Bad
Good

Posted March 28, 2016
I believe this school is a hidden gem in the district compared to other elementary schools (I know nothing of the charters). My son has special needs, the school has been so accommodating, he is in kindergarten. The gen ed class as well as the sped class are great. The principal is often seen walking halls and helping in classes, very hands on. We are moving for personal reasons, kind of sad that my son cant finish elementary school here.

Posted February 21, 2012
Heiman Elementary School has a good staff. Although English is not the mother- language for my kids, but I found Wonderful care to help them to overcome this issue . in fact I'm glad my kids study here.

Heiman Elementary School 4

Posted May 17, 2010
My daughter had first grade here and after she got over her shyness she ended up loving it here. The teachers are very friendly and willing to help. In the area this is one of the better schools.

Posted August 01, 2008
The school is great. the principal and teachers are engaged and passionate about what they do. I have three children in the school now and wouldn't change that for any other school in Greeley!

Heiman Elementary School 4

Posted August 15, 2007
Ann K. Heiman has a great staff and dedicated, enthusiastic, loving environment. This is a Great School and a hidden gem!! My children are excelling and growing at this wonderful school. As an parent and former teacher, I am extremely pleased with this public school!

Posted April 18, 2007
When we first moved to the area and discovered Ann Heiman was to be our daughter's school, I admit to being a little discouraged by the schools poor ratings, and also the high student/teacher ratio. But I have been anything but disappointed with this school! The school provides a warm, caring, teaching environment, and the progress my daughter has made since starting in January has been remarkable - biggest marked improvement being her reading and math comprehension. Like others have noted, I'd be happy to see a little more homework, but I have complete confidence that they cover so much in their work day that it doesn't actually warrant a whole lot of homework. However, the teachers weekly newsletter explains what your child has been learning that week and provides useful suggestion for projects you can do at home with your child, should you feel compelled to.

Posted February 24, 2007
I have nothing to say about Heiman but good. The teachers are great. My son went from reading below second grade level to reading above second grade level by third quarter.

Heiman Elementary School 1

Posted July 04, 2006
My son started kindergarten reading, adding and subtracting. After a year at this school he could no longer read or add. He had no homework at all the entire year. I was very disapointed. We are choosing to home school next year.

Heiman Elementary School 2

Posted March 09, 2006
The quality of the programs at this school is terrible. The children aren't tested, have virtually no homework and are doing terribly on the state tests

Heiman Elementary School
3500 Palermo Avenue, Evans, CO  80620
Last modified Heiman Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.