Posted October 16, 2014
I have worked in this district and middle school and yes your reports about bullying are true there is a political agenda of power with administration here. Legacy academy is a fantastic alternative and truly cafe about students keep exposing the issues don't give up good luck

Posted October 15, 2014
We are parents of two former EMS students who opted to move their kids out of the district because of the problems continuing to get worse within the ESD. The Middle School is now on their 5th principal in 5 years. Students have been bullied by both other students and by teachers. My child came home upset one day when one of their teachers told another child who disagreed with their grade to "take the grade, stuff it down your throat, and choke on it." This teacher would tell the class when a student did not show all work on a test and then ask what grade the student should receive. The teacher encouraged the class to chant "give 'em an F". When these examples and others were escalated to the principal, nothing was done. When it was taken to the superintendent, there was silence. When it was taken to the district school board, we were told this was not a board issue. Finally the superintendent met with us but the teacher is still employed. For my other student, the school completely ignored the 504 education plan with one teacher stating she did not need to follow it. WHO is in charge of the best interests of the students who are entrusted to Elizabeth School District?

Posted September 21, 2013
My student is fairly new to the school, and upon transfering, was warmly welcomed by the other students. It's a relief to hear that most of the kids are kind and thoughtful to one another, especially during these turbulant years of middle school. The teachers seem to really care what and how my student is learning, and encourage correspondence between parents and teachers. I am concerned that the curriculum is not challenging enough sometimes. Study Hall allows students to organize their time and get homework done, so homework is more sparse than expected. The new Principal this year is experienced in the district, and shows leadership, organization, and presence in the school.

Posted January 30, 2010
The 6th grade teachers are supportive and kind. I just think some students don't like the teachers because they're used to the elementary school teachers holding their hands k-5 and don't like having to work on their own.

Elizabeth Middle School 2

Posted November 04, 2009

Elizabeth Middle School 2

Posted September 27, 2009

Posted May 06, 2009
Some teachers are just awful, there are very few that even close to being good.

Posted August 29, 2008
My sons 2nd year . He seems to be doing well . I dont have any complaints more good than bad to say. I came from Ca and the schools there were just ok even the beach area of southern Ca! I feel this school is better than the school he would have attended in Ca. The only thing I would say is more help for subjects when kids dont understand the material.

Elizabeth Middle School 0

Posted June 25, 2008
My daughter is qualified as gifted and talented by the state of Colorado and was in both the advanced math and language arts classes. Every day she would come home and tell me that all they did in language arts is have the teacher read a book out loud to them. They did not learn or practice any writing skills in this class. They also read the same book as the normal classes and learned the same skills. I was told by the teacher personally that the only difference between the classes is that she grades harder. This year my daughters MAP score actually went down.

Posted March 07, 2008
I do believe that this school is probably one of the worst Middle Schools, I have ever come across. The social prejudice is ridiculous as a parent of two, I have never seen them so miderable. The method of punishment is ridiculous, the standards are non existant. Those are hardly the start of the problems.

Elizabeth Middle School
34427 County Rd 13, Elizabeth, CO  80107
Last modified Elizabeth Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Elizabeth Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top