Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

We are continually amazed at how much the teachers care for their students. They also are constantly finding unique way to teach the students a certain topic or subject.

Amount of homework: Agree

We have felt that the amount of homework given has been appropriate for their grade level. The homework either prepares them for the following day's discussions or reinforces what they are learning during the day.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Ridgeview discusses their character pillars regularly and encourages the students to display good character daily.

I went here from 9th grade until I graduated high school. I made great friends and had a few truly excellent, inspirational teachers, but I also had multiple teachers (particularly ones that taught history and government related classes) who were overwhelmingly biased and even frequently told blatant lies or made up stories to further their own narratives about our world. I would frequently come home after history class and feel a need to fact check my teachers; more often than not I would find that they were thoroughly wrong on the topics I had researched myself. Also at Ridgeview there is a culture of conformity. Self expression often seems discouraged and students can be severely punished for "disrespecting teachers" when in truth all that happened were mere disagreements. And, although respect towards teachers is a paramount rule within this school, teachers frequently disrespect and make fun of students; the principal himself has presented ad hominem attacks against students during debates about things like paternity leave, the black lives matter movement, or the wage gap. I have nothing against tongue and cheek banter, but what I'm talking about here is beyond that. Student council at this school is for all intents and purposes run by the administration. As such students have no real say in the frequent changes that come to the school. The current principal seems to want the school to be a place for deeply conservative minded young people to become even more staunch in their views, rather than a place for real discourse, debate, and discussion. Also this place abstains from teaching any kind of sex-ed, which I believe leads to a deeply misinformed student body when it comes to sex and sexual identity. The school claims to be a place for students who like a challenge or enjoy difficult and truly stimulating classes and conversation. If that describes your student however, the IB program at Poudre, or the AP programs at Fossil or Rocky would be better, in my opinion, and would probably set up your student to be more likely to get into top colleges with top scholarships. DISCLAIMER: I did not attend Ridgeview in middle school or in the lower grades. My review is based in my experiences predominantly in the high school. Please do not judge their middle school based on what I've said.

The students that I know that go to this school are very prideful and they are taught to act this way by the teachers.

I love the way my students think outside the box, and carry themselves as responsible teenagers! Ridgeview Classical Schools has contributed to the molding and shaping of my kids into not only exceptional academic students with great communication skills, it has made them teenagers that are articulate, concise, compassionate, and proud of their own accomplishments. Ridgeview has had an impact on how my students think not only about themselves, but just as important, how they think about their fellow students, their school, their community, and their country. I know I will be sending my students off into the world of adulthood with a confidence in themselves that will be an asset to them no matter what their endeavors. My students converse with any age group from many walks of life with poise and confidence. They have thoughtful input on their future, and the future of the world around them. The teachers at Ridgeview obviously love to teach and appear to be genuinely interested in their students From History and Latin, Math to Music I would recommend Ridgeview to any parent who is looking for a school that brings out the best in their children, academically and individually.

We have been with Ridgeview for five years now. We've had some ups & downs, but I dont see the grass being greener anyplace else. School is hard work for both parents & students. Each student is a little different, so is each family. What makes these reviews humorous is that we know exactly what we are getting when we signed up - we all sign paperwork stating that we understand the dress code/agree to support it, the same for character, homework, and the overall rigor. Has every teacher been our favorite? No. Has every day been heaven? Of course not. The good teachers though are incredible better than anything I ever had.. The leadership has changed. Such things happen. We ve been happy with the new leadership. The school has become even more classically oriented, it s clear it values our values, and the kids have more opportunities than ever before. At the end of the day it is a school of choice, and each year we are free to make a decision about whether to return. I can t imagine leaving, but it s probable that we choose to return for some of the same reasons others choose not to. The kids here have it very good IMO, far better than any other students I have met.

I have 3 children at RCS now, the leadership needs improvement. The uniform code is not upheld for every student. The assistant principal's step daughter is allowed to wear items that don't line up with policy continuously, while other kids get sent to the office for wearing brown boots that clearly fall within the policy. Teacher turn over this year has been quite high due to the new leadership. My son has had 3 different teachers THIS YEAR, they need to gain stability somehow.

I used to go to this school as a Part time student, and I feel that it was a better school then the one I was a full time student at. If I had the opportunity to, I would have wanted to graduate from this school. The teachers are willing to help you learn and answer any questions you may have when learning. At the other school I was going to, I had to wait whenever I emailed a teacher a question (mostly because it was an online school) but at Ridgeview I felt like I was challenged and learned more. -Former Student

I wonder about the value of anonymous reviews. 4 of my kids attended RCS, one from the start. 2 graduated, the last is a senior. I know parents leave without ever talking to a teacher or without providing feedback to RCS. Feedback is always solicited. Some never bother to check facts versus gossip. FACTS: there has NEVER been an RCS elementary class over 31 students. RCS has a high number of special needs students. Parents have told me they pull their kids BEFORE high school to get the elementary rigor but want the "easier" grades their kids will get from other senior high schools to make it easier for their kids to get into college. I prefer to pursue education for the sake of education. I'd rather have my kids get educated "C's" at RCS than easy "A's" elsewhere. A HUGE part of my kid's education at RCS is, thankfully, the "conversation"; examine all sides of a topic with true academic freedom, for learning's sake. Frankly, all kids may not achieve at a rigorous level, one of mine didn't, AND I don't blame RCS! Thanks for school choice! If it doesn't work for me I can leave. I long for space to address the "elitist" slur. As if real learning is somehow demeaning.

Last modified Ridgeview Classical Charter Schools is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.