Posted July 22, 2014
I was very pleased with Cottonwood Creek Elementary School! We moved from another school district and my daughter was constantly being bullied. It immediately stopped when we moved to Cottonwood Creek. I love how we get updates about school events and all the staff is friendly and helpful. My daughter loved first grade and I am looking forward to my son starting Pre-K this year!

Posted March 06, 2014
In response to post on January 8, 2014. This uneducated parent claims are completely invalid. A claim that 3-5 grades are at 30+ is invalid. I have a son in 4th grade and this isn't true. I also have friends who have kids in upper grade levels. 3rd grade is at 22 kids, 4th is at 29, and 5th is at 30. This doesn't though take into account that all three grade levels have an interventionist who teach the core subjects of math and language arts bringing the numbers down to below 25 in fourth and fifth. My son who is in fourth grade has the expectation of reading for 20 minutes a night, math homework that takes him 10-15 minutes, and worldly wise homework that takes less than 10 minutes a night. When kids do have a book report, yes he has to spend more time on homework. There have been two so far. It has taught him about time management. Cottonwood has ranked #1 on coloradoschoolgrades for past three years. I have never had a hard time talking to teachers. I suppose if you are a helicopter parent the teacher probably wouldn't want to talk to you at some point. Thank you for leaving our great school. Cottonwood will still be one of the best schools in the state for years to come.

Cottonwood Creek Elementary School 1

Posted January 08, 2014
The truth about this school must be divulged to save other children and families from heartache. What was once the premier school in the district is now one of the most dysfunctional. Teachers and families are leaving right and left . Some teachers outright quit without giving notice. It wasn't until I pulled my child out to send them to another school that I had some perspective and could see how toxic Cottonwood really was. The atmosphere was cold and strict with punishment systems starting in 2nd grade. Teachers were apathetic and dismissive to parents and never available. Classroom sizes in the 3-5th grade exceed 30 students.The emphasis on busywork homework and testing is deplorable. Why do 4th grades need 2+ hours of homework a night? Now that I have some perspective, I now see that it was in fact the environment of Cottonwood that caused so many issues both socially and academically. The principal is cold and unresponsive and never returned our requests for help.

Cottonwood Creek Elementary School 3

Posted March 23, 2013
We moved to this area based on the reputation of Cottonwood. It is an excellent school academically, but it is not the best fit for everyone. It is great if your child is at the top or bottom academically. Otherwise, your child may slip through the cracks. They require entirely too much homework and projects that are not age appropriate, even during TCAP testing. Socially, there are a lot of cliques even among the parents. Our child was continually bullied and we were told that was only her perception. The principal is very organized but not approachable and never remembers the names of the children. Our children were well prepared for middle school but in retrospect we wish they were in a more caring environment.

Posted April 25, 2012
I went to cottonwood creek elementary many years ago and so glad to see the school is still receiving good ratings. It was a great school for a girl who just moved from a different country. Since I now live in Australia, I can't continue thr tradition by sending my son there.

Posted February 08, 2012
I went to this school from grades 3-5 and was in the accelerated learning program. I have been to three different schools and this is by far the best. I have improved so much and the information I learned here helped me greatly in middle school. I highly recommend it.

Posted September 22, 2011
We moved to Colorado from Massachusetts last year and we have been overwhelmingly pleased with Cottonwood. The quality of education our children are getting is top notch. We are amazed by the number and quality fo the resources at the schoo.

Cottonwood Creek Elementary School 0

Posted May 05, 2010
My kids are learning and are happy - they like going every day!

Posted February 12, 2010

Posted August 17, 2009

Cottonwood Creek Elementary School
11200 East Orchard Ave, Englewood, CO  80111
Last modified Cottonwood Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cottonwood Creek Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top