Bad
Good

Our child has been going to Cottonwood for almost 3 years now and we love it. All of the teachers we've had so far are great and the kids all seem to get along really well. The school offers great extracurricular activities before school starts in the morning. I've read some of the older reviews about potential bullying and teachers leaving. We haven't seen any of this happening in our time here, and in fact bullying is something that I'm on alert for. Perhaps this was a problem years ago before the new principal started in 2014? My biggest complaint right now is that there is a lot of homework and that not much of it can be done by the kids alone and requires adult help or supervision. My husband and I both work all day and when we get home we need to make dinner, etc. so asking parents to devote 30 minutes per child per night to homework interferes with family time and increases stress on parents. I said something about the homework to our teacher, who agreed that the homework is on the high side, but she said that's how the Cherry Creek School District is set up.

I was very pleased with Cottonwood Creek Elementary School! We moved from another school district and my daughter was constantly being bullied. It immediately stopped when we moved to Cottonwood Creek. I love how we get updates about school events and all the staff is friendly and helpful. My daughter loved first grade and I am looking forward to my son starting Pre-K this year!

The truth about this school must be divulged to save other children and families from heartache. What was once the premier school in the district is now one of the most dysfunctional. Teachers and families are leaving right and left . Some teachers outright quit without giving notice. It wasn't until I pulled my child out to send them to another school that I had some perspective and could see how toxic Cottonwood really was. The atmosphere was cold and strict with punishment systems starting in 2nd grade. Teachers were apathetic and dismissive to parents and never available. Classroom sizes in the 3-5th grade exceed 30 students.The emphasis on busywork homework and testing is deplorable. Why do 4th grades need 2+ hours of homework a night? Now that I have some perspective, I now see that it was in fact the environment of Cottonwood that caused so many issues both socially and academically. The principal is cold and unresponsive and never returned our requests for help.

We moved to this area based on the reputation of Cottonwood. It is an excellent school academically, but it is not the best fit for everyone. It is great if your child is at the top or bottom academically. Otherwise, your child may slip through the cracks. They require entirely too much homework and projects that are not age appropriate, even during TCAP testing. Socially, there are a lot of cliques even among the parents. Our child was continually bullied and we were told that was only her perception. The principal is very organized but not approachable and never remembers the names of the children. Our children were well prepared for middle school but in retrospect we wish they were in a more caring environment.

I went to cottonwood creek elementary many years ago and so glad to see the school is still receiving good ratings. It was a great school for a girl who just moved from a different country. Since I now live in Australia, I can't continue thr tradition by sending my son there.

I went to this school from grades 3-5 and was in the accelerated learning program. I have been to three different schools and this is by far the best. I have improved so much and the information I learned here helped me greatly in middle school. I highly recommend it.

We moved to Colorado from Massachusetts last year and we have been overwhelmingly pleased with Cottonwood. The quality of education our children are getting is top notch. We are amazed by the number and quality fo the resources at the schoo.

My kids are learning and are happy - they like going every day!

Cottonwood Creek Elementary school rocks!!!!

Last modified Cottonwood Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.