6-12|Private

Bad
Good

I am reviewing this school as a prospective parent who attended the school's various open houses, informational meetings, and theatrical productions. I came away feeling that the school was very average in most ways. I was not impressed at all with the academic programming, and in particular, was dismayed as I observed 6th graders try to type notes on their Ipads while at the same time understand the teachers' lessons. It wasn't pretty with the tech in the classroom, a lot of missing the point. The teaching faculty seemed committed and proud of their school, which was great to see, but I came away thinking that the school had a "discovery" educational platform rather than having a formal educational program that transferred knowledge from experienced teachers to students. It seemed very loose, a place where children just needed to feel good about themselves rather than obtain the skills needed to succeed in college. I was not impressed at the lack of talent in the vocal performance area; while the students were very much giving it their all, the quality was not there. It's incredible to have a full theater on campus with a fine arts department, but it is wasted without the musical and acting chops to back it up. As for facilities, they are outdated. Outdoor lockers in Colorado from the 70's? I know looks cannot be the basis for judgment but it does beg the question where all the tuition and donations go. Not at all impressed with their matriculation listing either...11 students attending the University of Pacific from one graduation class? This screams of inexperience in the college placement department. After calculating the potential cost of sending our three children to Kent (21 years of tuition =~$600k of after tax income), we determined that the actual return of a Kent education did not justify the expense. I am sure the name brand and bragging rights associated with Kent feel very good to parents who send their children there, but at the end of the day, hopefully those parents are content with that feeling because they may not get much more than that out of it.

I graduated a couple of years ago from Kent. I am now attending an Ivy League University, and I am certain that I would never have ended up where I am without the help of the teachers, deans, and advisors that supported me at Kent. It's the best high school in the state--it has challenging academics, great extracurriculars, supportive staff that loves their job, an impressive endowment, etc.

What I love about Kent is that it is filled with determined and eager people who don t want to accept good enough or average. This has made me a more complete student, player and person because when I succeed or fail, I know that I can do better the next time. What makes Kent Denver a unique place is that teachers are invested in the outcome of their students and genuinely care about kids learning new material that they can use later on in life. The availability of teachers every day during office hours and the openness that teachers display when asked via email if they can meet before or after school is something that sets Kent Denver apart from the rest. When determined and compassionate students work with caring and educated teachers, the outcome is extraordinary. What I have learned from Kent Denver is that even when you are feeling depressed about a weak Math test or a girl who was asked by someone else to a dance, it is the response you have that truly reveals your character. Through successes, failures and hardships, I have learned that my friends, teachers and family all will be there for me. And the thing that brings them all together is Kent Denver.

It is like a smaller, less successful, and more pretentious version of Creek. I don't quite understand why people send their kids there - I spent a few months in that place and grew to hate it. Anyways I got my parents to switch me and have never been happier at CCHS. Why pay for a private education when some of the best public high schools are across I-25 for free?

Kent Denver School is one of the best schools in the Denver area. The class size is small, the teachers are focused and attentive, and they do a great job preparing for college. Post my time there, I would estimate I was a full year ahead of the majority of my classmates at the University level. Extracurricular activities are top notch - the school has a primary focus on athletics. One note I would caution is that socially, it can be difficult if sports are not a main focus. In addition, starting in middle school and continuing through high school is much easier socially that starting in high school - especially for out of state newcomers.

I am a current student at Kent Denver and I found a school that is second-to-none. In Academics, Sports, Social Life and in Community Standards Kent is high above any other school and represents a unique and diverse community of free thinkers and lovers of learning. Everything from the teachers and their willingness to tutor, encourage and support students in every aspect of their lives, both in and out of the classroom, to the small class sizes and championship winning sports teams Kent is head and shoulders above the rest. Coming to Kent Denver was one of the best decisions of my entire life and the experiences I have had here are some of the best I've ever had!

KDS not only provides excellent academic preparation but they also provide excellent life preparation w/ their core values. I have a graduate & a current student. Each have their own unique talents, & abilities & KDS provides wonderful opportunities & support . They have unsurpassed college counseling that really allows for the individuality of the child. My grad is attending the U of Chicago which is known to be a highly selective and academic school and feels she was well prepared by KDS to work at that level. My children have explored many outstanding opportunities like the fabulous art and drama departments, athletics, speech and debate and clubs. As a parent I feel equally lucky to be a part of this community. The parent education programs provided by the parent assoc are of the highest quality. I have grown as person as well as a parent through these opportunities. I have made life long friends with other parents here and feel the atmosphere is more of a family If you are looking for a school that provides rigorous academics, phenomenal extracurricular activities while ensuring the growth of the whole child through the core values, then this is the school for you!

I am also a student at kent denver and it has been amazing. The teachers always make sure that everybody know the material and I completely disagree with anybody who doesn't think that Kent Denver a great school. This school has challenging academic programs and great school leadership.

Kent is an excellent school where students won't be allowed to be unsuccessful. The teachers know each student very well because of the small size, and there is the feeling of being in one of the most beautiful locations around. The academics are rigorous, and the students are challenged to be well rounded in their studies, fine arts, and sports. The few negative things I can say are regarding the lack of diversity within the school; they have a very large endowment and could definitely do a better job of having a more diverse group of students. The financial commitment of a Kent education shouldn't be taken lightly by any means. The athletics program is very strong in the larger sports (i.e. lacrosse, football, etc) but lacking in things like cross country. Lastly, it would a welcome and appreciated change to see the girls' sports locker rooms/showers upgraded so they are at least somewhat close to that of the boys' quality.

I am a recent graduate of Kent and would highly recommend it. The academics were excellent, and I found that my intellectual capability excelled tremendously in high school (I graduated cum laude and a national merit scholar). I believe much of this is due to the small classes and the close relationships students can develop with their teachers. Furthermore, my grade certainly had no physical bullying and I can't even remember an incident of psychological bullying. I am always shocked when I hear people from other high schools talk about the "mean girls" at their school, as I never witnessed anything like that (and that's not because I was in the "popular" group). While I am white, I had many friends ethnically and socio-economically diverse friends, and I never felt the need to have an expensive car or clothes, unlike many people I know at public high schools.

Last modified Kent Denver School is a Private school that serves grades 6-12