Fort Collins, CO

Posted May 14, 2015
Our family has had a wonderful experience at Cottonwood. We transferred from another school, where I thought my second grader was excelling, only to find he was behind in some areas. Now, two years later, with the amazing support of his teachers and administration he is able to attend a middle school math program as a fourth grader. My daughter began kindergarten with minimal reading ability and has maintained a reading level two grades above as first grade year ends. For both of my children they have had amazing support from their teachers and appropriately challenged in the classroom and in gifted and talented classes, without giving either of them a ceiling for their learning potential. The "E" in PRIDE is for Everybody Belongs. Cottonwood Plains truly works together to be an encouraging & nurturing diverse community.

Posted August 22, 2013
awsome!! i love this school for my son. im really big on bullying and they make sue there school is free of that.

Cottonwood Plains Elementary School 4

Posted December 01, 2011
Cottonwood is an above average school in many ways. The principal is very helpful and kind. The test scores for most kids are above average. It is a nice building. There are a few drawbacks as well, though. One is a heavily loaded GT program which, similarly to other schools, has a lot of bright or hard working kids but not a lot of gifted kids. The previous GT coordinator was good. The current one does too much test prep for kids whose parents want that identification and retests on similar tests within short periods of time which has increased the problem with overloading the GT program and making it less likely to meet the needs of kids who aren't traditional high achievers.

Cottonwood Plains Elementary School 4

Posted November 28, 2011
I am wondering why as a parent, I must understand how the school policy works regarding such things as school attire for my daughter, but the teachers do not. It is not uncommon for me to see high heels and very short skirts on the teachers when my daughter cannot where color in her hair or wear a snow hat in the building. Just today I saw one of the younger grade teachers not only wearing a see through shirt, but you could see her stomach through the shirt. Not understanding the double standard here....

Posted August 09, 2011
I am excited to start the new school year! Awesome staff to work with, caring Principal, dynamic families, and overall respect for children! There is no better place to be! Happy 2011-2012 school year everyone!

Posted August 08, 2011
We love this school and its PRIDE philosophy. Children are challenged based on their abilities, discipline is encouraged and good behavior is rewarded.

Posted May 19, 2011
We have had such a positive experience at Cottonwood Plains. We have two children who attend and we could not be more pleased with how their academic needs have been met--both in the Gifted and Talented track and in their regular classes. The teachers have worked very hard to make sure my children are being pushed academically, but still balance having fun and using their creativity. I am especially pleased that they are expected to be responsible for their actions and they explain rules and expectations clearly. I really feel like the teachers enjoy their job and there is a very good parental support system in place.

Posted April 14, 2011
I am so impressed by what I see every day. Teachers and parents working side-by-side with the best interest of students in mind. Students trying their best, and if success is not immediate, they persevere and demonstrate an "I can do anything" attitude. I would not want to work at any other school. Cottonwood Plains is truly the place to be!

Posted April 11, 2011
I love this school! My children have been coming here for over 8 years and we love it. Old Principal, New Principal, teacher changes, all for the best. The grasss isn't always greener somewhere else although a change sometimes helps your attitude, find out what is important not what you thinks may save your ego. Stick with the school even if you have reservations about the programs, your child's education comes first and they are receiving an excellent one here. Other outside activities should be your last priority and you can go somewhere else if needed.

Posted April 05, 2011
You are right! The school is awesome but the parents/kids tend to be the same families over and over again in the same activities. That is fine, but what about diversity? So much for "Everybody Belongs" A certain social "click" seems to dominate the after school activities leaving everybody else feeling like the minority.

Cottonwood Plains Elementary School
525 Turman Dr, Fort Collins, CO  80525
Last modified Cottonwood Plains Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cottonwood Plains Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top