Falcon, CO

Posted August 16, 2014
The teachers at this school go far above and beyond for students. My two children love this school.

Posted September 21, 2013
My daughter has been at WHES for a month now, and I have to say we both LOVE it. The teachers and staff communicate very well with us, and they are able to give my daughter more challenging material keeping her interested and motivated.

Woodmen Hills Elementary School 2

Posted May 03, 2012
Possibly the front office staff at this school do not fully understand that parents are their true customers, based solely on a possible attitude that children need to be protected from their own parents (environment is like being in constant lockdown when you come during the school day). Other than that, the teachers are excellent, at least for the younger grades and "specials" (PE, drama, etc.) and call the children "Sir" and "Ma'am" to teach proper manners.

Posted April 04, 2012
Horribly run, never met the principle, the dismissal is beyond unsafe and ridiculous. The teachers have no idea proper ways to discipline. The work is not challenging at all. We took our children out and are now home schooling. This school was the worst experience ever!

Posted August 30, 2011
Verbatim from the D49 official Falcon Flyer received 8/30/2011: "Overcrowding has been a hot topic in District 49. Falcon continues to be one of the fastest growing districts in the state. We currently serve about 14,000 students. This is perhaps the first year that our overall student population has not increased, but that does not change the fact that overcrowding continues to plague our district. Eight schools in District 49 are currently over-capacity. They include Woodmen Hills Elementary, Falcon Middle School,Falcon High School, Evans International Elementary, Springs Ranch Elementary, Odyssey Elementary, Ridgeview Elementary, and Skyview Middle School. Of the remaining schools, not a single one of them is less than 75% full...Teachers struggle when thirty or more students outnumber them..."

Woodmen Hills Elementary School 2

Posted August 27, 2011
I was very dissappointed with the process and time it took the school to care for my special needs child. It took the school a year to accommodate my child, by finally moving us to another school.

Posted December 09, 2010
I was very disappointed in this school. My child had some special needs and got the impression that the school (staff and administrators)did not make any effort to accomodate this child (as well as others that were observed). The teacher and administration focused only on what was wrong with my child. Until we left, we did not know this child had any strengths. We never got the impression that the teacher even liked my child, though when asked, said, "I like the kid". My child showed a great deal of improvement once transfering out of this school. The impression we got was if children did not attain the academic excellence to boost their image, it was much easier to transfer them to another school.

Posted June 07, 2010
Woodmen Hills is absolutely wonderful! I find the teachers to be exceptionally skilled and communicate well with parents. They meet the needs of advanced students while also helping those who are struggling. In addition, they focus on the whole child, helping kids learn social skills and make friends. I couldn't ask for a better neighborhood school.

Posted October 09, 2009

Posted December 30, 2008
I was a former student. This school helped me relize my true potential. I never regreted going to this school.

Woodmen Hills Elementary School
8308 Del Rio Rd, Falcon, CO  80831
Last modified Woodmen Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Woodmen Hills Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top