Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

The teachers go out of their way to not only better themselves, but to provide more opportunities for their student body.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The level of integrity, dedication, and hard work poured into the quality of the education here is incredible. What an amazing environment full of opportunities.

I am shocked and saddened by some of the reviews on Legacy Academy. My children have been attending there since kindergarten and have had an incredibly positive experience! Legacy fosters a love for learning, while challenging students to reach their potential! The teachers have been wonderful at every grade level and we couldn't be happier with Legacy as a whole.

this is truly an incredible learning environment! Both the administration and teachers continually show that they want only the very best for their students. This is a school of integrity, honesty, and openness. The administration shows continual seeking for the very best ways of handling accountability, curriculum, discipline, and encouragement for students to be people of honesty, integrity, and hard work. If you are currently making a decision of where to send your children for school, I highly encourage you to visit Legacy Academy.

Legacy scored a D on Colorado School Grades and an F for academic growth. The last 2 Principles failed Legacy, the community and Elizabeth. The school lost it's Core Knowledge Curriculum and now offers Common Core. The Douglas County School District opted out because Common Core is so bad. The administration bullies the students and as mentioned in other post, there is a lot of favoritism going on. Many parents work at the school and their kids are treated much better than the others!!! My child became very behind because of this school and the changes it made over the last few years. This school is a big disappointment, along with the administration and would get an F in my book

I Love our school, my daughter was not thriving in the neighboring county. She now wants to go to school and is doing awesome. Parents can look on the Parent Portal to see current homework, missing work, and grades. Children are respected and encouraged.

As a former student of Legacy Academy, I would like to inform the parents and staff about some of the things going on there that it seems the adults are not aware of. I think that, for the elementary students, some of the curriculum they are being taught is either too advanced or exactly the opposite of that. In fact, providing the iPads for the students seems to have made the school go completely downhill. Before there were iPads, the school was teaching well and it was an enjoyable atmosphere. Now, it's rather dreary and none of the children are learning. Furthermore, the middle school is a complete wreck. The teachers show extreme favouritism, and the students are taught to be homophobic, transphobic, and overall discriminatory. There are horrible bullying problems, and the language is bad. There is also NO HEALTH CLASS provided for the middle school students. They will enter high school completely clueless about quite a few aspects of the human body. I would absolutely not recommend sending your children there, ESPECIALLY if they are or are going to be a middle school student.

My children have been at Legacy for the past two years. They are so excited about the technology aspect of the school, they like having an iPad as a tool to learn. As a parent when I first walked in the school I was amazed at the positive attitude and smiles all over the building. I have taught in different schools and I have never felt such a caring atmosphere. Our children at Legacy are not just a number among the many hundreds, they are unique little people getting an education, taught with care and love that will prepare them to be the future that we will depend on. My children get up with a smile in the morning, and that smile lasts through all the hands on activities and fun projects they work on during the day. Legacy is our extended family. Our kids feel safe among their peers and feel confident enough to offer their opinion to their teachers who are always open to new and better alternatives. When your children cross the entrance to Legacy, they will find respect, safety, and an education that is given by caring professionals, something that I am truly grateful for. -CW

We LOVE this school! They have a small town feel with a technologically advanced leg up... The only ischool in Colorado. All the teachers and staff have been kind and caring to our family. The front office staff makes us feel like we belong there, as they are so pleasant and sweet to us. :0) It's a great place to have our kids.

while no school is without it's problems I have found Legacy to be a nice community school with a small town community feel. Our daughter is doing well in the middle school and when problems have come up I have found the staff ready and willing to help and sometimes even make necessary changes. I have enjoyed my involvement with the parents and staff here and look foreword to 2 more years!

Last modified Legacy Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.