Meridian Ranch International School

Public | PK-5 | 607 students

Posted May 9, 2014

I love the small town feeling of this school. My daughter is in the preschool program - wonderful! My middle son has an amazing kindergarden teach who had him reading within 3 months of school. My oldest likes the small class room size and of course the gym teacher!

Posted March 25, 2014

I've had three children go through this school and I'm very happy with the atmosphere the school provides. State wide budget cuts have taken a small toll (no Spanish language program), but we are otherwise very pleased with the teachers and staff. Communication from the teachers and staff is excellent. The school is also very protective of its students and the before/after school mad rush is heavily patrolled by the staff. The Academics could be tougher, but this is a statewide issue, not an individual school issue.

Posted November 25, 2013

The principal Mrs.Leon is fantastic! The teachers communication is excellent. The school has a great system that divides the children of each grade into different levels of their ability. This allows those that need more help to get it and allow those who need more of a challenge to get it. Disadvantage of this school is the parents who do not do their part in teaching their kids manners, respect, and teaching them how to do homework. If they would do their part as parents, the teacher could focus on teaching rather than parenting. My children have been their 4 years and this has been an ongoing battle for the school!!!

Posted August 1, 2013

My daughter started in this school as a Kindergartener the first year this school opened. She has excelled every year and the staff, especially the teachers are excellent. Mrs. Leon, the principal is GREAT!! She supports the students, teachers and parents - she is the BEST! My daughter is starting her fifth grade this year. Her teachers have challenged her, and she has grown each year.

Posted July 23, 2013

We moved to Meridian Ranch Last year and after putting my child in at the kindergarten level, I have been pleased. I personally did not care for our teacher, but we love the school! I can not say enough great things about the new Principal!! Kim Leon is wonderful, every morning she is standing out front high fiving the kids as they enter. What ever happened in the past, is just that, IN THE PAST!! This is a new school, new teachers, new classes, and growing by leaps and bounds! I would suggest, if you don't like what is happening at any school your kids attend, VOLUNTEER! and change it! I have and it has made a world of difference in my dd's life, and my trust level in the PTA, teachers, and faculty. THIS IS A WONDERFUL SCHOOL. The teachers are passionate about what they do, and the principal has an open door policy. Come see for yourself! A LOT has changed in the past few years!

Posted March 31, 2013

While my daughter would excel at Meridian Ranch--if you have a child that is outside what's considered normal, I would not recommend this school. Our son (who has ADHD) would repeatedly get bullied by the teacher, refused normal recess, segregated in class, and repeatedly treated contradictory to what we and the principle were told. The extent of the bullying (endorsed by the school culture) drove my sons frustration and dislike for school through the roof. When we moved my son to Falcon Elementary mid-school year, it only took 1 month of positive reinforcement from the teacher for his academic success to sky rocket and his feelings of inadequacy and frustration to all but disappear. I'm most frustrated that after multiple meetings with the teacher, counselor, and principle the methods identified to deal with our son were dismissed by the teacher repeatedly and most often after only the first week or so and at no time were we ever informed. I had to resort to random spot checks of the classroom. I've never seen a school where non-violent "tag" at recess resulted in referrals. I wouldn't recommend this school to anyone because they lost my trust which is essential to me!

Posted September 13, 2012

My kids started at this school 3 years ago. They have had a very positive experience. The atmosphere is warm and inviting from when you walk in the door. My kids went from being below average students to above average. I am so pleased with this school and hope our next assignment has schools just as good as this one. The parking and pick up and go line can be challenging!

Posted September 11, 2012

I have to say, it's a great advantage that it's a couple blocks away from our house. The staff is nice, and the teachers are nice too. My kid came from Montessori and tested one grade up. As the school year started he got bored and when I would ask the teacher to give him more challenging work, she would give him something that was very behind for what he tested. Again teachers are nice but they don't have the time to give children a little more attention when they need it. Also both Kinder and 1st teachers, kept my kid from going to recess because he wasn't finishing his work. It's a horrible experience, it worked for some but just not for us.

Posted July 5, 2012

The administrative staff and pricipals were something less to be desired....to say the very very least

Posted April 15, 2012

Both my son attended District 49 Meridian Ranch International School for the last 3 years. I have seen advantages and disadvantages in this school. The advantages are; every teacher they had communicated well with me and went the extra mile to ensure they were on the right track. The school activities included everyone and were very educational. The disadvantages are; the school leadership lack of discipline and cannot keep my kids safe of bully incidents. For the last two years, the school bully used verbal and physical aggravation against my kid. He also used verbal and physical harassment to other kids in school witnessed by my wife during lunch time. Nevertheless, school monitors failed to address this type of behavior. My twin boys also witness this kid disrespect teachers during class and never seen him reprimanded. They said the school faculty considers him the special kid . We met with School Leadership many time to discuss a plan of action to improve the school environment for my kids. After making some adjustment the situation improves for a couple of weeks; but, the verbal and physical aggravation continues. Personally, I have lost faith in the faculty.

Posted June 27, 2011

We have lived in Meridian Ranch for 4 years. I have had 4 children go to this school, and I have been very impressed. Teachers are wonderful. In class involvement is great. Great school to be in. LOVE it!!! Will hate to move away from it.

Posted November 7, 2010

Happy to see great reviews.I will begin by saying we finally have a "keeper" for a principal. It's not easy to come in & have to take on MR culture. Great job ! Next, class sizes range in the mid to upper 20's (not 18). There are some rooms with FABULOUS parents and volunteers. Especially Watch Dog Dads (I'm a dad)!!!! We have the least active PTA I've ever seen. In military travels, we see schools with standing room only for PTA. To me here it feels like a board member monopoly. IE: some teachers really wanted a CSAP computer game and they refused to fund it??? You'll always have great & challenged teachers. Our kids have had both. With our new admin. now, I bet MR teachers will be able to teach each child instead of worrying only about CO state standards. IB is awesome.

Posted November 20, 2009

My daughter started in this school as a Kindergartener the first year this school opened. She has excelled every year and the staff, especially the teachers is excellent. We have a new Principal this year and she has implemented changes that have made the school even better. Some of these comments are aged and don't reflect the growth the school has made since it opened its doors. My daughter is in 5th grade this year and she will be going into middle school excelling. My son is in 1st grade and I can say that the staff was very supportive in his transition to all day school. Couldn't ask for more! Parents are very involved at this school with and excellent PTA. Who cares about the parking

Posted December 30, 2008

Our children are in K-5 and are excelling under the care of their wonderful teacher! Just wish they would allow the teachers to put a Christmas tree in the classrooms.

Posted October 16, 2008

Excellent school and the teachers are fantastic!

Posted March 23, 2008

This is our first year in elementary school and we could not be happier with our choice to attend MRES. We have found our son's teacher and all of the administrative staff to be very encouraging and helpful for our family's needs. We considered several schools before setting on our 'neighborhood school' and we are so glad we chose MRES.

Posted March 18, 2008

I have three children who attend MRES, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd graders. I have been extremely involved in this school and MRES has been great. However, lately, I don't feel the administration is listening to some parents concerns on differentiating students in the classroom. The TAG program is VERY weak in D49 but if your child has special needs then it is quite supportive.

Posted June 22, 2007

It's hard not to judge a book by its cover, but MRE is such a beautiful school! Walking in, one is greeted by friendly staff and smiling teachers. The classrooms are alive with activity. What a fun environment! The curriculum is not to par with East Coast education yet. There are some amazing advances in education that I'd like to see Falcon 49 impliment. Hopefully this can happen during my childrens' school days. Negatives for MRE are parking! Where is the parking lot? Falcon needs some school bus routes as well. I love this school so we'll make due with dropping off and picking up in a sea of confused or agressive minivan drivers. We love this school.

Posted January 24, 2007

This is a fantastic school. The teachers are generally warm and wonderful people with a great deal of knowledge. We have only come across one staff member who was less than wonderful. My children seem to very much enjoy the environment. BUT, the parking is VERY limited. A diamond in the rough...

Math

The state average for Math was 72% in 2013.

118 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 73% in 2013.

117 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 51% in 2013.

118 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 72% in 2013.

100 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 68% in 2013.

101 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2013.

101 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

108 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 70% in 2013.

109 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 49% in 2013.

108 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 57% in 2013.

109 students were tested at this school in 2013.

All Students74%

Students without disabilities70%
Proficient in English65%
Neither migrant nor immigrant66%

Source: Colorado Department of Education

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Above average

Test score rating
Student growth rating

1-3 Below Average

4-7 Average

8-10 Above Average

How schools in the state rate:

of schools in the state are Below average
of schools in the state are Average
of schools in the state are Above average

Test score rating 20131What's this?

This school
District
State

Student growth rating 20132What's this?

This school
District
State

Math growth at this school

Reading growth at this school

Above average

1 Test scores are based on 2012-13 TCAP results from the state of Colorado.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 14%N/A41%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

10480 Rainbow Bridge Dr