Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted March 02, 2016
Thanks Mrs. Koppenhaver! You've been great with my son. I really appreciate your attention to detail and working with us and all the students and parents to best educate each and every student. You are amazing!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted March 02, 2016
The first and second grade teachers seem to give special attention to each student and break them up into groups based on their current ability. No child is left behind and students who are able learn more. It's the perfect mix.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted March 02, 2016
Just right, although for my advanced student some of it was a little repetitious. It would be slightly better if they ramped up the difficulty quicker for especially advanced students.

Edgewater Elementary School 4

Posted March 02, 2016
This school has been good for my son. The classes differentiate meaning they try to help each student at the level they are at. I think this is great because all the students are progressing. All the students also get I-Pad's in 2nd grade to enhance learning. This has been a godsend for my son who is an advanced student along with the attention the teacher gives each student. The Teacher's are very concerned about the students getting the most out of the education and every student getting something. The penalties are pretty strict for disruptions, but I see this as a good thing it supports a good learning environment for all the students.

Edgewater Elementary School 2

Posted September 25, 2014
I posted a review not too long ago expressing my disappointment with Edgewater, but I also forgot to mention that they have an issue in calling their kindergartners liars. My daughter was called a liar, had her paper taken away and was told she couldn't draw about our camping trip. That to me is unacceptable. This school is by far one of the worst I've seen, and everyday it seems to get worse.

Edgewater Elementary School 5

Posted April 03, 2014
I am very happy and proud my children attend Edgewater Elementary! Excellent teachers and staff!!!!

Edgewater Elementary School 1

Posted May 24, 2013
So I don't know much about this school but I would love to know more so I can see if my wife and I are even willing to move to this area! Can anyone help us?

Edgewater Elementary School 3

Posted October 04, 2010
I know nothing, really, about Edgewater Elementary School, other than heresay. However, I would posit that a community gets out of a school what it puts in. I realize the reviews below are old, so I reckon some things have changed since they were written. However, if parents who have time would donate some of it while their children are in school at Edgewater, that donation of even a couple hours a week to your neighborhood school is a great gift. It also inspires other parents to do the same. If we do have a child here, I fully intend to give back to the community that helps to raise her. I encourage anyone, in Edgewater or wherever your community is, to give a little. It really does take a village to raise a child.

Edgewater Elementary School 4

Posted July 12, 2006
As a community member and Edgewater volunteer, I have a different perspective than some parents. Edgewater's resources are limited, yes, but many of the faculty are seriously dedicated at Edgewater. Projects like the Mural Club show how the faculty reaches out to its students and the community. The school's discipline program, using

Edgewater Elementary School 3

Posted February 29, 2004
My son is in the 'headstart' program, and so far..yes he is learning some basics..and the teachers he has..Teri/Consuelo..do their best to keep up with the children..but I would say..if you have the option..send your child somewhere else..basically because ..again the resources are very limited..In general however I simply do not think much of the Colorado school system so far. I just want to see my child do well..all parents do..reading the previous review is a bit disheartening..

5570 West 24th Avenue, Edgewater, CO  80214
Last modified Edgewater Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.