Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

- A Former Student of Englewood Student support center. Englewood schools are a TERRIBLE environment for any student. Teachers don't care so the kids think it's okay to not care either. I went to Englewood schools from kindergarten up until the end of 9th grade and in 3rd grade a teacher made a rude comment as to me having been to a foster home. 7th grade a math teacher told me I was an idiot because I had an IEP in math. And recently I had a teacher say to me she had her personal opinion about me and the person I am so she made he decision to suspend me for something I did not do and they had proof of me not being guilty of the wrong doing. And I have lived at my current Englewood address for a year and a half and never had a problem with having an Englewood address but living in Sheridan but the director of Englewood Student support center told me I was no longer aloud in Englewood school district. But they're are other students who live in aurora and Ken caryl they have been told nothing. Then she told my mom and grandmother it was because of my credits and the trouble I've been in and attendance. Also my older brothers have gone to Englewood schools and experienced bullying and harassment from teachers and students. DO NOT ENROLL YOUR CHILD IN THIS SCHOOL DISTRICT.!!

EHS is a really good school its teachers are really good and really small,which allows more 1 on 1 interacting ,it also has the most advanced technology in colorado every student gets an ipad,yes an ipad and although not having locks and a pool like traditional high schools we are in the 21 century its only a matter if time before lockers get out of date.in the end we have an ok soccer team and football team but englewood is a good high school that prepares students for tommarows future!!

This is a perfect school and everything about it is amazing! Kids who think this school is "Lame" "Stupid" etc needs to understand that you get what you give. The only time teachers get mad at students is when we choose not to listen. When you tell somebody about bullying it gets stopped. The principal is not a "Sheep" he is a respectable man. If you want your kid to go to an amazing school with excellent Pirate Pride you should choose Englewood High School.

It was a great school once upon a time. Now teachers dont care neither do students. Its a bird school you just show up a few days a week and you pass.

The leadership of this school (and by extension the district) does not foster a safe environment for staff who speak their minds. When the principal is approached with a question or a clarification to a school or district policy, he tends to become personally abusive. The leadership fosters sheep on the staff, rather than strong educational leaders. I want my kids to be taught by a strong confident leader, not sheep.

This school saved my child's life. She was a victim of bullying at her previous high school, not only causing her grades to drop but instilling a fear in her that no child should ever have to experience. I had countless meetings with counselors and school officials who did nothing. Because the school failed to protect her time after time I had no choice but to remove her from the situation and pull her out for good. That was when I found CFAHS. Although my daughter was not the typical alternative student, she was accepted and has thrived ever since. She is set to graduate 6 months early with 100% in every class. She is concurrently enrolled in college, which the school is paying for, and maintains straight A's in all 3 of those courses as well. CFAHS curriculum includes requirements for things like CPR & First Aid, Community Service, ACT Testing, Resume' Writing, Applying to College & Career Portfolio, just to name a few. These things are not required, and are rarely even offered, at other public schools. The kids are taught responsibility and accountability and are judged by their peers if they mess up. I would give CFAHS 100 stars if I could!

Englewood has it's good aspects and a few stigmas. The education I received during the four years I spent there was fantastic. There are a lot of different electives to choose from along with higher level/college courses available. Like it's said about everything else, you get out what you put in. Administration did everything they could to help students and staff achieve their true potential. The teachers put the students ahead of everything else. If you didn't get anything educational out of the coursework, you did learn the hidden curriculum of hard work and societal morals. All in all, it wasn't a bad school. The students who didn't care categorized it as a bad place. Most of the stigmas included that EHS students are incompetent, lazy, and deviants. This was the earlier EHS and those stigmas were deteriorated with our band winning first place at state, numerous scholarships won by our students, and well... we have a twenty-first century STEM program. The old Englewood lives on with the alumni and community. The new Englewood will thrive another century as well.

I am very happy with our experience at EHS. They haven't lost the community concept. They offer several upperlevel classes and a good variety.

Englewood is a small community with a small school district. My son has been attending Englewood Schools for 6 years. While not a top rated distrct the classes are generally small and the teachers are very involoved with the students.

I am a former student of EHS. I loved this school! I went to Arapahoe High School (a top rated CO school), my freshman year and chose to return to Englewood schools because I just wasn't cutting it at AHS. And it wasn't the school's fault by any means. The atmosphere at EHS was just a better fit for me. I graduated with a 3.9 GPA. I enjoyed Englewood because it's on block schedules. In my opinion, that allowed for more time to really study and learn about the course we were taking. Also, due to the school being a bit smaller, I personally feel that students are given more one on one attention then at the bigger schools. I also feel that I was better prepared for college due to EHS and it's teachings.

Last modified Englewood High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.