Posted May 29, 2013
We moved here from Texas in 2006 and my kids have loved this school more than anything. We have met some great teachers, parents, and kids here. There is nothing like a nice country school. My teenager would fight us all the time about getting up and going to school in Texas, but since we came here he's up before anyone. I also am glad that I don't have to worry about "teen problems" here like at most schools. Mostly everyone knows everyone, and were all like family. Plus you can't beat the 3 day weekends... every weekend!!!

Ellicott Elementary School 1

Posted May 17, 2013
Not even sure where to start! The principal is a joke, he doesn't care about the students, the staff in his building or the concerns of the parents. He is rarely ever around and I have heard him be condecending to the staff and belittle parents infront of students. When these issues are brought to the superintendent, he just screams and throws a fit like a middle school bully. I was standing in the Elementary behind the superintendent who was talking to the janators and he was swearing very loudly...IN THE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL during school hours!! I had hoped that the school board would not keep either of the new admin mentioned above because SEVERAL people have complained, I was very disappointed that choose to keep two men (super intendent and elementary principal) who are not only tearing down our schools but who have been fired from previous districts for serious issues. The last school the prinicipal worked at is worse off than Ellicott was when he took it over. Yes the reading scores went up slightly...this is a testiment to the staff not the new admin. Pulled all of our children from this school and district! Not a healthy enviroment, my suggestion would be, RUN! Run fast!

Posted April 06, 2013
Ellicott Elementary is a great school. I think the whole Ellicott school system is great. I have a special needs child and from day one every person I talked to was kind, professional, informative, and timely in returning my calls or getting back to me with answers to questions I had. They are a small district and because of that the teachers and staff know my children and I like that. I do find the teachers are no non-sense but they are also kind and that I also like. My children have thrived socially and academically since they started at Ellicott.

Ellicott Elementary School 2

Posted January 31, 2013
Unfortunately, the school has a lot of work to do to get better. There was a child injured recently, one left on the bus (a preschooler), and the grades are the lowest in the state. Good changes seem to be happening if some of the old timers would get out of the way and the teachers would embrace change.

Posted January 30, 2013
I am so happy with Ellicott! My kids have been in this school since preschool and I am so happy with the education they have received. I volunteer at the school and I am able to get an "inside" view of the way the teachers interact with the children.

Ellicott Elementary School 4

Posted July 22, 2009
My child has done very well with the learning techniques that Ellicott Elementary has followed in the corriculim. We are very happy with this district!!

Posted April 27, 2009
We recently moved here from Texas and my 1st grader and 5th grader were significantly behind after being A-B students all year in Texas. They were able to catch up with the help of their teachers. I am very pleased knowing my children have been able to advance here in such a short time. I love the entire staff, this school is very small and takes time to know your child. very happy!!!

Ellicott Elementary School 3

Posted April 24, 2007

Ellicott Elementary School 2

Posted January 12, 2005
My son is a A-B average student who works hard and is generally well behaved; yet he has still found himself in classes where the teachers seem to have problems either with their own skills or in their knowledge of their job, personal or otherwise, in controlling their temper and dealing with the kids in a positive manner. For two years in a row my son has received teachers that are typically in a bad mood and irritable with the kids. They need to get teachers who know how to do their jobs, on all levels. I know teaching nowadays is a challenge to say the least, but temper tantrums thrown by the teachers solves little. Coaches seem to be included.

Ellicott Elementary School
399 South Ellicott Hwy, Ellicott, CO  80808
Last modified Ellicott Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ellicott Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top