Bad
Good

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

Carson Middle School has 0 tolerance for bullying but it is up to the student to blow the whistle when this type of behavior is present.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

yes, they welcome the challenge and because their are different programs, i.e. Autism in the school, these students are treated no different and are included and accepted by their peers.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

The school staff has lot's of mentors to look up to and excellent role models.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Its hows in their daily teachings and being present at work

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

they care about the student and if a child isn't focused, believe me you as a parent will be contacted.

I transferred my son from the town middle school to Carson Middle because he had a bad 7th grade year and I needed him to focus. His 8th grade year is very important and it was time for him to get it together. He was nervous at first but the staff was amazing, especially the school coaches. After the first quarter, I noticed his grades went back up, he stated the students were friendlier than his last school and less drama. I have nothing but praises for this school because they care deeply about the students well being and to get my kid to try out different sports was a plus. This is a kid that's shy and prefer to stay to himself. Getting him involved allowed him to meet other students faster and to come out of his shell. This school has a lot to offer and there are many programs for the kiddos. I know from experience, it can be hard to attend every school event but my presence and seeing the smile on his face was well worth it. If I couldn't attend an event, believe me, those that did, supported all the kiddos and my son loved that.

My son only attended here in 6th grade due to an upcoming unit move. I had one instance that I was furious about, but the principal and the dean of students sat down with me and listened to my rant then respectively explained that this would no longer be an issue and bringing my concerns to them helped them change issues in the future. I have yet to have any other problem. My son is thriving here and his teachers are in constant contact with me about possible missing assignments or projects coming up. I was terrified reading some reviews about this new school he is heading to, then decided to read the reviews of Carson because I knew this school and it would help, the reviews for Carson were worse than the other school and it put me at ease. My advice to any parent trying to do research before moving to a new post would be: Don't read the reviews!!!! Do your own research, meet with teachers and the principal, do a tour and talk to your neighbors.

This is by far the worst school my child has ever been at! The principle and vice principle are full of lip service. Many of the teachers truly do not teach, the child ends up teaching themselves or failing due to lack of instruction on the teachers part. Teachers don't discuss concerns and don't respond to emails. My child received 4 failing grades in math and never moved him into a different math class even at my continuous requests. Now they want me to pay for summer school! If you end up being stationed at Fort Carson save your child and yourself the stress of them attending that school and find somewhere else for them to attend school! 2 very stressful years at this school and i wouldn't wish this on anybody!"

I love this school.Most of the teachers are welcoming and treat you like family. They care about you. There are some unforgettable teachers here that have positively impacted my life. I am glad I was able to experience coming to this school.Also,it your child plays an instrument ,this school is right for them. The band program is phenomenal. There are plenty of opportunities to play with large groups and have a wonderful band experience. This school is amazing.

This is by far the worst school my child has ever been at! The kids are horrid and bully each other. The principle and vice principle are full of lip service. Many of the teachers truly do not teach, the child ends up teaching themselves or failing due to lack of instruction on the teachers part. My child was for the most part a very happy go lucky straight A student until coming to Carson middle school..If you end up being stationed at Fort Carson save your child and yourself the stress of them attending that school and find somewhere else for them to attend school! 2 very stressful years at this school and i wouldn't wish this on anybody!

Last modified Carson Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.