Posted November 22, 2013
He student's at this school are great. Almost entirely devoid of cliques or exclusion, everyone is accepted and there is near no bullying. That being said, there are about two decent teachers. The administration is awful. And if you need any extra help beyond the average student, you have no place to turn, great for my social life, awful for my education.

Estes Park High School 3

Posted October 21, 2013
As far as the student experience goes, I am very happy with EPHS. I have two freshmen and they are telling me that everyone is really nice here, unlike the school system we came from. My issue is with communication - I think there is a lot of room for improvements in how this school communicates with parents - basically, there is none...

Posted April 06, 2013
My eldest son (special ed) attends this school. I was worried when he started because, although the SPED program has vastly improved in the ES & MS, the HS was not yet used to the inclusion model being used in the lower grades. I have been very pleased so far. Our SPED teacher is young, enthusiastic, and creative in working with parents, students and teachers to effect a positive outcome for all students. My child has many challenges but he is finding success in high school thanks to her and the open minded classroom teachers who have welcomed him. Also, his fellow students have been incredibly supportive and caring. Our small size can be a plus because it contributes to a sense of community. Kudos!

Estes Park High School 4

Posted April 30, 2012
I came here in the 2011-2012 school year as a new student in this high school, let alone the district. When I came, I was expecting a typical public high school with a lot of kids. In reality, it's a small school, small that the student body is kind of like family to me. The school does encourage kids to get involved in some way. I'm on the track team. The kids as a whole do support each other and they mostly get along. There are teachers however that I'd rather be with than others. There were a few, but not a lot of teachers I disliked. My favorite is my science teacher. He is open to the kids, pays a lot of attention to them, and gives out many opportunities to pass the class. My least favorite is my English teacher. She is very young and is knowledgeable about English, but she isn't always easy going. Sometimes I felt like the work she gave out had absolutely no purpose whatsoever. My real complaint has to be with the administration. They don't seem to be trying hard enough encouraging the students to succeed. This school is on a long road to go. I give 4 stars because of the kids and most of the staff, but 1 star is left out due to the lack of work the administration is doing.

Posted February 10, 2012
I've had two children in this high school and in general it is a great small school that gives individualized attention to the students. Classes are small (7-10 kids in some classes), and yet there is a good variety of subjects and levels - including many honors courses and even online courses for specialized subjects. Good attention to ESL students. Teachers are available and email often with any concerns. All the school employees seem to know and honor all the kids. Most everyone goes to college or graduates with a plan for something - and local organizations go out of their way to work with the school and raise some sort of grant or scholarships for every student who is going away to school - this is celebrated at a big scholarship awards night for the kids. My favorite aspect of this school are the kids themselves - it is a small town and they really support each other. I don't see bullying of kids who are different. I'm really glad my kids experienced this level of support and have the confidence and happiness that comes from a good caring school environment.

Posted November 09, 2010
This is one of the best schools in the state! I highly recommend it!

Estes Park High School 1

Posted October 06, 2010
As another reviewer wrote, if your child has any special needs or needs even a little bit of extra attention they will DIVEBOMB in this district. After years of putting up with this poor school system I pulled all 3 of my kids out and enrolled them in online school. What a huge difference! No more petty disputes with administrators, no more teachers badmouthing their bosses during valuable teacher/parent conference time. And real enthusiasm for school work! If you are moving to Estes make sure you check out the online school options because you WILL need them. This school district is in trouble, has been for years, and has ZERO leadership potential to turn it around. Did I mention the former administrator that was indicted? Yeah.

Estes Park High School 0

Posted October 08, 2008
I absolutely despise this school system. Beware if you want to send a child here. Unless your child is stellar in school beware. If your child has any learning difficulties they will go out of their was to harrass them, make their self esteem plummet and try and get them out. There is no help here for any child who has any difficulties. The entire system places most of it's emphasis elsewhere.

Posted August 20, 2008
This high school is on a recovery program. Of course, elementary school and middle school become a part of this as the kids move through these schools. There is so much empasis on math and now science, and girls, that boys are being neglected. The girls have caught up in math and science as more reading and language has been injected into these subjects. The boys are behind in reading and writing so this doesn't benefit them, and they don't get the attention and encouragement they need and deserve. They are stereotyped, in reading and writing, just like girls use to be in math and science. But this is a nationwide problem, also.

Posted May 30, 2008

Estes Park High School
1600 Manford Ave, Estes Park, CO  80517
Last modified Estes Park High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Estes Park High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top