Public charter
Fort Collins, CO

Ridgeview Classical Charter Schools 1

Posted June 24, 2014
The students that I know that go to this school are very prideful and they are taught to act this way by the teachers.

Posted April 30, 2014
I love the way my students think outside the box, and carry themselves as responsible teenagers! Ridgeview Classical Schools has contributed to the molding and shaping of my kids into not only exceptional academic students with great communication skills, it has made them teenagers that are articulate, concise, compassionate, and proud of their own accomplishments. Ridgeview has had an impact on how my students think not only about themselves, but just as important, how they think about their fellow students, their school, their community, and their country. I know I will be sending my students off into the world of adulthood with a confidence in themselves that will be an asset to them no matter what their endeavors. My students converse with any age group from many walks of life with poise and confidence. They have thoughtful input on their future, and the future of the world around them. The teachers at Ridgeview obviously love to teach and appear to be genuinely interested in their students From History and Latin, Math to Music I would recommend Ridgeview to any parent who is looking for a school that brings out the best in their children, academically and individually.

Posted April 17, 2014
We have been with Ridgeview for five years now. We've had some ups & downs, but I dont see the grass being greener anyplace else. School is hard work for both parents & students. Each student is a little different, so is each family. What makes these reviews humorous is that we know exactly what we are getting when we signed up - we all sign paperwork stating that we understand the dress code/agree to support it, the same for character, homework, and the overall rigor. Has every teacher been our favorite? No. Has every day been heaven? Of course not. The good teachers though are incredible better than anything I ever had.. The leadership has changed. Such things happen. We ve been happy with the new leadership. The school has become even more classically oriented, it s clear it values our values, and the kids have more opportunities than ever before. At the end of the day it is a school of choice, and each year we are free to make a decision about whether to return. I can t imagine leaving, but it s probable that we choose to return for some of the same reasons others choose not to. The kids here have it very good IMO, far better than any other students I have met.

Ridgeview Classical Charter Schools 3

Posted April 13, 2014
I have 3 children at RCS now, the leadership needs improvement. The uniform code is not upheld for every student. The assistant principal's step daughter is allowed to wear items that don't line up with policy continuously, while other kids get sent to the office for wearing brown boots that clearly fall within the policy. Teacher turn over this year has been quite high due to the new leadership. My son has had 3 different teachers THIS YEAR, they need to gain stability somehow.

Posted December 23, 2013
I used to go to this school as a Part time student, and I feel that it was a better school then the one I was a full time student at. If I had the opportunity to, I would have wanted to graduate from this school. The teachers are willing to help you learn and answer any questions you may have when learning. At the other school I was going to, I had to wait whenever I emailed a teacher a question (mostly because it was an online school) but at Ridgeview I felt like I was challenged and learned more. -Former Student

Posted December 20, 2013
I wonder about the value of anonymous reviews. 4 of my kids attended RCS, one from the start. 2 graduated, the last is a senior. I know parents leave without ever talking to a teacher or without providing feedback to RCS. Feedback is always solicited. Some never bother to check facts versus gossip. FACTS: there has NEVER been an RCS elementary class over 31 students. RCS has a high number of special needs students. Parents have told me they pull their kids BEFORE high school to get the elementary rigor but want the "easier" grades their kids will get from other senior high schools to make it easier for their kids to get into college. I prefer to pursue education for the sake of education. I'd rather have my kids get educated "C's" at RCS than easy "A's" elsewhere. A HUGE part of my kid's education at RCS is, thankfully, the "conversation"; examine all sides of a topic with true academic freedom, for learning's sake. Frankly, all kids may not achieve at a rigorous level, one of mine didn't, AND I don't blame RCS! Thanks for school choice! If it doesn't work for me I can leave. I long for space to address the "elitist" slur. As if real learning is somehow demeaning.

Ridgeview Classical Charter Schools 1

Posted December 06, 2013
Seriously. This school was horrible. Teachers were far more willing to accept a 7 page paper of useless information and filler words than they were a 3 page paper of actual content and concise points.

Posted December 04, 2013
How I measure Ridgeview Classical School's success is via the discussions I am able to have with my daughter who is a Junior there and has attended Ridgeview since 3rd Grade. I have also read the thought provoking articles that she brings home. She is able to discuss politics, ethical concerns as well as intellectual ones. Bravo Ridgeview. I suppose an improvement would be a more comprehensive sports and fitness program. I am not opposed to competitive team sports or identifying those who excel in those areas if they wish to pursue sports as their career. It is another area that strengthens discipline. Also an animal program would be nice or art therapy as vocational pursuits, perhaps during the summer academy. How to start your own business would also be a great class as I do not think that option is emphasized enough.

Posted December 03, 2013
I've written a post before concerning Ridgeview Classical Schools before. I will write one again. Although I failed to put the star ratings on it. I am going to do it again. As a previous parent and employee of Ridgeview Classical Schools. I give it five stars. Not just for the education but as a great place to work for as well. I have three children. One whom graduated and because of the education he received I am not worried about him making it in this world. I believe because of the education, support, and diversity they have to offer is why he is going to be great in whatever path he chooses! My other two children. I had hoped they too would be able to graduate sadly cannot due to the fact we had to move out if state for my husbands employment. I believe that they have what it takes to help your student achieve the highest potential. I've enjoyed the students and staff. :). Your child or children are in great hands! If ya can't come there because of distance I encourage you to check out other charter schools as well. Your child will receive far better education in Charter vs. Public. Hands down Ridgeview Rocks!!

Posted November 02, 2013
It really surprises me how often disgruntled parents will say that Ridgeview is elitist considering that it has a higher percentage of students with learning disabilities and autism spectrum disorders per capita than the vast majority of schools in the district. Nearly every child who transfers into Ridgeview will find themselves behind the curve. The curriculum is rigorous and many children will begin a semester failing subjects they may have done well in in other schools. It takes time to determine a student's strengths and weaknesses and apply this knowledge to help a student succeed. This process usually takes the first few of months of school or, in the case of one of my children, a couple of years because of his pronounced learning disabilities. It does take a certain amount of perseverance on the part of the student and the parents. In all honesty, a classical school of any kind is not for every child and family and many parents move their children to public school around junior high because they feel their child needs to experience a broader social environment with more activities. It rarely has anything to do with academics.

Ridgeview Classical Charter Schools
1800 South Lemay Ave, Fort Collins, CO  80525
Last modified Ridgeview Classical Charter Schools is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ridgeview Classical Charter Schools Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 85 reviews. Top