Posted April 13, 2014
Great school, friendly parents, friendly teachers, great atmosphere. Small class sizes and built in tutoring if a child falls behind. It's great.

Posted August 05, 2013
Running Creek Elementary is a great school for staff and students. All staff make kids their number one priority to thrive and be the best they can be.

Posted August 03, 2013
Running Creek is a great school with students as the priority! The staff is knowledge, passionate, caring and dedicated. The parents are energetic and fun to work with. Our school could do so much with extra money, resources (books, school supplies, curriculum), we could also improve playground needs add to our milage club and add to our zero budget PBIS learning. Our students deserve the best because they are hard working and enthusiasts about learning. I love their smiles daily. These students are our future.

Posted December 28, 2012
Great school. Teachers are great. Communication is very good this year. My kid loves Mrs. U.

Running Creek Elementary School 3

Posted November 12, 2012
Teachers were great. Communication was poor. District leadership is hopeless. I was concerned with the level of CSAP prepping they do...a lot of time spent on coaching kids on the test. Everyday Math is a joke and set my daughter back two years. This system is trendy and new but fails the student; however, it helps students score well on CSAP and that is all this school cares about. My daughters miss their teachers but we do not miss the district. Our girls now go to Douglas County.

Posted October 10, 2011
RCE is a great school. I have had children in this school for many years, in fact I am starting my 14th year. I have had kids in both the reading program and I currently have my son in the gifted math program. I can not see how a reading program can be any better than the program at RCE. The teachers involved in the program truly have a passion for reading and they instill that passion in the kids they teach. In all my time at the school, I have always made sure to volunteer and be close to my kids progress which is highly encouraged. I honestly have to say my kids have scored an outstanding teacher each year that goes bye. As far as the principal, Mr. Wilson is very involved with the students in his building. When a principle is able to name the children as they pass him, I find that nothing but impressive and a sign of involvement. The parent involvement does not compare to any other school I have been in a discussion about. When talking involvement with my friends that have children in districts around the state they are always shocked when I tell them the number of parents on field trips as well as participating in class activities.

Running Creek Elementary School 3

Posted September 04, 2011
Communication is weak. Principal says communication is going to be better this year and RCE will use the web more, yet his Principal Page letter is from last school year. Doesn't practice what he preaches. Enrollment is rapidly declining yet nothing is being done to stop it. It's too bad because there are some really good teachers here.

Posted June 09, 2011
I have had two children go k-5th and one child still attending RCE. My experience with the teachers, special education department, and the administration have been nothing but exceptional. The teachers are dedicated and make great efforts at meeting all of their students needs. The administration is dedicated to making RCE the best place for children. The principal is not only a fixture in the school, but the community as well. RCE is a supportive, safe, and caring community!

Posted November 17, 2009
I' ve been to many other elementary schools across the area and I think it is an incredble school. One big change is bullying: this school doesn't tolerate any!

Running Creek Elementary School 4

Posted July 30, 2008
Our children are thriving. Modern academics are offered. Help for kids that need it is available, as well as a great gifted and talented program. I am impressed with the positive attitude in the hallways.

Running Creek Elementary School
900 South Elbert St, Elizabeth, CO  80107
Last modified Running Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Running Creek Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top