Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

We have had a great experience at this school. The staff is attentive, kind, and work really hard with my kids. The office staff is amazing as well.

Amount of homework: Disagree

It's just enough for my kindergartner but not enough for my first grader. Mostly a personality difference....

Develops character: Agree

They spend a fair amount of time talking about building other people up--"bucket filling" and being kind to others.

We initially went to a Parker Elementary school, out of our district. It was good but not great. We didn't know anyone from that school and were really missing a sense of community. We chose to send both our kids (K and 1st) to RCE this year and I'm so happy! Paula in the front office is amazing--she remembered my name and my kids names after a year; the office staff and the teachers are really kind, friendly, real, and personable. We were worried our son wouldn't be challenged but he is--his teacher watches to make sure he has what he needs at his level. Our Kindergartner is doing addition and writing. Lastly--it seems like so many parents are involved and it's easy to get involved yourself, even for an hour a week. It's easy to make friends with the parents and really feel like part of the community. This is a small-town school and I just love it to pieces. :)

Great school, friendly parents, friendly teachers, great atmosphere. Small class sizes and built in tutoring if a child falls behind. It's great.

Today I rate a low score because my kindergardener has been out of class going on 3 weeks now..due to a bullying classmate threatening to being a knife to school and chop up the teacher. Apparently I am not allowed to get reassuring the normal way..to know if the parents were ever called, bag checked, punishment, etc...picketing is in my future.

Running Creek Elementary is a great school for staff and students. All staff make kids their number one priority to thrive and be the best they can be.

Running Creek is a great school with students as the priority! The staff is knowledge, passionate, caring and dedicated. The parents are energetic and fun to work with. Our school could do so much with extra money, resources (books, school supplies, curriculum), we could also improve playground needs add to our milage club and add to our zero budget PBIS learning. Our students deserve the best because they are hard working and enthusiasts about learning. I love their smiles daily. These students are our future.

Great school. Teachers are great. Communication is very good this year. My kid loves Mrs. U.

Teachers were great. Communication was poor. District leadership is hopeless. I was concerned with the level of CSAP prepping they do...a lot of time spent on coaching kids on the test. Everyday Math is a joke and set my daughter back two years. This system is trendy and new but fails the student; however, it helps students score well on CSAP and that is all this school cares about. My daughters miss their teachers but we do not miss the district. Our girls now go to Douglas County.

Last modified Running Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.