Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I transferred from Ridgeview after my first semester, for a variety of reasons, mainly based around mental and social well-being. One of my favorite things about Ridgeview is the level of academic success they aspire to achieve. I have never been to a school that focuses so well on educating students in a meaningful way. Academically, the school is astounding. Not everything at Ridgeview is as impressive as the academics, however. By far, the least impressive aspect of Ridgeview has been the workload, along with the burden of not being able to fully express yourself. I found Ridgeview to be far too keen in adapting the students to the school, instead of the other way around. Frequently, I saw hardworking students who proudly reflected Ridgeview's values be disciplined for holding those same values. These values are all undesirable when they conflict with the objectives of the administration. Simply criticizing the school will cast you in a very different light in the eyes of many administrators. Finally, I take issue with the school's expression of its philosophies. It's quite disappointing how the school likes to cast itself as an oasis in the desert that is modern education and modern society. This "us v. them" mentality is detrimental to interactions both within and without the school's community - it's entitled, negative, and elitist. My rating of Ridgeview is based on my personal opinion of the school after attending for a semester. No matter how strongly I stand by this opinion (and I do believe that I have explained it clearly enough to be respected as a valid opinion), I understand that other people hold different values highest, and these people may find Ridgeview to be more enjoyable. Therefore, I'll try to describe the values that Ridgeview cherishes and neglects, in the most neutral terms possible. Ridgeview is bad for people who value: -political neutrality -social liberalism -independence/self-sustainability in the modern world -freedom of expression (not limited to speech, but also including action that is not hurtful or diminishing) Ridgeview is good for people who value: -respect for authority -traditional American social structures -religious faith (although the school, as a charter school, is not religious, it certainly caters towards a more religious base) That is all that I have to say about that.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The teachers at Ridgeview care about the students. They go above and beyond in their work, and inspire their students to excellence.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

My children receive challenging work that prepares them for life.

One of the many things I appreciate about Ridgeview is the kindness of the student body. When my tween daughter returned to school after a nose injury, a friend asked if I was concerned about how she might be treated by her peers (if she would be treated poorly due to her appearance). Nothing could be further from the truth here, and she rather was shown much sympathy, and even recognition for her tenacity. I often take for granted the community and culture of Ridgeview. It truly is a beautiful place where learning and excellence is held in high regard, and flaws and failures are opportunities for grace and growth.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

We are continually amazed at how much the teachers care for their students. They also are constantly finding unique way to teach the students a certain topic or subject.

Amount of homework: Agree

We have felt that the amount of homework given has been appropriate for their grade level. The homework either prepares them for the following day's discussions or reinforces what they are learning during the day.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Ridgeview discusses their character pillars regularly and encourages the students to display good character daily.

I went here from 9th grade until I graduated high school. I made great friends and had a few truly excellent, inspirational teachers, but I also had multiple teachers (particularly ones that taught history and government related classes) who were overwhelmingly biased and even frequently told blatant lies or made up stories to further their own narratives about our world. I would frequently come home after history class and feel a need to fact check my teachers; more often than not I would find that they were thoroughly wrong on the topics I had researched myself. Also at Ridgeview there is a culture of conformity. Self expression often seems discouraged and students can be severely punished for "disrespecting teachers" when in truth all that happened were mere disagreements. And, although respect towards teachers is a paramount rule within this school, teachers frequently disrespect and make fun of students; the principal himself has presented ad hominem attacks against students during debates about things like paternity leave, the black lives matter movement, or the wage gap. I have nothing against tongue and cheek banter, but what I'm talking about here is beyond that. Student council at this school is for all intents and purposes run by the administration. As such students have no real say in the frequent changes that come to the school. The current principal seems to want the school to be a place for deeply conservative minded young people to become even more staunch in their views, rather than a place for real discourse, debate, and discussion. Also this place abstains from teaching any kind of sex-ed, which I believe leads to a deeply misinformed student body when it comes to sex and sexual identity. The school claims to be a place for students who like a challenge or enjoy difficult and truly stimulating classes and conversation. If that describes your student however, the IB program at Poudre, or the AP programs at Fossil or Rocky would be better, in my opinion, and would probably set up your student to be more likely to get into top colleges with top scholarships. DISCLAIMER: I did not attend Ridgeview in middle school or in the lower grades. My review is based in my experiences predominantly in the high school. Please do not judge their middle school based on what I've said.

The students that I know that go to this school are very prideful and they are taught to act this way by the teachers.

I love the way my students think outside the box, and carry themselves as responsible teenagers! Ridgeview Classical Schools has contributed to the molding and shaping of my kids into not only exceptional academic students with great communication skills, it has made them teenagers that are articulate, concise, compassionate, and proud of their own accomplishments. Ridgeview has had an impact on how my students think not only about themselves, but just as important, how they think about their fellow students, their school, their community, and their country. I know I will be sending my students off into the world of adulthood with a confidence in themselves that will be an asset to them no matter what their endeavors. My students converse with any age group from many walks of life with poise and confidence. They have thoughtful input on their future, and the future of the world around them. The teachers at Ridgeview obviously love to teach and appear to be genuinely interested in their students From History and Latin, Math to Music I would recommend Ridgeview to any parent who is looking for a school that brings out the best in their children, academically and individually.

Last modified Ridgeview Classical Charter Schools is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.