PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 30, 2016
Values are a big part of learning at the LS. They have kids learn hands-on what values mean and don't just preach.

Posted May 30, 2016
Our experience at SMA's lower school has exceeded our expectations. There are amazing teachers that encourage a true love of learning and community. They use the Saxon Math program and their reading program resulted in my kids loving and learning to read in their kindergarten year. Most importantly, the sense of community and values match those we hope to nurture in our children. Also surprised to say that I love the streamlined uniform! No peer issues related to clothing and all kids are ready for physical activity every day! Hope the MS offers as great an experience!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted May 30, 2016
All of our teachers have been both loving and very effective at fostering a love of learning in our children. They have even helped me learn when to push and when to simply let our kids learn in their own ways.

St. Mary's Academy 1

Posted May 03, 2016
If I could rate this school zero stars I would. I attended this school from kindergarten till the seventh grade. I was tortured at that school by other kids and the administration did nothing about it. The teachers at the school also did not know how to teach. They taught lattice multiplication, and very quickly I didn't understand. I brought the problem up to my teachers who insisted this is the way I MUST learn multiplication. I went home and by no surprise my parents could not help me and only had one option and that was teach me how to do multiplication the way they were taught as kids. I went in great at multiplication, only to be told that I didn't get taught that way and the way my parents taught me was wrong. I was FINALLY pulled out of that school after 7th grade and put into a nearby public school that I absolutely loved and was pulling a 4.0 GPA. I ended up in the honors program at the end of my 8th grade year. Overall I had a horrible experience at Saint Mary's .

Posted August 28, 2014
St. Mary's Academy is absolutely outstanding. Even before our family welcomed our first child we discovered so many positive attributes about this school from those who either attended or knew of St. Mary's excellent reputation. The teachers, principals, leaders, staff, parents, alumni, and many others affiliated with SMA strive to foster a strong sense of community and caring. They are passionate advocates for realizing students' academic and personal potential. What's more, they stay well informed regarding the lastest instructional techniques, technology, culture trends, and other significant issues that impact educational quality. Our daughter has attended SMA since kindergarten. As she begins high school we are incredibly proud of the young woman she has become and anticipate GREAT things ahead. As with all educational environments, it's critical that parents stay engaged, proactive, and communicate constructively when concerns arise. Our family highly recommends St. Mary's -- celebrating 150 years; the first school to award a diploma in Colorado "Territory"!

Posted August 28, 2014
Truly a "GREAT" school with a robust history and amazing faculty. The caliber of education at St. Mary's Academy is unequaled in Colorado. Though a few parents have expressed concerns, I believe these issues are isolated and rare. St. Mary's is special. It is an inspiring place to learn. The academics are top-notch. Sending our child to St. Mary's was the best decision of our lives.

St. Mary's Academy 1

Posted August 22, 2014
Run, don't walk, away from this lower school. We are spending thousands of dollars on counseling for our son after being severely bullied in the lower school. They could care less that he was traumatized there. Do not be fooled by promises of "happy day". Horrible on so many levels, but especially when considering the damage they've done without blinking an eye.

Posted May 22, 2014
My daughter is in the lower school and it's awesome. She's in the 2nd grade and reads at a 5th-6th Grade Level. She does all kinds of multiplication and beginning division problems. In comparison to her peers at other schools public and private she is further along academically and frankly she is kinder socially. I love the teachers and the Principals and most importantly they love my daughter.

Posted March 11, 2014
I love Saint Mary's Academy lower school! Teachers concentrate not only on what children learn but how children learn. The curriculum entails an integrated approach which emphasizes the active learning process. The process, which encourages cooperative learning, includes problem solving and decision making. Young learners are provided with essential learning skills, cooperative social behavior, appreciation for the arts, good study habits and physical coordination, these are sequentially developed for each grade level. My child wakes up on the weekends wishing that it was school day!

Posted March 11, 2014
We LOVE St. Mary's Academy! Our child has been thriving at this school for 4 years. She is in 3rd grade and reads at a 6th-7th grade level and excels in math as well - all from what is provided at school along with normal reinforcement at home (reading before bed, counting change back, etc.). The teachers go out of their way to present material in creative, hands-on ways which is engaging to the children. They also spend time engaging and challenging each child. Additionally, the classrooms are organized in fun, creative ways which keep the kids moving around and blood flowing to their brains. Our daughter has experienced social struggles but they are normal struggles we would expect her to encounter at any school. From our experience, St. Mary's is keeps a finger on the pulse of education and strives for excellence from every angle. We are extremely happy at St. Mary's and plan to have our youngest child start there in the fall.

4545 South University Boulevard, Englewood, CO  80113