Englewood, CO

All Souls School 4

Posted February 17, 2015
I have read all of these school reviews from and want to express that the back and forth regarding a change in leadership is a bit frustrating, as many of the comments ignore what cannot be taken away, i.e. our community as a school and parish. Clearly opinions are opinions, and they should be expressed but this site does not seem that it should be the place for such exchanges. What my husband and I have observed in the last four years at this school is overall a wonderful group of caring staff and students, as well as equal opportunities for collaboration and parent involvement on all levels. No matter what the instruction style or overall approach that the leadership and individual teachers implement, our two children have had a quality education, and they come home feeling supported and challenged every day. No school or person is perfect, but it is quite evident to me that our teachers here do their best each day to nurture our children. Thank you for considering All Souls. Please come and take a look!
9 people found this helpful

Posted February 13, 2015
Our family has been a part of the All Souls community for years. In the past, I would have given it the highest rating possible for the strong sense of community, faith, and education they have provided to our 3 children. This year has brought new leadership which has, rather unfortunately, shifted the entire feel of the school. The new principal has attempted to turn the school away from all the things that have made it a wonderful place for our children to learn. The teachers, who all have a tremendous amount of strengths, have been forced to teach like educators in a public school setting, thus limiting their talents and abilities. Many of the new teaching techniques follow Common Core curriculum and Common Core best practices and are the reason we moved our children away from the public school system. It appears that the teachers are holding on and trying to retain the sense of community love, but without the administration buying into the school strengths, I worry about the future of our school. I pray nightly that a solution will find itself and All Souls will return to the place we know it can be.
2 people found this helpful

Posted February 13, 2015
I completely disagree with the last post. Our children have also attended All Souls for several years. The new principal is moving the school forward in a positive direction. The community is very strong, and our children are excelling more this year than they ever have before. The new principal is spending more time on teacher development and holding the teachers accountable for what they are teaching. I feel that the education and faith formation our children are receiving this school year is even better than in the past. Our school is not becoming a Core Curriculum school, and follows the same curriculum as all of the other Catholic schools in the Archdiocese of Denver. As stated on the Archdiocese's website, "The Office of Catholic Schools provides courses of study/curriculum guides for mandatory use in all Archdiocesan and Parish Catholic schools." All Souls is a loving, nurturing community, where the children grow academically and spiritually. We are so happy for the future of All Souls, and we are very pleased with the education our children are receiving!
5 people found this helpful

Posted February 09, 2015
We are very happy with this school. ALL STAFF is supportive of the children and go above and beyond to help all students. The new principal is leading the school in the right direction. She is approachable and always willing to listen to any concerns.
4 people found this helpful

Posted February 06, 2015
My family has had a wonderful experience at All Souls. Our kids have attended All Souls for several years and are thriving academically, socially and spiritually. All Souls has a very strong, loving community of students, parents, staff and parish. This school year we have been blessed with a wonderful new principal who is moving our school in a very positive direction. We are extremely pleased with the positive changes she is making. She is improving the curriculum, spending quality time on classroom observation and teacher development, growing our school technologically, and is fully committed to making All Souls the best school it can be for every student. We could not be happier for the future of All Souls. We are confident our children are receiving a high quality, well-rounded education, and when they graduate from All Souls they will have all the tools necessary to succeed!
7 people found this helpful

All Souls School 1

Posted January 17, 2015
After speaking with the former principal, I whole-heartily signed up my child. The week before school started, I found out there was a new principal. So far, things have gone straight downhill. My child is a special needs child who was not accomodated for during the 1st month of school. My child also experienced 6 Fs in the first trimester. After several meetings with the school, they are starting to work more with my child. I certainly do not appreciate the 5-8 e-mails I receive a day (all not pertaining to my child). No longer do teachers and support staff communicate other than by mass e-mails. I do feel the teachers are just doling out work and not teaching. My child has about 3 - 4 hours of homework per night and never seems to have any idea how to do it. I end up teaching the homework and still my child fails. Much cheaper to homeschool a child if the parent needs to teach every night. This school year has been the most stressful for both myself and child. What a huge disappointment that I put my child here.
2 people found this helpful

Posted January 02, 2015
I completely disagree with the last few reviews, although I am sure it highly depends on the year of your child and their teacher. The prior principal was an extremely loving individual who opened the school to children of all learning abilities and challenges as any Catholic school should. However there were many, many issues that were not addressed during the end of his time there; teacher accountability, lack of technology in the school and not focusing on science and math that left several students ill prepared for high school in those areas. The first act of the new principal was to survey the staff and the parents asking, why we were at All Souls and what needed to be fixed. At new parents night she presented a detailed plan to resolve these issues and is diligently working towards this. This is her first year there and was supposed to run this year as left by the previous principal, she is not going to come in and make drastic changes during her first year. She is focused on results and I am very confident that her efforts will result in a higher quality education and stronger religious formation for the students. We could not be happier with her.
5 people found this helpful

Posted December 03, 2014
Same here, very disappointed with this school and the principal. I would not recommend All Souls to anyone, although I pray for them that they will find the necessary leadership and will be successful.

All Souls School 1

Posted December 02, 2014
I totally agree with with the last reviewer. I had high hopes for the new principal, but she is focused on supporting the teachers that are not engaged in teaching our children and not open to making this school a better place. The school scores are poor compared with other Catholic schools in our area. We will be going elsewhere in the coming year.

Posted November 10, 2014
We moved our children from public school because we wanted a traditional education - a tried and true core curriculum with high standards and an orderly, disciplined environment. Unfortunately, the new principal is moving in the opposite direction. Also, there are a few wealthy families who seem to control the school, and the Parent Association has more influence than the teachers with respect to academics and curriculum. Save your money - go to public school and put your child in religious education if that is important to you.

All Souls School