Fort Carson, CO

Posted November 12, 2014
My son loves mountain side and is having an amazing second year. We have all enjoyed both of the teachers he's had and all the staff we have worked with. My son has made student of the month twice and is on the honor roll every quarter. We really couldn't be happier.

Mountainside Elementary School 2

Posted April 17, 2014
Mountainside School has a principal, who talks a good game, but does not follow through on promises. Standardized test scores are not impressive. My child is not happy there.

Posted May 26, 2012
Mountainside is an awesome school. They have a wonderful staff and supportive teachers. Mrs. Zupans, the principal is very approachable and is usually on the school lobby to greet the children in the morning when school starts. They have a lot of great after school clubs for grades 3-5. Not only that, but they bring in the Missoula Children's Theatre where my son has participated each year they visited. Academically,they have ALP for children who is advanced and needs to be challenged; they also have the Gifted Children program that guides the development of gifted learners. We will miss Mountainside. Thank you for all the good times.

Posted May 02, 2012
We moved to Mountainside with kids ahead of their grade levels and have been pleased with the way their teachers have been able to challenge them. We've been given challenge work in lieu of regular work to keep our kids still moving ahead, as well as their teachers making sure they remain interested. Plenty of after school options for the older grades (3-5), math, spelling, reading, science clubs, plus art, basketball, etc. Our children's teachers have been outstanding in communicating with us and helping our children adapt to a mid-year move. In terms of other "complaints", it is common knowledge that FFC-D8 only offers free half day kindergarten and must be paid for if you want full-day. Complaining that you did not pay your bill for an optional program is not a reflection of the school or its quality. The rates for military families are excessively reasonable for a full-day kindergarten with great teachers.

Mountainside Elementary School 2

Posted March 30, 2011
I have 3 children that go to this school. Me and my children personally dislike the school and how they treat the children. We are a lower income family and my son was attending full day kindergarten because i felt he needed more than a half day because he has a learning disability, when i was unable to make the payment for him to stay in kindergarten they immediately moved him back to half day not even caring that he was doing better in the full day. They would not work on a payment plan with me. They were very rude! I am counting down the days until i move away from the district...

Mountainside Elementary School 4

Posted June 14, 2010
I've had nothing but great experiences dealing with the staff at Mountainside for my autistic son.

Posted July 30, 2009

Posted May 01, 2009
My daughter really really really loves this school. She goes to it everyday with a smile on her face!

Mountainside Elementary School 0

Posted March 26, 2009
My son attends Mountainside Elementary School. We are somewhat new to Colorado and after coming from Virginia I find the level of education here to be somewhat subpar. They seem to be more concern with what the kids are eating and drinking in there packed lunches than the level of education that they are providing. My son has had a very had time adjusting to this school and He complains every morning for the last two months about going to this school. I hope to see some changes in the next three years we are stationed here in the way this school goes about it's leaning process.

Mountainside Elementary School 1

Posted October 25, 2008
Unorganized, poor communication between school and parents...My daugthers have been there for 2 months and is the worst school they have been.

Mountainside Elementary School
5506 Harr Ave, Fort Carson, CO  80902
Last modified Mountainside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mountainside Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top