6, 8-12
Englewood, CO
After care: No

Posted April 02, 2014
Great school for kids with special needs. My son just never was able to make it in the public .He is thriving and thinking about college now,that would have never happened with Humanex I am very thankful we found them!

Posted May 10, 2013
I am so happy that we found Humanex Academy. Our son is very smart but was unable to sit still and produce quality work. His primary school teachers each found a way to work with him. However, once he started middle school and had to deal with 7 different teachers he was lost. Humanex is the perfect place for him. We are on day 6 and our son feels both supported and challenged. I will write again once he has been there for a few months.

Humanex Academy 4

Posted February 23, 2013
The teachers are great, the program is great, but the bullying needs to ne under control. There was so much bullying at that school

Posted February 08, 2012
My son currently attends this school and I love how they honor WHO my child is, his disability and still expect the best from him. This is a school where my son who has Asperger's, Mood Disorder and Anxiety can be himself, work as fast or slow as he needs, and feel a sense of belonging. On his bad days he always has a choice to work or not. One bad period doesn't ruin his day, he has choices. He is learning more here because the setting is right, the support is there, the knowledge and respect he gets and the comfort level he experiences. A true GEM of a school. I have my hopes and dreams back for my son that were all but given up on by his "home school". If mainstream school ISN'T working for your child, IT WILL WORK HERE.

Posted October 26, 2010
Humanex Academy is a fantastic school. I am a former student and I still visit whenever I can. The class sizes are small, the teachers work individually with students, and it is a fantastic choice for those students who are not your "typical" public school students. Humanex helped me through some of the most challenging parts of my teen years, and without the amazing staff I do not believe I would have a high school diploma, nor would I have gone on to college and have a college degree. My brother also recently graduated from Humanex - the staff has helped my family more than they will ever know. Humanex cares about the actual students and their success, and any family looking for an excellent alternative school for their child should consider Humanex.

Posted July 02, 2008
It can be difficult to know what your child is capable of, then to have their school and teachers tell you that they deserve nothing more than a D or F. Humanex Academy connects with your child and finds out the best way that they learn, and teach them based on that. The teachers are incredible and very involved in the student's education. The administrators are extremely supportive, and they use a Love & Logic approach (I had not heard of this before, buy a book, it can do amazing things if you power struggle with your child). They offer tours and students to shadow before enrollment decisions, and their tuition is less than Denver Academy, and they offer so much more.

Posted April 08, 2008
Our son's learning style did not work in the public school. Humanex Academy was a great match for him.

Posted May 30, 2006
Without Humanex Academy my daughter would never have graduated from high school. They stuck with her through thick and thin even when she was at her most challenging. Now that she has graduated she still stops by occasionally to ask for support in job hunting or college scholarships. It doesn't matter that there is a new principal--he takes just as much interest in helping her as the former principal. They don't succeed with every student, but they will give each one every opportunity and support to make the choices that will lead to a diploma and a future.

Humanex Academy

Posted March 01, 2006
I just heard about this school from a social worker. I have one son with mild autism and one with ADHD. He said this school as great with only 7:1 ratio and lots of different ways for kids to learn, not just auditorily. They focus on the individual learning style of the child.

Posted April 20, 2004
Finally, teachers that can relate and communicate on a level my son understands. Even though he was in special-ed with the public schools his whole life, they were failing him in more than grades. They only know one way to teach children. Humanex Academy stepped in and found what made my son tick. He went from D's and F's in public school to A's & B's. The teachers and staff at Humanex are the most caring and giving that I have ever run across. The class sizes are incredibly small for one on one help. Within months my son starting turning things around. It's the most exciting thing to see happen in front of your very eyes. My son has confidence in himself for the first time. Thank you Humanex!

Humanex Academy