Englewood, CO

Kent Denver School 3

Posted December 05, 2014
It is like a smaller, less successful, and more pretentious version of Creek. I don't quite understand why people send their kids there - I spent a few months in that place and grew to hate it. Anyways I got my parents to switch me and have never been happier at CCHS. Why pay for a private education when some of the best public high schools are across I-25 for free?

Kent Denver School 4

Posted June 13, 2014
Kent Denver School is one of the best schools in the Denver area. The class size is small, the teachers are focused and attentive, and they do a great job preparing for college. Post my time there, I would estimate I was a full year ahead of the majority of my classmates at the University level. Extracurricular activities are top notch - the school has a primary focus on athletics. One note I would caution is that socially, it can be difficult if sports are not a main focus. In addition, starting in middle school and continuing through high school is much easier socially that starting in high school - especially for out of state newcomers.

Posted May 16, 2014
I am a current student at Kent Denver and I found a school that is second-to-none. In Academics, Sports, Social Life and in Community Standards Kent is high above any other school and represents a unique and diverse community of free thinkers and lovers of learning. Everything from the teachers and their willingness to tutor, encourage and support students in every aspect of their lives, both in and out of the classroom, to the small class sizes and championship winning sports teams Kent is head and shoulders above the rest. Coming to Kent Denver was one of the best decisions of my entire life and the experiences I have had here are some of the best I've ever had!

Posted October 07, 2012
KDS not only provides excellent academic preparation but they also provide excellent life preparation w/ their core values. I have a graduate & a current student. Each have their own unique talents, & abilities & KDS provides wonderful opportunities & support . They have unsurpassed college counseling that really allows for the individuality of the child. My grad is attending the U of Chicago which is known to be a highly selective and academic school and feels she was well prepared by KDS to work at that level. My children have explored many outstanding opportunities like the fabulous art and drama departments, athletics, speech and debate and clubs. As a parent I feel equally lucky to be a part of this community. The parent education programs provided by the parent assoc are of the highest quality. I have grown as person as well as a parent through these opportunities. I have made life long friends with other parents here and feel the atmosphere is more of a family If you are looking for a school that provides rigorous academics, phenomenal extracurricular activities while ensuring the growth of the whole child through the core values, then this is the school for you!

Posted January 10, 2012
I am also a student at kent denver and it has been amazing. The teachers always make sure that everybody know the material and I completely disagree with anybody who doesn't think that Kent Denver a great school. This school has challenging academic programs and great school leadership.

Kent Denver School 4

Posted August 06, 2011
Kent is an excellent school where students won't be allowed to be unsuccessful. The teachers know each student very well because of the small size, and there is the feeling of being in one of the most beautiful locations around. The academics are rigorous, and the students are challenged to be well rounded in their studies, fine arts, and sports. The few negative things I can say are regarding the lack of diversity within the school; they have a very large endowment and could definitely do a better job of having a more diverse group of students. The financial commitment of a Kent education shouldn't be taken lightly by any means. The athletics program is very strong in the larger sports (i.e. lacrosse, football, etc) but lacking in things like cross country. Lastly, it would a welcome and appreciated change to see the girls' sports locker rooms/showers upgraded so they are at least somewhat close to that of the boys' quality.

Posted December 04, 2010
I am a recent graduate of Kent and would highly recommend it. The academics were excellent, and I found that my intellectual capability excelled tremendously in high school (I graduated cum laude and a national merit scholar). I believe much of this is due to the small classes and the close relationships students can develop with their teachers. Furthermore, my grade certainly had no physical bullying and I can't even remember an incident of psychological bullying. I am always shocked when I hear people from other high schools talk about the "mean girls" at their school, as I never witnessed anything like that (and that's not because I was in the "popular" group). While I am white, I had many friends ethnically and socio-economically diverse friends, and I never felt the need to have an expensive car or clothes, unlike many people I know at public high schools.

Posted April 05, 2010
I am a current student @ Kent and am thrilled with it. I totally disagree with the last entry. Kent is a great school with great values. The teachers go out of thier way to help you and are very friendly. If you want your child to have great academics and go to school in a great enviornment this is the school for you.

Kent Denver School 0

Posted March 16, 2010
I was a student and it was by far the worst experience and worst seven years of my life. To all the other teenagers who do not get rewarded mercedes or BMW's for their 16 th birthday, this is not the school for you. This school has its' morals completely backwards. DO NOT allow your children attend this school unless you want them to be completely misguided in life. Several other students will agree with me.

Kent Denver School 1