Englewood High School 1

Posted June 28, 2014
It was a great school once upon a time. Now teachers dont care neither do students. Its a bird school you just show up a few days a week and you pass.

Englewood High School 2

Posted June 16, 2014
The leadership of this school (and by extension the district) does not foster a safe environment for staff who speak their minds. When the principal is approached with a question or a clarification to a school or district policy, he tends to become personally abusive. The leadership fosters sheep on the staff, rather than strong educational leaders. I want my kids to be taught by a strong confident leader, not sheep.

Posted April 20, 2014
This school saved my child's life. She was a victim of bullying at her previous high school, not only causing her grades to drop but instilling a fear in her that no child should ever have to experience. I had countless meetings with counselors and school officials who did nothing. Because the school failed to protect her time after time I had no choice but to remove her from the situation and pull her out for good. That was when I found CFAHS. Although my daughter was not the typical alternative student, she was accepted and has thrived ever since. She is set to graduate 6 months early with 100% in every class. She is concurrently enrolled in college, which the school is paying for, and maintains straight A's in all 3 of those courses as well. CFAHS curriculum includes requirements for things like CPR & First Aid, Community Service, ACT Testing, Resume' Writing, Applying to College & Career Portfolio, just to name a few. These things are not required, and are rarely even offered, at other public schools. The kids are taught responsibility and accountability and are judged by their peers if they mess up. I would give CFAHS 100 stars if I could!

Englewood High School 4

Posted March 11, 2014
Englewood has it's good aspects and a few stigmas. The education I received during the four years I spent there was fantastic. There are a lot of different electives to choose from along with higher level/college courses available. Like it's said about everything else, you get out what you put in. Administration did everything they could to help students and staff achieve their true potential. The teachers put the students ahead of everything else. If you didn't get anything educational out of the coursework, you did learn the hidden curriculum of hard work and societal morals. All in all, it wasn't a bad school. The students who didn't care categorized it as a bad place. Most of the stigmas included that EHS students are incompetent, lazy, and deviants. This was the earlier EHS and those stigmas were deteriorated with our band winning first place at state, numerous scholarships won by our students, and well... we have a twenty-first century STEM program. The old Englewood lives on with the alumni and community. The new Englewood will thrive another century as well.

Englewood High School 4

Posted April 17, 2011
I am very happy with our experience at EHS. They haven't lost the community concept. They offer several upperlevel classes and a good variety.

Englewood High School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
Englewood is a small community with a small school district. My son has been attending Englewood Schools for 6 years. While not a top rated distrct the classes are generally small and the teachers are very involoved with the students.

Posted May 10, 2008
I am a former student of EHS. I loved this school! I went to Arapahoe High School (a top rated CO school), my freshman year and chose to return to Englewood schools because I just wasn't cutting it at AHS. And it wasn't the school's fault by any means. The atmosphere at EHS was just a better fit for me. I graduated with a 3.9 GPA. I enjoyed Englewood because it's on block schedules. In my opinion, that allowed for more time to really study and learn about the course we were taking. Also, due to the school being a bit smaller, I personally feel that students are given more one on one attention then at the bigger schools. I also feel that I was better prepared for college due to EHS and it's teachings.

Englewood High School 2

Posted March 04, 2008

Posted May 11, 2007

Posted April 11, 2007
I am loving Englewood! I would never switch to another school if I had the chance to. If you are a parent I would definitely look in to this school and its academics. The teachers are great and so is the environment

Englewood High School
3800 South Logan St, Englewood, CO  80113
Last modified Englewood High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Englewood High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews.