Englewood, CO

Posted June 16, 2014
Cherrelyn offers a great community feel. The children and the teachers connect well with one another. The principle is really nice. She may not always have a minute right then to talk to you, but if you work with her and the office, time will be made. Sadly, I think most of the complaints made in these reviews could be solved with more parent envolvement. As a parent who has both been the drop and go, and the volunteer and help sort, if you can participate in the school, experience is better. They are working on improving state test scores, but also, working to ensure the kids understand. I have noticed from personal experience with my own children currently attending, that they don't wait for the kids to fall behind before they have an intervention, rather they try to catch the students back up prior to them failing. Overall, as with any school you receive what you put forth into it,

Cherrelyn Elementary School 5

Posted October 15, 2013
All three of our kids love this school, in fact our oldest has done better here then at field elementary! The teachers here care and really work with the kids and parents

Posted August 02, 2013
Very disappointed, especially in the administration. The principal is cold and anti-social, she will find just about any excuse possible to avoid sitting down with a parent to discuss any issue. Additionally, it appears the admin is more concerned with keeping teacher salaries in check than they are in keeping strong teachers on staff. Some very well respected teachers were non-renewed and replaced with teachers right out of college this past year, and with such low scores and students below grade level, how can you afford to not have strong teachers on staff? All in all, Cherrelyn is a mediocre school with poor administrative leadership.

Posted May 12, 2012
Speechless- just speechless. Unpleasant experiences caused my family to find a different district to call home.

Cherrelyn Elementary School 5

Posted May 19, 2011
Great school!!!!!! my daughter is in kindergarden and her teacher is wonderful. all the staff is always so nice and helpful!

Cherrelyn Elementary School 0

Posted April 14, 2010
Cherrelyn Elementary is where 5 of my children have attended and I like the school

Cherrelyn Elementary School 0

Posted April 14, 2010
My son went there and he was happy at that school. Everyone cared about each other there

Posted April 28, 2009
My kids currently go to this school. They both have done really well. I think the rating of this school is reflected more by the lack of parental involvement than error on the administration's part. I volunteer on a regular basis and have noticed that a lot of parents just don't take an active part in their children's education. Of course there are exceptions, as we have some very dedicated parents. I don't want to discount their hard work. But I have noticed that a lot of parents don't really work with their children inside or outside of school, which is fundamental for learning as well. I do agree with another reviewer that the CSAP is really pushed on them. I feel that this has to do with the rating. CSAP affects that, so it's something they want to improve, naturally. But they do push it more than I would like.

Posted March 26, 2009
My son went here for 2 1/2 years. K and 1st grade were great. He had wonderful teachers. At the 2nd grade the CSAP started to get pushed down his throat. He has was showing signs of being G/T. We asked the teacher and principal about what programs the could offer him and we were told they have a great program for 4th and 5th graderr, but nothing for 2nd. We pulled out our son and enrolled him at Charles Hays for the first time since he started 2nd grade he has not said 'School is boring, I don't learn anything.' He tells me about other Countries he is learning about and what he can do to help other people and the enviroment as well as learning reading, writing and math all at a challaging level. I was very dissapointed with this school.

Posted August 14, 2006
I've been pleased w/ this school. I appreciate all of the effort that goes into the many variety of extracuricular activities, the attention to giving back to the community, and the excellent teacher leadership. I have also appreciated the teacher and principle's attention to concerns I have had, as well as the cutting-edge labs available for students and teachers. My kids have had some struggles w/ a few bullies at this school and I also feel there is too much focus on CSAP preparation but we try to make changes where we can. If you go to any PTSO meeting you will see the sincere desire to keep this as a high-quality environment for our children.

Cherrelyn Elementary School
4500 South Lincoln St, Englewood, CO  80113
Last modified Cherrelyn Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cherrelyn Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top