Englewood, CO

Posted April 06, 2014
I would just like to say that I recently move from California . I have lived here before and had two children in the englewood district.And graduated. They have both been very successful in there lives, now being back in Colorado I thank the district,and feel that it has a good impact on our children's lives. I also wish to thank everyone involved.. Thank you

Posted April 03, 2014
My child did well at this school. If we had any problems the teachers and principals were on it and taken care of ASAP. If I needed anything from principals, teachers and or office staff they were happy to help and did whatever they could to help my child succeed. The review below about the staff is very much incorrect!!!!

Englewood Middle School 5

Posted July 31, 2013
Innovative!!! iPads for all students. My daughter is so excited. Just registered my 7th grader.

Englewood Middle School 5

Posted July 29, 2013
Englewood middle school only does 7th and 8th grade now for 2013. all 6th grades have been transferred back to elementary.

Posted May 22, 2013
Awful school- the worst! Administration lies to parents to cover their own negligence. If you have any doubts about this school pull your kid out before it's too late. I expressed concern about the safety of my honor roll child 1 week and the next week she was EXPELLED without investigation into the incident. One star is too many for EMS. Might as well make it a reform school with all the criminal activity there.

Posted January 16, 2013
The ever changing leadership in this school really shows how awful this school is. With limited classes, lack of teacher training and student and parent disrespect, this has to be the worst school I have ever had to deal with. Teachers are more concerned with themselves and less on education. Great students cannot thrive here and will be pushed to the back of the line so that faculty can deal with the plethora of "bad" students. With drugs, smoking, bullying and bad language to take care of, education is on the bottom of the list. This school has been a downward spiral of disappointments !!

Posted July 26, 2011
i went to this school and did not like it .when your getting bullied they don't do anything about it.i feel some of the staff are racist..and the teachers are over dramatic when you get in trouble..if you get in trouble for a little thing and they make it huge.i brought in juice to school and got in-trouble they said were not allowed to have .it but i saw a girl bring juice. i even seen a student bring a monster. and she didn't get in trouble.I strongly advised parents to put their kids in a different school...from experience don't put your kid in ENGLEWOOD MIDDLE SCHOOL!

Englewood Middle School 2

Posted February 16, 2011
I am a very involved parent and very involved with the school and staff. . A school cannot run smoothly with only one strong leader. I applaud the Principal but the ball has been dropped more than once. Yes there are good teachers but the students only fear the Principal who isn't there a lot of the time. But the students and lack of follow through make for a very poor learning environment. Without the ability to go anywhere else in Englewood (ELA isn't very open to mid term transfers, they seem to cater to the incoming 6th graders and have dropped the ball many times), we are forced to go out of district and won't even consider Englewood High School. Ms Principal, we love you, but its time to go. Frankly I believe the lack of parental involvement with their own children is partly to blame, but thats the price thats paid when all the students are worth is the price tag the state pays for them.

Englewood Middle School 2

Posted August 12, 2010
I have been a teacher for 10 years and was very disappointed about what I saw my child's first day of school. Nothing but curse words and inappropriate dress. It is obvious that the standards here are low. If you want a school where integrity and respect is taught this is not the school. I'm sure they do a good job, but as an educator my standards for education are very high.

Posted June 01, 2010
We have had a wonderful experience at Englewood Middle School. Teachers that take the time to work with their students. The Principal and her staff are strong unit and I applauded. We choose to come to this school and it was the best decision we made. The situation is what you make of it. As parents if you don't like it get involved find out how you can make a difference. As students you get what you give. Keep us the good work EMS!

Englewood Middle School
300 West Chenango, Englewood, CO  80110
Last modified Englewood Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Englewood Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top