Bad
Good

My children attend the Estes Park Elementary School for 3 years before moving out of state. The school/staff is very loving and they have a nice, easy-going approach. My children enjoyed the school very much. However, after moving to new schools out of state, my children have let me know that they were "bullied" quite a bit in Estes Park but not at all in their new schools. Also, when my children entered their new schools they were quite a bit behind in their academic progress and spent the first year catching up. They are GT students who do very well academically and socially and are now at the top of their classes. I was surprised that they were so behind academically. Not really sure why this would be as the new school they moved into was made up of a very diverse population (40 home languages in the school!) and was a low-income school Chapter 1/Title school. It is disappointing that the academic standards are so much lower in Estes Park. Then again, in Estes Park, the playground has a 360 view of the mountains and Continental Divide... and the school has awesome field trips into Rocky Mountain National Park... We miss EP regardless of the academic difference!

Although my eldest son struggled during his early days in this district, while we worked to get the special ed system here up to par, this elementary school is now a model for what can be accomplished in a small district! My youngest is still in this school and I feel he is receiving a wonderful education. The teachers all go out of their way to help each student and prepare them for their future.

We pulled our son out of another elementary school after 13 weeks of zero progress in his reading. They had put him in remedial reading causing him to struggle with the other subjects he was missing. And they had not told us of the difficulty he was having. He entered 1st grade at EP elementary 13 weeks into the school year still reading at a kindergarten level. It took his new teacher three days to determine that he did not need remedial reading...By the end of the school year he was on par with his class in every subject and ready for the second grade. Sometimes it really is the teacher. EP Elementary ROCKS!

I love the small town feel of this school. Teachers take care for the education of each and everyone of their students. They are always willing to talk to parents about concerns. Very dedicated staff. I have three children in this district and they all love it.

My son has been greatly blessed by a teacher who spent most of his summer carefully arranging my son's 4th grade class for my son's best chance to excel! Last year, my son was bullied by a lot of classmates.

Last modified Estes Park K-5 School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.