Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

This school used to be wonderful. Small class sizes, a tight knit group of teachers that meshed really well with the kids, and lots of hands on interactive earning is what made it great. However, after 2 of the founding teachers retired, things have not gone well. Even though the school is small, teachers no longer take the time for more one on one interactions, and students who are struggling get little help. Many students choose to leave before they are kicked out, mostly because ELA only teaches one way. There is no differentiation that I can see. This school is perfect if your child is a high achieving, self-reliant learner. If your child needs anything else, the teachers have no idea what to do with them.

Im an eigth grade student, and over the years Englewood Leadership Academy has changed for the worse. The 2013-2014 year was the best I ever had. I did well socially because the school was very small, and academicly because of the class sizes and hands-on learning. However, 2 of the four teachers retired, and things just went downhill from there. First, the student body increased from 70-95 students, which kind of ruined the whole family atmosphere. 2nd, The two new teachers are not good at all. The new language arts teacher is very condescending and instead of the more hands on learning experience we now primarily work on practice standardized tests and common core workbooks. The new science teacher does hands on learning more frequently than the language arts teacher, but still not as much as the old one did. She also expects all of the students to high school work, even though it is a middle school. And, the greatschools rating dropped from a 9 to a 7. In my opinion, it should drop at least to a 4 or 5. ELA was once a great place for kids who wanted an alternative learning. But, Nothing Good Lasts Forever.

This school takes the extra effort to pull out the best in already talented students

Here at Englewood Leadership Academy we have many opportunities. It's absolutely amazing what we can do here! Our block schedule makes life amazingly easier but the homework is a nice boost. The teachers are amazing and so are the students! Everyone here is so nice! With each class, you are not discriminated by your grade. There's the E class, the L class (which I'm currently in, aiming for A class), and the A class. Our Language Arts teacher is amazing and she definitely pushes us! Our Science teacher is the best Science teacher ever! She lets us work with microscopes all of the time. I must say Science is one of my least favorite subjects but she has helped me so much! We have two Math teachers the E class one is (again) amazing! She also teaches Humanities (Social Studies) along with the LA and Science teacher. I love it here!

I am a teacher who has several GT students in my 4/5 class. I recommend that most of my students attend the Leadership Academy because it is small, more one on one,and kids excel which speaks for itself.

Last modified Englewood Leadership Academy is a Public school that serves grades 6-9