Erie, CO

Posted January 07, 2014
my daughter is in 6th grade and this school has been excellent so far. she needed to be challenged and required advanced classes, all of which this school provides. they have a pre-ap curriculum called springboard. the electives are many and varied with excellent teachers.

Erie Middle School 2

Posted September 26, 2013
I attended this school for three years and I feel most teachers did not care for the students if they had less than a B. The 8th grade social studies teacher that I had did not treat me well at all. She didn't even try to help me get my grades up. At one of my parent teacher conferences all my teachers printed out missing assignments to help with and show me the work i needed to do except her, she said in quote " i didn't think it mattered because I know he wont do it anyway,' not only did that hurt my self esteem but it made my parents feel like they were doing a bad job as parents. And I do not think that's acceptable under any circumstances. I thought every schools policy was no student left behind but I guess it's different here. However, I had band for all three years and I loved it! The teacher was phenomenal and I didn't just see him as a mentor but as a friend. The principals were great and very helpful to me. In conclusion I did not enjoy how most teachers treated me. Now I feel that no teachers will like me because of my past experiences with teachers.

Erie Middle School 1

Posted September 08, 2013
This is a great school, not so great teachers, while they all 'act' nice, they overwork the kids, not really bothering to ask them if they get the concepts, nor to see if they have learned it periviously before. The teachers are really nice to you-as long as they like you. It seemed as though if you don't have good grades, aren't kissing up to the teachers everyday, then you aren't really important to this school.

Posted August 07, 2012
Our daughter attended this school for one year, grade 8. (We had to relocate a couple times, unfortunately.) We found it to be an excellent school, particularly (but not only) the science teacher, the art teacher, the math teacher, the English teacher our daughter had. We also particularly loved the vice-principal, Mrs. Hoople. We got to know her moreso than the principal, owing to a medical situation our daughter contended with during her time there. She was and is the the kind of administrator any school d be blessed to have, with wonderful people-skills and genuine, genuine caring for all the kiddos. Importantly, we believe our daughter learned a great amount during her time there.

Posted July 24, 2012
I sent my 2 children to EMS and we loved it. All of the teachers were very supportive and if my children were having troubles they would email me and we would set a day up for them to stay after and get help. My kids loved the teachers and they got all of the help that they needed. My daughter made a ton of new friends as soon as she got there. The students seemed to have welcomes my kids with open arms. Like every other kid they don't like getting up for school but after words they seem to always come home with smiles on their face. The homework scale is very reasonable and if you have a special occasion you can contact the teachersand they will usually work something out. After one year of going to EMS i decided to put my younger one in EES he had a hard time at first and then he started to warm up to the teachers and students. Ever day he would ask me when he was going back to school and see his friends. All of my kids love Erie and they say that they would like to go to EHS also, which is fine with me. Erie Also has an amazing baseball, football, and softball league. I'm pretty sure that their other sports are just as good but my kids only play those 3. WE LOVE ERIE!

Posted February 02, 2012
Our son is attending his third year at EMS and we are so very pleased. We came from a suburb north of Atlanta with top notch, so we were curious to learn what the Saint Vrain Valley Schools had to offer. The teachers are very, very good. Most have advanced degrees, which we've learned is typical for a place as desirable as Colorado. EMS received the Governor's Improvement Award for being in the top 5 highest improved CSAP scores. We have found that the communication between the school and parents is excellent. We receive a weekly newsletter via email. The school sends voice messages to parents whenever there is an important meeting, poor weather, a crisis. They also follow up via email. Our experience has been that the teachers and administration are very eager to meet regarding our son's progress. They've taken the initiative when they learned he needed to be in an advance Language Arts class. Thanks to Infinite Campus we can stay on top of our son's grades, as well as projects and daily activities. The teachers respond to emails typically within an hour. We really couldn't be more pleased and thankful for a strong learning environment for our son.

Erie Middle School 3

Posted July 16, 2011
Erie Middle School is a great school and all, however, the past principal's and teachers are TERRIBLE. Teachers really just yelled at kids, even for no reason, and would have unfair rules. However, this teacher would basically make you dread coming to their classroom. He spent the entire 45 minute class time explaining instead of us doing. The classes are lots of fun, however, the important classes are WAY too short. Science and Social Studies are now 45 minutes. The teachers do complain about this too short of class time. The principal's are a different story. Our newest vice principal, Ms. Hoople, is amazing! She loves having the presence of kids around and isn't your adverage principal. She doesn't yell, but likes to support both sides of the story. The princpal doesn't really take care of things. He kinda just sits. Overall, the school is okay. There are renovations occuring now, and the school NEEDS it. It is literally falling apart. The school is too small, and holds too many students. I love the programs that help the school, however, they don't really have much. The students are very annoying. Most don't even care for school. Overall, your adverage school, but bad teachers

Erie Middle School 2

Posted March 13, 2010
I have been at this school for about two and a half years. Most of the teachers really do care and help and are over all great, but I found that quite a few were uninterested and were there just for the paycheck. One of my past teachers at the school would miss a day of school when it snowed to go snowboarding. I am honestly telling the truth. Our past principle never looked happy and seemed grumpy all the time. The current vice principle literally struts around the school looking for miss behaving students to get in trouble. The hall ways are dangerous and I dread going in them during passing periods. Over all, the school lacks organization, any sense of cheerfulness, and a good vice principle. Go and see for yourself, trust me, you will be disappointed.

Posted December 14, 2009

Erie Middle School 0

Posted September 17, 2009
Each year our public schools in Erie do a lot to raise awareness on recycling. Each grade level have contest amongst the other classrooms on who can bring in the most box tops, campbell soup labels, ink cartridges, etc. It's so nice to see our kids pay attention to the products we purchase to make sure that they are getting a box top for their school.

Erie Middle School
650 Main St, Erie, CO  80516
Last modified Erie Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Erie Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top