Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted January 27, 2016
My daughter has learned lots and greatly enjoys going to school everyday. The staff is great and i feel that they take the time to give you the information when you have a question.

Chappelow K-8 Magnet School 3

Posted December 08, 2014
My kids like it here since this is where their friends are now. Upon moving to Greeley, I thought it was a better option than the public middle schools in Greeley, but now I am re-thinking this. I am not impressed with Chappelow, and really should of considered other schools more when choosing. Other schools have just as many arts/music programs as this one (if not more), so that is not a perk in my opinion - but Chappelow really likes to push how artsy they are. The biggest issue I have is that there is no athletic programs at Chappelow, which really takes away from a middle school experience. If you want your child to be in a sport, you have to travel to other schools and have your kids be with strangers. Another problem is there are no lockers at this school. Kids carry 50lb backpacks with them all day long. No buses either, you have to get your children to and from school, which would be bearable it the line to pick up and drop off wasn't ridiculous and ran improperly. If you have an issue with a teacher, do not expect any backup from the principal as she will side with the teacher and all will be lost. I would recommend looking into University or Frontier

Chappelow K-8 Magnet School 1

Posted July 07, 2013
The band, p.e., choir, and art teachers are wonderful. But, our experience is that, not only is bullying rampant at this school, some of the academic teachers are the worst bullies of all! The school year started with one teacher making demeaning remarks to my child whenever she called on him in class. The other students quickly picked up on this, setting my child up as a target. When I tried to deal with this and other things she said and did, she took it out on my child, making it impossible for him to be successful. At one point she intercepted a major assignment he had done for another teacher and told him he failed it based on a random criteria she created on the spot...something that was not listed anywhere in the project description sheet the other teacher sent home. When my child was punched by another child the counselor told me he was wasting her time and he was too much work...because he had told on the child who punched him. The principal sat there and agreed with everything the counselor said. Gladly, my child is not going back to Chappelow. I would suggest you check out St. Mary's or consider driving your child to LaSalle or Severance for Middle School!

Posted April 19, 2013
Chappelow is an excellent school that gives its students a wide variety of opportunities to learn through the arts. The music, band and art teachers are superb. My family is particularly impressed by the Speech and Drama courses and teacher. Both of my children have performed in his excellent musicals at Chappelow, which have become highlights of their school years so far. I can't recommend this school enough.

Posted September 25, 2012
Chappelow is the best school ever! I've been there since kindergarden and graduated last year from 8th grade. Every teacher knew me and called me by name. The think I loved most about it is every teacher finds your talents and uses them as much as they can to challenge you. For example, I got the opportunity to compose a ten minute long song for a tablet we did in reading. I also learned sign language after seeing that we had the DHH program, and got the opportunity to sign a musical! The band, choir, and dance teacher are the most inspirational people ever. There's not one mean student. The school is extremely small, so we're all a big family. The principal knows every student and has a great since of humor and leadership. Band was my favorite class. The school is extremely arts intergraded. If you're a sporty person, it's not a good place to go because there aren't any sports teams. However, there is the chance to play with the John Evans team. The teachers go out of their way to challenge you. I loved this school to pieces. You should consider Chappelow at the top of your list.

Posted January 07, 2009
I have been at Chappelow for 8 years, kindergarten through 7th grade. My sibling and I love this school and miss our old principal, Mrs. Para. We have had many principals throughout our school career. Thankfully they have all been great!

Posted September 27, 2007
This is a wonderful school. My son traded in his x-box activities, opting for art and writing activities within the first week of school. The playground/lunch monitors and crossing guards call him by name. All the first grade classes visit/share so the other teachers know kids from other classes as well. There are procedures and practices in process to keep the kids safe. They play classical music some mornings and at times in the classrooms when the kids are drawing. Parking can be a pain, but nothing is perfect.

Posted August 14, 2006
I have never heard a negative thing about this school. My son enjoyed Kindergarten with a creative, attentive, structured approach. We love our music teacher and appreciate the school's ability to direct creative children without trying to fit square pegs into round holes. We are impressed by the school's ability to manage a diverse student population with varying degrees of readiness for school with academic success.

Posted June 17, 2004
We love Chappelow! We've been there for 2 years now. I've worked with the teachers on a volunteer basis and have been thoroughly impressed with the dedication to the children. The staff truly cares about the students. It seems the teaching comes from the heart and there is no better way to communicate to children. Our family is thankful for the quality of education received at Chappelow. It's also great fun!

Chappelow K-8 Magnet School
2001 34th Street, Evans, CO  80620
Last modified Chappelow K-8 Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.