Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

I haven't had experience w multiple teachers, just one so far. It hasn't been a pleasant experience.

Amount of homework: no rating

I would not know because he was not sent home with any homework. So I cannot answer this question properly.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

My child is singled out & instead of implementing a plan, they just want to get rid of him.

Unorganized. My child is singled out. I can't get a straight answer out of anyone. Very unhappy w how they handle my child & my concerns.

LOVE THIS SCHOOL AND IT'S STAFF. HAVEBEEN WORKING WITH THEM FOR 3 YEARS AND I HAVE NO COMPLAINTS AS TO THEIR INCREDIBLE WORK ETHICS AND COMPASSION FOR THE KIDS.

My son is in there behavioral ASD program. He is way ahead of the kids his age. Can't say enough good about this school!

My son loves mountain side and is having an amazing second year. We have all enjoyed both of the teachers he's had and all the staff we have worked with. My son has made student of the month twice and is on the honor roll every quarter. We really couldn't be happier.

Mountainside School has a principal, who talks a good game, but does not follow through on promises. Standardized test scores are not impressive. My child is not happy there.

Mountainside is an awesome school. They have a wonderful staff and supportive teachers. Mrs. Zupans, the principal is very approachable and is usually on the school lobby to greet the children in the morning when school starts. They have a lot of great after school clubs for grades 3-5. Not only that, but they bring in the Missoula Children's Theatre where my son has participated each year they visited. Academically,they have ALP for children who is advanced and needs to be challenged; they also have the Gifted Children program that guides the development of gifted learners. We will miss Mountainside. Thank you for all the good times.

We moved to Mountainside with kids ahead of their grade levels and have been pleased with the way their teachers have been able to challenge them. We've been given challenge work in lieu of regular work to keep our kids still moving ahead, as well as their teachers making sure they remain interested. Plenty of after school options for the older grades (3-5), math, spelling, reading, science clubs, plus art, basketball, etc. Our children's teachers have been outstanding in communicating with us and helping our children adapt to a mid-year move. In terms of other "complaints", it is common knowledge that FFC-D8 only offers free half day kindergarten and must be paid for if you want full-day. Complaining that you did not pay your bill for an optional program is not a reflection of the school or its quality. The rates for military families are excessively reasonable for a full-day kindergarten with great teachers.

Last modified Mountainside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.