Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted June 12, 2016
We have had a great experience at this school. The staff is attentive, kind, and work really hard with my kids. The office staff is amazing as well.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted February 27, 2016
So many people. Thanks to Mrs. Klein for encouraging my daughter and being patient. Thanks to Mr. Martinez for really pushing my son past his comfort zone. Thanks to Mrs. Krueger for being kind and making our school better. Thanks to Paula and the office staff for being amazing. :)

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted February 27, 2016
It's just enough for my kindergartner but not enough for my first grader. Mostly a personality difference....

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted February 27, 2016
I'm not sure how a school can develop "grit"---kind of a weird question! My kids are taught to try and try again and not to be discouraged.

Develops respect: Agree

Posted February 27, 2016
My son's teacher is very good about teaching respect for others in class, others in school, and other teachers!

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted February 27, 2016
Both of my children have had exposure to a range of special-needs kids and have been taught to be kind to everyone around them.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted February 27, 2016
They spend a fair amount of time talking about building other people up--"bucket filling" and being kind to others.

Posted February 27, 2016
We initially went to a Parker Elementary school, out of our district. It was good but not great. We didn't know anyone from that school and were really missing a sense of community. We chose to send both our kids (K and 1st) to RCE this year and I'm so happy! Paula in the front office is amazing--she remembered my name and my kids names after a year; the office staff and the teachers are really kind, friendly, real, and personable. We were worried our son wouldn't be challenged but he is--his teacher watches to make sure he has what he needs at his level. Our Kindergartner is doing addition and writing. Lastly--it seems like so many parents are involved and it's easy to get involved yourself, even for an hour a week. It's easy to make friends with the parents and really feel like part of the community. This is a small-town school and I just love it to pieces. :)

Posted April 13, 2014
Great school, friendly parents, friendly teachers, great atmosphere. Small class sizes and built in tutoring if a child falls behind. It's great.

Running Creek Elementary School 1

Posted December 17, 2013
Today I rate a low score because my kindergardener has been out of class going on 3 weeks now..due to a bullying classmate threatening to being a knife to school and chop up the teacher. Apparently I am not allowed to get reassuring the normal way..to know if the parents were ever called, bag checked, punishment, etc...picketing is in my future.

900 South Elbert Street, Elizabeth, CO  80107
Last modified Running Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.