Imagine Charter School

Charter | PK-8

Posted December 2, 2013

We have been at ICSF for more than 6 years now, and we've seen lots of change and growing pains. Some change has not been as welcomed as others by many parents, but most are for the benefit of the school and students. We've only had one teacher over the years that was not a good fit, but that teacher has moved on. Our other experiences have been positive and rewarding for our entire family. This is our last year in the preschool program and the first year it has really blossomed. This school year offers a new director for the preschool program as well as new teachers and for the first time ever, my preschooler is is coming home telling me what was done at school in exciting fashions. I was sad to see the Love and Logic program disappear for a few years from the school, but it seems to have returned without all the L&L media. Our oldest will be starting middle school soon and is already excited that many of the teachers know her by name and know many of her interests, showing us, as parents, that all the teachers care about all the students, not just those in their classroom.

Posted November 15, 2013

We stumbled upon Imagine Firestone purely by chance. We toured the school and it had a welcoming environment from the moment you walk through the doors. Lots of smiles from various people and the front office staff is actually friendly (unlike most schools we have been in). My son had a heartbreaking start at another school within the district which prompted us to check out this school. After touring and visiting with staff, we transitioned him into this school. He is now thriving! He loves his classmates, his teacher is kind and the school still feels welcoming. We drive 30+ minutes everyday for my son to attend this school. There are struggles for the school such as not having any athletics for the middle school and the traffic around the school is terrible! I feel sorry for the new neighborhood that has to share the area with the school! It is manageable if you are willing to be patient dropping off and picking up your kid or if you park a few blocks away.

Posted August 5, 2013

Imagine is a good school following core knowledge and fostering a culture of respect and dedication in their students. The teachers are dedicated and enthusiastic in their roles in guiding their students to succeed. Imagine needs a new principal for Imagine to excel. A principal who shows a dedication and interest in Imagine and its teachers/students/parents.

Posted May 29, 2013

Middle School is poorly run, preschool is glorified daycare. The school lacks adequate facilities to support what "real" schools can. There has not been a consistent teacher retention since it has opened (possibly 1 has continuously taught). Administration urges teachers to lie to parents about enrollment. When you read how Imagine teachers are giving the best resources to teach, it is a lie. Here is an idea, keep good teachers by getting some administrators who respect the staff, got there by their credentials and not being a "yes" person, and maybe the teachers will stay. I cannot comprehend why a small school needs 3 administrators. Only 32 percent of Imagine at Firestone s revenue is spent on instruction. The school s 2010 audit showed $1.3 million of its $4.3 million revenue going to instruction. The audit shows that Imagine at Firestone is paying its educational management provider Imagine, Inc. about 23.6 percent of its revenue, or $1 million, for the lease on its building and other equipment, and another 14.6 percent, or $625,000, for services.They need to spend more money in the classrooms

Posted March 22, 2013

Love this school, love the values, the teachers, the teaching style, they know how to bring out the best in our kids. Very happy.

Posted March 9, 2013

I absolutely LOVE this school! My son is in third grade and this is his first year at Imagine. I love the curriculum and feel like my son is challenged and grouped for instruction appropriately based on his ability. The other think I love about Imagine is the sense of community/family. Teachers, Administrators, Students, Parents all seem to really come together and support the students at this school whether it be volunteering, fundraising, task forces for educational improvement, etc. My son loves his school and his teacher and is really thriving here! Great job Imagine!!! Keep up the good work!

Posted March 9, 2013

Both of my boys have been going to Imagine since it started up and my oldest daughter transferred from Adams County schools this year. I have been so impressed by the school and the staff. My middle son has had excellent teachers every year, and that makes a huge difference in getting them excited to go to school. I tell everyone I know how much I love our school!

Posted February 25, 2013

The teachers and staff take the time to get to know you personally. I am on a first name basis withe nearly every staff and faculty member. Others have mentioned the core knowledge but forget to mention the discipline that is integrated into the curriculum. I agree the first year was a rocky one, but the staff has made changes to better the school ever year. My only complaint is that the teachers' pay is low and this may cause some good teachers to look elsewhere. I think communication is excellent in my kids' grades; I can't speak for Pre-K and K.

Posted February 6, 2013

We have been at Imagine for 5 years and we have had a wonderful experience. The teachers are wonderful, my kids are receiving a wonderful education. I am always amazed at what they are learning, the Core Knowldege curriculum is excellent. I know they will be prepared and ahead of where they should be when the time comes to go to High School. The principal is wonderful, along with the other administrators. They are very responsive to any questions or concerns that may arise. I would highly recommend Imagine to anyone! I hope everyone keeps in mind that there are no prefect schools, every school has their of unique set of challenges!

Posted December 23, 2012

This year is our first experience with Imagine and I am not all that impressed. There is a definite lack of communication and I'm not sure my daughter is receiving the best education. She is in the preschool program and, although the teachers are nice, I'm not sure they are preparing her for kindergarten. She does enjoy going though and I am grateful for that.

Posted September 26, 2012

I am very disappointed in the pre-K program at this school. The teacher seems to pick favorite students and is flat out not nice or warm/caring to other students. My son was top of his class last year in preschool and we never had a complaint, this year at Imagine the children are rewarded with stickers and he has only received 2 all year. The teacher has never confronted me on my child's behavior, and the 1 time I asked why he did not get a sticker I was told "his voice was too loud today"... he's 4 years old. Yesterday, I spoke with another mother of a little girl in his class and she told me the same experiences, we both felt that our children's spirits were being crushed at this school and we were going to start the process to move them to another program.

Posted May 31, 2011

This is our school of choice for one simple reason - they sincerely care about the whole child. It's a great place for my kids and I look forward to keeping them all here through the eighth grade. My kids have definitely been challenged, but most importantly the teachers take time to get to know my kids and work with their individual learning styles. I'm always welcome as are grandparents and other families to come on site and see first hand what is happening in the classroom. I'm informed well of how my children are doing and communication is a top priority here. I can't IMAGINE taking my kids anywhere else for their schooling.

Posted April 18, 2011

This is my child's 3rd year at Imagine and we are very happy with the education that she is receiving. We like Core Knowledge, as well as the ability grouping that we feel that it really helps the kids to make significant gains, whatever their ability. We have found the teachers to be helpful, caring and truly vested in thier students. We are always greeted warmly and love that the staff knows us personally. We would recommend Imagine to anyone who is looking to play an active role in their child's education.

Posted January 25, 2011

We have been at this school for 2 years so far and I have been very happy with the school. I like the classical core knowledge, the character education, and that they do ability grouping for reading and math.

Posted December 6, 2010

We are into our second year at Imagine. We have experience here in both elem. and middle school. Most all of our teacher experiences have been wonderful. Communication is awesome. We always know where our kids stand in their academic progress and we always feel encouraged to approach any of our teachers with a concern or issue. I find the front office staff to be informative, friendly and engaging. Both my children are athletic and I feel we have plenty of opportunity in our community to address those needs. We have not missed the "lack of electives". The quality education my 8th grader has received is more than worth it. My 8th grader will be very advanced upon transitioning into a main stream HS and ready for any honors/AP program. Those study habits and high expectations have already been established with the help of core knowledge and a great group of teachers. The students are held to a high standard of behavior and some of the nonsense you hear about at larger public schools is simply not tolerated. I have even felt it too strict at times, but the students adapt. Bottom line is, the bar is set high and the overwhelming majority of students will strive to meet it.

Posted June 17, 2010

I have very mixed feelings about this school. My child was in Kindergarten here, and there was absolutely 0 communication. He was never sent home with newsletters and I never got emails, etc, so I did not have any idea what was going on in the classroom. Homework abruptly stopped without warning. When I asked why, it was because the teacher was "testing" and "didn't have time" to assign and grade the work. My son also was supposed to receive speech therapy here and the teacher and receptionists never got their acts together enough to enroll him in it. The receptionists up front are unhelpful and can't answer the simplest of questions regarding the school. (When I asked if this was trivium school, they could not answer.) I am so disappointed because I was hoping to have my child in a core knowledge school. But this one just isn't very good.

Posted August 29, 2009

This is an amazing school, even though the first year was a little rocky. I have seen an amazing change in the way my children learn and act. The morals and respect that is taught and shown at this school is better than any school that I have seen. The teachers and parents, of Imagine, actually care about students and their education.

Posted July 11, 2009

My daughter attended Kindergarten & 1st grade at Imagine and I am impressed with this school. I would say it's definitely the best school in Firestone and we have experienced them all. This school school does ability grouping which has done wonders for my daughter, she is in the higher ability groups and it helps not having to wait for her classmates catch up to something she might already have learned. It also helps with the slower kids, since there is low, average, and high ability groups - they are tested at the beginning of the year so see where they stand. Great system, challenges your child to his/her ability, and fantastic teachers!

Math

The state average for Math was 72% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 73% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 51% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 72% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 68% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 70% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 49% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 57% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 62% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 73% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 58% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 55% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 68% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 61% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 52% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 67% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 52% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2013.

All Students71%

Students without disabilities61%
Proficient in English58%
Neither migrant nor immigrant55%

Source: Colorado Department of Education

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Test score rating
Student growth rating

1-3 Below Average

4-7 Average

8-10 Above Average

How schools in the state rate:

of schools in the state are Below average
of schools in the state are Average
of schools in the state are Above average

Test score rating 20131What's this?

This school
District
State

Student growth rating 20132What's this?

This school
District
State

Math growth at this school

Reading growth at this school

1 Test scores are based on 2012-13 TCAP results from the state of Colorado.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 4% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 14%N/A41%
Male 50%N/A51%
Female 50%N/A49%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

5753 Twilight Ave