are loved by the students. I must say, I am truly impressed by the art teacher Ms. Lee. My son came home with such wonderful art work, I framed it to hang up. I miss my Whittier 'family' already!

My son and daughter both attend Whittier. I love that the school is smaller, I know my children won't fall between the cracks academically. The principle is VERY active in the school, I know he wants every child to succeed. Whittier is a great choice.

The adminstration staff is lackluster, they tend to ignore problems and make it out to be the child's issues. Parent teacher conferences are non-existant, bullying is a major issue at this school. Please don't send your child here for middle school. Try any of the other schools in the area first.

Last modified Whittier K-8 School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.