Bad
Good

Edgewater Elementary School 2

Posted September 25, 2014
I posted a review not too long ago expressing my disappointment with Edgewater, but I also forgot to mention that they have an issue in calling their kindergartners liars. My daughter was called a liar, had her paper taken away and was told she couldn't draw about our camping trip. That to me is unacceptable. This school is by far one of the worst I've seen, and everyday it seems to get worse.

Edgewater Elementary School 5

Posted April 03, 2014
I am very happy and proud my children attend Edgewater Elementary! Excellent teachers and staff!!!!

Edgewater Elementary School 1

Posted May 24, 2013
So I don't know much about this school but I would love to know more so I can see if my wife and I are even willing to move to this area! Can anyone help us?

Edgewater Elementary School 3

Posted October 04, 2010
I know nothing, really, about Edgewater Elementary School, other than heresay. However, I would posit that a community gets out of a school what it puts in. I realize the reviews below are old, so I reckon some things have changed since they were written. However, if parents who have time would donate some of it while their children are in school at Edgewater, that donation of even a couple hours a week to your neighborhood school is a great gift. It also inspires other parents to do the same. If we do have a child here, I fully intend to give back to the community that helps to raise her. I encourage anyone, in Edgewater or wherever your community is, to give a little. It really does take a village to raise a child.

Edgewater Elementary School 4

Posted July 12, 2006
As a community member and Edgewater volunteer, I have a different perspective than some parents. Edgewater's resources are limited, yes, but many of the faculty are seriously dedicated at Edgewater. Projects like the Mural Club show how the faculty reaches out to its students and the community. The school's discipline program, using

Edgewater Elementary School 3

Posted February 29, 2004
My son is in the 'headstart' program, and so far..yes he is learning some basics..and the teachers he has..Teri/Consuelo..do their best to keep up with the children..but I would say..if you have the option..send your child somewhere else..basically because ..again the resources are very limited..In general however I simply do not think much of the Colorado school system so far. I just want to see my child do well..all parents do..reading the previous review is a bit disheartening..

Edgewater Elementary School 4

Posted February 11, 2004
This school makes the very most of the resources it has, but unfortunately, the resources are not a lot. I had a child enter the school at grade 1 and was put in a class with kindergardeners, 1st and 2nd graders. He spent his second grade year in the same classroom and unfortunately by the time his class moved up into the 3rd grade, they were very far behind 3rd grade level and never reached the appropriate grade level when they graduated from the six grade and moved on to middle school. My son is now in high school and struggles. He was a lot of friends he remains in contact with from Edgewater and they are all having the same problems. The elementary years are critical...I don't recommend this school. It's just unfortunate that all Jefferson County elementary schools cannot have the same resources.

Edgewater Elementary School
5570 West 24th Avenue, Edgewater, CO  80214
Last modified Edgewater Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Edgewater Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top