Public charter
Elizabeth, CO

Posted June 22, 2014
I am shocked and saddened by some of the reviews on Legacy Academy. My children have been attending there since kindergarten and have had an incredibly positive experience! Legacy fosters a love for learning, while challenging students to reach their potential! The teachers have been wonderful at every grade level and we couldn't be happier with Legacy as a whole.

Posted June 22, 2014
this is truly an incredible learning environment! Both the administration and teachers continually show that they want only the very best for their students. This is a school of integrity, honesty, and openness. The administration shows continual seeking for the very best ways of handling accountability, curriculum, discipline, and encouragement for students to be people of honesty, integrity, and hard work. If you are currently making a decision of where to send your children for school, I highly encourage you to visit Legacy Academy.

Legacy Academy 1

Posted June 17, 2014
Legacy scored a D on Colorado School Grades and an F for academic growth. The last 2 Principles failed Legacy, the community and Elizabeth. The school lost it's Core Knowledge Curriculum and now offers Common Core. The Douglas County School District opted out because Common Core is so bad. The administration bullies the students and as mentioned in other post, there is a lot of favoritism going on. Many parents work at the school and their kids are treated much better than the others!!! My child became very behind because of this school and the changes it made over the last few years. This school is a big disappointment, along with the administration and would get an F in my book

Posted June 06, 2014
I Love our school, my daughter was not thriving in the neighboring county. She now wants to go to school and is doing awesome. Parents can look on the Parent Portal to see current homework, missing work, and grades. Children are respected and encouraged.

Legacy Academy 1

Posted June 03, 2014
As a former student of Legacy Academy, I would like to inform the parents and staff about some of the things going on there that it seems the adults are not aware of. I think that, for the elementary students, some of the curriculum they are being taught is either too advanced or exactly the opposite of that. In fact, providing the iPads for the students seems to have made the school go completely downhill. Before there were iPads, the school was teaching well and it was an enjoyable atmosphere. Now, it's rather dreary and none of the children are learning. Furthermore, the middle school is a complete wreck. The teachers show extreme favouritism, and the students are taught to be homophobic, transphobic, and overall discriminatory. There are horrible bullying problems, and the language is bad. There is also NO HEALTH CLASS provided for the middle school students. They will enter high school completely clueless about quite a few aspects of the human body. I would absolutely not recommend sending your children there, ESPECIALLY if they are or are going to be a middle school student.

Posted April 21, 2014
My children have been at Legacy for the past two years. They are so excited about the technology aspect of the school, they like having an iPad as a tool to learn. As a parent when I first walked in the school I was amazed at the positive attitude and smiles all over the building. I have taught in different schools and I have never felt such a caring atmosphere. Our children at Legacy are not just a number among the many hundreds, they are unique little people getting an education, taught with care and love that will prepare them to be the future that we will depend on. My children get up with a smile in the morning, and that smile lasts through all the hands on activities and fun projects they work on during the day. Legacy is our extended family. Our kids feel safe among their peers and feel confident enough to offer their opinion to their teachers who are always open to new and better alternatives. When your children cross the entrance to Legacy, they will find respect, safety, and an education that is given by caring professionals, something that I am truly grateful for. -CW

Posted April 13, 2014
We LOVE this school! They have a small town feel with a technologically advanced leg up... The only ischool in Colorado. All the teachers and staff have been kind and caring to our family. The front office staff makes us feel like we belong there, as they are so pleasant and sweet to us. :0) It's a great place to have our kids.

Legacy Academy 3

Posted April 02, 2014
while no school is without it's problems I have found Legacy to be a nice community school with a small town community feel. Our daughter is doing well in the middle school and when problems have come up I have found the staff ready and willing to help and sometimes even make necessary changes. I have enjoyed my involvement with the parents and staff here and look foreword to 2 more years!

Posted March 11, 2014
Our oldest son is currently in kindergarten at Legacy Academy, and though he hasn't attended any other schools for comparison, I would say that we have had a positive experience. We have been very happy with his teacher - he really likes her, she is great at communicating, we love the updates and photos she shares via her private classroom Facebook page, and she has been great about helping him to grow academically and in giving him opportunities to be challenged appropriately. As for the other staff, they have always been friendly and helpful in our interactions. I also feel the school is very good about communicating different events, and in some cases it almost feels like overkill (they make sure you know if there's a school closure or potential threat of some sort via email, text, and automated voice call ;-D ). Our little guy is a lover of technology, so the iPads are a huge plus for him, and probably his favorite part. We're over halfway through the school year now and have been pleased thus far.

Posted March 02, 2014
I enrolled my children at Legacy Academy because of their teacher dedication, their ability to see that iOS technology is how the world works, the small classroom size, and the curriculum. My children have gone from D+ averages to Honor Roll in less than a year because of Legacy Academy. I would recommend this school to anyone who wants their child to not only learn traditional learning, but technology as well. When my daughter came home and told me every bone in the human body, I was floored. When my other daughter came home showing me a program she created on the computer, I was stunned! This school is wonderful! There is very little if any bullying, always laughter in the hallways, and incredible teachers who enjoy teaching!! Take the time and come see this school. It is a fabulous school that keeps improving year after year after year.

Legacy Academy
1975 Legacy Circle, Elizabeth, CO  80107
Last modified Legacy Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Legacy Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 47 reviews. Top