Fort Carson, CO

Patriot Elementary School 1

Posted August 12, 2013
If I could rate zero stars I would. I have had my son registered with this school since last school year. I found out the day school start that my 4 year old will not be in the class I was told he would be in and will not be in a class with a substitute teacher. Iam sitting here writing this and I don't even know who the person who is responsible for my kid name is. The class is bear. There is no books, blocks, nothing. there is only a few shapes and cursive alphabet on his class wall. I went to complain and was told that there is nothing they can do but write a letter to the principle, who I have yet to hear from. If you do not mind this stuff then its an okay school. The school can improve by being more prepared! This is a military installation school so they should know that the school will have a lot of kids.

Patriot Elementary School 4

Posted April 30, 2013
My son attended Patriot Kindergarten and 1st grade. He struggled in Kindergarten with an older teacher with minimal patience. He tested at a 2nd grade reading level then, but the school does not offer gifted/talented. He was bored in class and easily distracted. Instead of challenging him, the teacher simply sent him to the office. First grade has been a much different experience. I sat down with the principal, Mr. Duncan, to chose his teacher, Ms. Bolig. He understood my son needed someone to challenge him. She is great and maintains open lines of communication. She has great classroom management skills and holds the children responsible for their behavior. Ms. Marsh, the counselor is great. She sees children one on one as well as in group settings. Again, my main complaint is lack of gifted/talented program for younger grades.

Posted April 08, 2013
This school is a great place for my child. I love the teachers, especially Mrs. Christopherson and Mrs. Williams. They really know how to support and challenge the children. The admin is exceptional! My only complaint is the parking lot. The cones in back make it difficult to get through the line, and it is often inconsistent.

Posted March 15, 2013
This is the best military school my kids attended thus far!! Highly recommend this school. As a matter of fact, we are currently fighting to get back to Fort Carson, Colorado for the school system!

Posted March 14, 2013
Patriot is by far the Best School for my children! Being a military family and relocating a lot, Patriot is the best school for transitioning! Actually, my family are trying to PCS back to Fort Carson because of the excellent school district!

Posted October 07, 2012
My son has attended Patriot Elementary for the past 2 and a half years... The teachers are amazing! Especially Mrs. Ellzey! Even though the school is obviously way overcrowded, my son has gotten a wonderful education and he loves school! However, the drop off and pick up situation is totally out of control! When I have to drive to the school to pick my son up, I can't even use the school parking lot! I have to park across the street at the middle school! I will say that it is organized chaos, I honestly don't know how they could make the situation any better.

Posted August 12, 2011
I love this school! The teachers there are awesome. Mrs Edelstien has made such an impact on my child, who went from a little class clown to being an A student and in the gifted program. She has gone above and beyond what i believe is expected in a teacher, And given him a love for learning. Mrs Tensick took the time to really get to know my child when most teachers would have just labeled her a girl with major additude and made learning fun with her quirky personality. My child now in middle school still comes back 2 years later to share her accomplishments. Every teacher at this school has made an effort to be welcoming and friendly, . Parking is a bit of a hassle but it is worth it for the teachers there. I live off post and get acceptance for my children to attend and I am so thankful I can.

Patriot Elementary School 0

Posted April 30, 2010
I think Patriot is an awesome school! I enjoy the teachers that are working hard to educate our children (and a lot are doing so with children whose parents do not help educate at home). I also think the front office staff is great and has been very helpful with anything that I ask from them. The Administration staff is very wonderful and I think are truly at Patriot working to support our children and military families. The only compliant I can make would be the parking lot situation. There are too many parents who drive way too fast in the lot and just stop wherever they feel like it to drop off their child(ren). (There is a drop-off zone for a reason)! Other than that, Patriot rocks! :)

Patriot Elementary School 0

Posted February 25, 2010
I have two children that attend Patriot Elementary. My daughters teachers have been wonderful-Mr. Healy, Mrs. Perry & Mrs. Ossorio. My son's teachers, minus his previous teacher, Mrs. Martinez, have been great also. Mrs. Rudd, Mrs. Ausec and Mrs. Countryman. The front office doesn't deliver messages very well, and at times were unfriendly. The parking situation after school is a nightmare. Parents line their cars up an hour before school lets out, and there are unused parking spaces because of this. If you need to pick your child up for an appt. during this time, you can't even park. This is a problem that has yet to be addressed. Another complaint is the amount of supplies that need to be purchased at the beginning of the year. A lot of parents have more than one child in school and I'm sure they can't afford this.

Posted December 10, 2009
My 5th grader has attended this school for the last 3 years and my k child for the last 2 and with in this school year I have to say I am very impressed. Not only do my kids get the education and extra help if needed. Usually if you have good acedemics the teachers one on one skills with the parents lack..in this school that is not the case , the teachers are great, But what has impressed me the most is the new principal they have,He one seems to really and truly have the childrens best intrest at heart. He is the only principal in the three years my kids have attended that walks the kids to the car and will get out and direct traffic so the parents are not stuck in a parking lot waiting to get home. And he does it rain snow or shine!!!

Patriot Elementary School
7010 Harr Ave, Fort Carson, CO  80902
Last modified Patriot Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Patriot Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top