Bad
Good

My son only attended here in 6th grade due to an upcoming unit move. I had one instance that I was furious about, but the principal and the dean of students sat down with me and listened to my rant then respectively explained that this would no longer be an issue and bringing my concerns to them helped them change issues in the future. I have yet to have any other problem. My son is thriving here and his teachers are in constant contact with me about possible missing assignments or projects coming up. I was terrified reading some reviews about this new school he is heading to, then decided to read the reviews of Carson because I knew this school and it would help, the reviews for Carson were worse than the other school and it put me at ease. My advice to any parent trying to do research before moving to a new post would be: Don't read the reviews!!!! Do your own research, meet with teachers and the principal, do a tour and talk to your neighbors.

This is by far the worst school my child has ever been at! The principle and vice principle are full of lip service. Many of the teachers truly do not teach, the child ends up teaching themselves or failing due to lack of instruction on the teachers part. Teachers don't discuss concerns and don't respond to emails. My child received 4 failing grades in math and never moved him into a different math class even at my continuous requests. Now they want me to pay for summer school! If you end up being stationed at Fort Carson save your child and yourself the stress of them attending that school and find somewhere else for them to attend school! 2 very stressful years at this school and i wouldn't wish this on anybody!"

I love this school.Most of the teachers are welcoming and treat you like family. They care about you. There are some unforgettable teachers here that have positively impacted my life. I am glad I was able to experience coming to this school.Also,it your child plays an instrument ,this school is right for them. The band program is phenomenal. There are plenty of opportunities to play with large groups and have a wonderful band experience. This school is amazing.

This is by far the worst school my child has ever been at! The kids are horrid and bully each other. The principle and vice principle are full of lip service. Many of the teachers truly do not teach, the child ends up teaching themselves or failing due to lack of instruction on the teachers part. My child was for the most part a very happy go lucky straight A student until coming to Carson middle school..If you end up being stationed at Fort Carson save your child and yourself the stress of them attending that school and find somewhere else for them to attend school! 2 very stressful years at this school and i wouldn't wish this on anybody!

I love this school, as the mother of a severely autistic child, I'm in the school alot and have loved the way my daughter is welcomed and wanted within the school. Everyone is helpful and understanding.

I don't know what is wrong with some of them teachers or as more like the staff. On my behalf I think students be getting in trouble over stupid things some times. Also sometime they don't get the punishment they deserve I just think they need to make some changes. Also if your child is going to go there most of the time believe your child. Not all the time but most of the time. Because some of thee teachers be exagrating. But they do have some good teachers and staff there but most of them are not

Again, without knowing the situation, one can not assume that all parents think their children do no wrong. What I am saying is that everyone's experience is different and at Carson Middle school my experience has been that there is a lack of accountability when the principal observes there to be a problem with a teacher and chooses to turn a blind eye. As I have expressed to Mr. Jerman and the teachers there, education and respect is the # priority in our family. They will always have our support as long as issues are handled appropriately. So far, they continue to not be appropriately addressed.

The principals as well as the teachers are great at Carson Middle School. The staff cares about the students and their ability to learn. The students must also respect the teachers and the principals. I have seen students and parents disrespect the teachers and principals because they think their children does no wrong. This is not the case. The system has taken the authority away for the principals and teachers, therefore, the entire staff hands are truly tied. They are afraid to show any regulation toward the students at all. Due to this fact, students tends to push their limits daily toward the whole staff. I think that is totally unacceptable and hope that the system will allow the teachers and principals to do their job without being afraid of what parents would do or say if their child is not following the rules.

Last modified Carson Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.