Englewood, CO

Charles Hay World School 4

Posted April 18, 2014
My son is adhd and the teachers and staff are very good helping him with not just the work but with all aspects of learning, they always keep the parents informed, and try very hard to make learning fun. It is very nice to see my son excited to go to school and come home an tell us the cool thing he has learned every day. I would recommened this school to any parent.

Posted March 19, 2014
My children and I love this school. The teachers are very dedicated to their students. I have never had any problems at this school. My children really have excelled because of the education at Charles Hay

Posted February 25, 2014
Very happy with the kindergarten program and the school performance appears to be steadily improving.

Posted October 25, 2013
Charles Hay has been a wonderful school for my son. He had behavioral issues in the past (now largely remedied by the wonderful Class Dojo program that was introduced this year), and his teachers, the school counselor (Peggy Alway) and the principle (Craig Ferguson) were always very positive while working with our family on the issues and so encouraging of my son when he made the right choices! Contrary to how many disciplinary issues are dealt with at many schools, they always used positive reinforcement and never made my kid feel like he was "bad". My son is doing great now, he loves going to school, and I am constantly entertained by him telling me all about the cool stuff he has learned. The school leadership and staff are very responsive, and all clearly care about the kids. There is quite a bit of cultural and economic diversity at the school, which I think is so important in helping kids become "citizens of the world". The IB program is really cool, and is why we chose the school initially. About the only thing I would change is that I would like to be more informed about how the IB principles are actually integrated into the curriculum on a daily basis. A great school!

Charles Hay World School 1

Posted August 15, 2013
Once again the leadership at Charles Hay thinks it knows whats best for everyone and that the voice of the parents don't count. The partnership they want with parents is for parents to give up their time to the school's needs and otherwise butt out. I have researched what the IB program is supposed to look like and I can assure they fall far from the goal at Charles Hay. After 4 years of being cooperative and having our input and requests completely dismissed, we are pulling our son from this neighborhood school.

Charles Hay World School 4

Posted March 20, 2013
This is an excellent school that has come up quite a bit recently. My daughter has gone there for two years now and she is extremely happy and the teachers are very helpful and caring.

Posted February 12, 2013
Charles Hay is wonderful. I have a third grader who has attended since kindergarten, and another child in kindergarten. Every teacher has been warm, dedicated, and smart. My older child tends toward shyness, but at this school she's become very comfortable speaking in front of groups. My youngest went into kindergarten with no interest (in front of his parents) in letters or numbers, and he loves school and is starting to read. It is a diverse group of families, lots of income levels, lots of backgrounds. Somehow the spirit of this school transcends all of those differences. It is a special place.

Charles Hay World School 3

Posted February 05, 2013
I am a Grandmother that visited recently. I found my granddaughters teacher to be unpleasant at best. I have heard great things about this method of curriculum but the teacher needs to love what she does. I was appalled to find out that my 1st grader was missing recess when she is late to school. Yuck ! My daughter is pulling her out because of moving and I am hoping she gets a loving teacher this time.

Charles Hay World School 1

Posted January 18, 2013
I have nothing nice to say about this school that's why I am takeing my child out of Charles hay!!

Posted May 17, 2012
I am very impressed by all the work and energy the teachers, principal and staff put into their jobs. Our grandson will soon be ending his second year. He started kindergartenabout one week after he turned five years of age. While school has been a challenge at times for him, he is thriving and improveing thanks to all of his teachers, the principle and staff working with him dilligently. He is performing above grade level in both math and reading. I am very impressed with the school and all that it offers. They also participate in worhtwhile projects such as "jump rope for heart", book fairs, family nights, etc.

Charles Hay World School
3195 South Lafayette St, Englewood, CO  80113
Last modified Charles Hay World School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Charles Hay World School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top