Denver, CO
Students enrolled: 1,217

Posted May 21, 2014
More than anything mlk more than just being a school and community its a family because we all stay together and help eachother out im not just talking about the students im also talking about the teachers. There are teachers that more than just being a teacher to us turn into friends, we go to them for advice and they are always there. This school is different but unique sure its not the best because it has its ups and downs like any other school but its not bad and the students are not horrible like all of you guys claim. You should judge a school or generalize that mlk is bad and horrible because of a few student also because you can never judge a book by its cover when you don't know how things really are. Keep it to yourself, because everyones quick to point out a few of the bad things but never take the time to point out all of the good ones this school, students and teachers have to offer! #studentclassof2015

Posted May 20, 2014
Reading all these negative reviews about MY school are just so unfair, i say this because a lot of those "descriptions" fit only a short amount of students in my school, everyone else is awesome! If you guys got the chance to be at my school for just one day, you'd see how much students appreciate their teachers, and how much we all love each other. This is the only school i'm not scared to get bullied in, I have friends who go to a suburban High school, and guess what? They hate it because there is so much bullying going on in there. MLK has changed my life, if you ask me, BEST SCHOOL EVER!!!!!!!! *This is from someone who ACTUALLY knows the school enoug

Martin Luther King Jr. Early College 0

Posted May 20, 2014
The problem with most these reviews if they are very one sided. I have been going to this school since 6th grade and turning into a senior next year. I have been her for 5-6 years. There is a large rotation in teachers due to the districts RIBing system. This has been the most helpful school I know. Friends of mine go to other schools and refer to their struggles regularly. I will not be the first student here to say that MLK is a second home to me. I can't think of any actual controversy between the students. We have always worked to together and always will. The staff this year do nothing BUT care for us. I am infuriated that some of you people are so ignorant about the situation. I understand some of the reviews are from former teachers or students, but they never gave this school a chance. They were most likely forced here against their will and had A bad experience. Nothing in this world is peachy and I would suggest some of you do your OWN research about our community before taking advise from a review website. That includes my reply as well. Don't trust me if you don't want, but as a veteran of this facility, I can guarantee you that this school is THE BEST in DPS.

Posted April 26, 2014
The biggest issue with this school is that there is little or no adult control over the kids - the kids rule the school and they take full advantage of it. Kids coming to school drunk and high and selling drugs. One student begged me to take her out of class because no one was listening to the teacher, kids were messing around and talking out of turn and one kid was rolling on the floor doing whatever he wanted and the teacher couldn't get him to stop. Kids wandering the halls evading adults, leaving school grounds for hours at a time, and kids being locked out of classrooms regardless of the reason for being late. Punishment rather than Positive Behavior incentives and supports are employed, and it does not work. Adults in the school do not enforce their own rules and then wonder why kids don't behave or learn in the classroom. I briefly worked at this school and live in the community, and I would not recommend this school to any families. I think it needs to close and be reopened by a charter school system that works.

Posted February 15, 2014
If there was a grading system for this school I would give it an F-. Worst school to be in. Teacher's work so hard, and if working with horrible students isn't enough- they are treated worse by admin- teacher's have to go to meetings every day, and are assigned work on top of their daily, and hourly work. To make things worse, students have NO respect for each other, themselves, or the teachers that work hard to teach them. I feel bad for the teachers honestly; it's not a suitable place for learning or teaching, students won't allow it, and teacher's are burnt out. If the score of this school wasn't enough to convince you to stay out- hopefully all the one star ratings will be. TURN AROUND if you are looking for a school to put your child in, and TURN AROUND if you are looking for a school to teach in.

Posted February 15, 2014
THIS IS THE WORST SCHOOL IN THE GREEN VALLEY RANCH AREA! I have been trying to get my son's report card from the last quarter and have yet to get it. When I inquire about it all I get is that their system is down or they have yet to recieve them yet. What do I have to do to get some results? They complain about parent involvement but I am an involed parent and I still get NO results. The principal does not return emails and hides when she hears parents complaining in the office. MY CHILD WILL NOT RETURN TO THIS HORRIBLE SCHOOL NEXT YEAR!

Posted December 03, 2013
Kids are very rude, very disruptive, and out of control in all the classrooms. I feel bad for the teachers, they work so hard, and they are so nice; but all the students (especially the bad ones) abuse or take advantage. If I was a teacher, i wouldn't work here, and parents, if you are looking for a school to put your child- I wouldn't even consider this at all. If I could give it 0 stars, as a student- I would give it a 0.

Posted December 03, 2013
Martin Luther King Jr. was one of the greatest people of all time. He was just, fair, peaceful, and kind. It is really sad that it doesn't live up to it's name. You would think that the students would show the same qualities of Dr. MLK, but they don't. The students have no respect for authority, nor themselves- they disrespect themselves and the others around them- and I don't think this is what Dr. MLK Dreamed. I feel bad for the teachers; they work so hard to come back to a school to be mistreated, put down, harassed, and threatened. If I was a teacher, I wouldn't apply here; why? You Can't Teach Kids Who Don't Care. Most of the kids that go to this school don't care about themselves or others. If you are a teacher looking for a school to work at- don't apply here, if you are a parent looking to enroll your child in this school, don't enroll your child here, and if you are a student looking for a nice school to attend- don't apply.

Posted November 15, 2013
Students are out of control, they have little to no respect for how hard the teachers work. It's sad that they don't really care how they talk to each other or the staff; nevertheless how they act. Many of them disrupt the class and mistreat the teachers and fellow students. I wouldn't place all the blame on the Whole School, but mostly it's the Middle School. The High School students are more mature, but still lack respect for teachers and other students.

Posted January 06, 2011
this is an amazing school!! My friends and have learned alot they just treat us so GREAT!!

Martin Luther King Jr. Early College
19535 East 46th Ave, Denver, CO  80249
Last modified Martin Luther King Jr. Early College is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Martin Luther King Jr. Early College Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top