Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)

Posted April 07, 2016
Large class sizes, teachers are not great, principal is not professional, poorly run school. Snobby parents who act like they are in grade school. Avoid the school....you will be much happier....we are at Wilmot! It's a real mountain community school!!

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted August 16, 2015
The teachers are ineffective due to the leadership of Peggy Miller. The teachers can only do so much when the ship is clearly sinking!

Posted August 16, 2015
I am very disappointed in this elementary school. The principal, Peggy Miller, says "I am all about your children!" HOWEVER she is NOT all about the children. Peggy is ALL about HERSELF! Her image and if you have an issue with a teacher, she will tell you, "I back up my teachers!" Whatever the issue, she will back the teacher. Then Peggy will make sure you and your child have a miserable experience at the school. In my opinion, Peggy Miller is the biggest bully at the school. She isn't "professional" like a principal should be. She walks around like a big bully! This school is poorly managed. There are a few good teachers however you will know who Peggy Miller's "favorites" are within minutes on the school grounds. My child was bullied and Peggy told me "We don't have that issue at this school!" When my child needed to be tested, she refused stating she knows my child doesn't have what it takes to be a part of the Gifted & Talented. Well Peggy may say...there isn't an issue of bullying at HER school...however she's the biggest bully at the school. I have found all the parents to be concerned about their child and the increasing class sizes. Peggy is very defensive about any comments of high class sizes. We all know that she's all about the $$$$ she gets and won't have smaller class sizes due to her bonus would be smaller. I would avoid this school and choose Wilmot or Parmalee. Many have also left this school for Rocky Mtn Academy. If you meet the others, you will see how dysfunctional Peggy is in how she runs the school. This is not a highly rated academic school. It lacks the foundation to compete with the other schools.

Posted November 06, 2013
The school has been great to us so far, we are not "upper class" and have many friends here who are and we don't feel like we are judged at all. The principal is fantastic and so far the teachers are too.

Posted March 14, 2013
Excellent school. My son attend 2nd grade and had a teacher that motivated him and challenged him everyday. My daughter attends preschool this year and it has been a wonderful experience. I have not had ANY problems with parents as some people have stated on the reviews here.

Bergen Meadow Primary School 3

Posted April 27, 2012
My girls had a great experience with this school. We butted heads with some teachers and loved others. Mrs Trickle is AWESOME, Mrs Feola is AWESOME. Now about the moms - IT IS ABSOLUTELY TRUE - if you as a parent do not follow the other moms - they will tell their children to not play with your child. BEWARE I have also witnessed some parents bully other parents. One mom was sent over by the others to inform me that "I did not fit in with the other moms - and they don't like me" for whatever reason they had... I was not interested in the reason - they were baffeled and therefore, left me alone. Other moms fell victim to their hateful words, comments, and gossip. Stand tall, stand your ground and ignore the "Women who are still pretending to be popular." News flash ladies - your old now, high school is over and nobody cares anymore. Update: the same mom that was sent over to inform me - eventually removed her children from the school because of parents bullying her. She tried to "fit in" and it did not help in the end. Grow up Ladies - You know exactly what I am talking about and IT IS TRUE. You should be ashamed of your behavior.

Posted September 06, 2010
This school is a joke. The only reason parents rate this school 5 stars is because they've never nown anything else. The principal is more about image than results. The teachers are all subpar at best. Beware, send your child to one of the may private schools in the area.....

Posted September 16, 2009

Posted October 08, 2007
Bergen Meadow Elementary is an amazing school. The teachers, staff and principal are very forward-thinking and are always looking for the best ideas in educating the kids. There is a very strong presence of parent participation and the PTA is one of the strongest group of volunteers that can be found in a school program. We are thrilled to be involved with this elementary school and looking forward to a continued strong future.

Posted September 05, 2007
I don't know what the other parents are saying, but I've never seen a school with as much parent involvement and the teachers are superb. I'm one of the involved parents and know most of the teachers. Both my kids went through the schools and have had excellent experiences.

1892 Bergen Parkway, Evergreen, CO  80439
Last modified Bergen Meadow Primary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-2