Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The first and second grade teachers seem to give special attention to each student and break them up into groups based on their current ability. No child is left behind and students who are able learn more. It's the perfect mix.

Amount of homework: Agree

Just right, although for my advanced student some of it was a little repetitious. It would be slightly better if they ramped up the difficulty quicker for especially advanced students.

This school has been good for my son. The classes differentiate meaning they try to help each student at the level they are at. I think this is great because all the students are progressing. All the students also get I-Pad's in 2nd grade to enhance learning. This has been a godsend for my son who is an advanced student along with the attention the teacher gives each student. The Teacher's are very concerned about the students getting the most out of the education and every student getting something. The penalties are pretty strict for disruptions, but I see this as a good thing it supports a good learning environment for all the students.

I posted a review not too long ago expressing my disappointment with Edgewater, but I also forgot to mention that they have an issue in calling their kindergartners liars. My daughter was called a liar, had her paper taken away and was told she couldn't draw about our camping trip. That to me is unacceptable. This school is by far one of the worst I've seen, and everyday it seems to get worse.

I am very happy and proud my children attend Edgewater Elementary! Excellent teachers and staff!!!!

So I don't know much about this school but I would love to know more so I can see if my wife and I are even willing to move to this area! Can anyone help us?

I know nothing, really, about Edgewater Elementary School, other than heresay. However, I would posit that a community gets out of a school what it puts in. I realize the reviews below are old, so I reckon some things have changed since they were written. However, if parents who have time would donate some of it while their children are in school at Edgewater, that donation of even a couple hours a week to your neighborhood school is a great gift. It also inspires other parents to do the same. If we do have a child here, I fully intend to give back to the community that helps to raise her. I encourage anyone, in Edgewater or wherever your community is, to give a little. It really does take a village to raise a child.

Last modified Edgewater Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.