Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

School takes action based on feedback. Great and experienced staff present for special needs. Principal Mr. Horkey is very proactive and has brought great improvements in the past two years. My kid with special needs and IEP received excellent support here. Special needs families travel here from outside the zoned areas and also from bordering loveland. Provides bus service to the west side neighborhood of timberline road.

Great school! I have sent two kids through Bacon and two threw another. Bacon is incredible. They have a top notch special education program.

This school is a gem! We were new to Fort Collins & had previously always had our kids in parochial schools. Didn't like our options in FC and tried Bacon. The school welcomed our kids and made them feel part of the community from the moment they stepped into the building. The teachers, academics & families are GREAT. Character building is interwoven into the school day and the school provides a plethora of enrichment activities for kids who want to expand their learning beyond the regular subjects. The atmosphere is incredible; there's a calmness & happiness projected by the staff that is so refreshing. Hats off to the principal who clearly has a vision for what the elementary school experience should be about!

We spent a few years at this school. The teachers were wonderful people and there were plenty of opportunities for parental involvement. However, we do not feel our children progressed as much as they should have. There is little emphasis on individual student development, even when parents are eager to push their children. Students who fall behind are not given extra work, nor encouraged to catch up. Additionally, there appears to be a lack of leadership and elucidated goals.

Wonderful! We've been very happy there academiclly and socially!! We have only been there one year but it feels like "Home".

An amazing school... our daughter has gone through 2,3 & now 4th grade at Bacon. Our son is in full day kindergarten. I have yet to have a bad experience with a teacher. Mrs. Poduska and Mrs. Biedscheid are simply amazing. I was thinking about trying for the 'Core Knowledge' schools when we first got here... I am so happy we didn't. Bacon is amazing!

This is our first year at Bacon. The staff is wonderful, and there is quite a community feel to the school. Lots of parent involvement too. We are proud to be part of the Bacon family!

My son attended preschool here and I cannot say enough about the preschool program and teachers. They are wonderful, loving teachers who have given him a strong foundation to start kindergarden next year. We pulled him out of another public preK school b/c we were not happy and have bee very impressed here!

My daughter has thrived in this school. She was home schooled until she started school in the thrid grade. Mrs Kurtz did an amazing job of helping us adjust. My only problem with the school is the food they serve. I went to have lunch with my daughter and saw the food the school was serving and I thought is was far from healthy.

Last modified Bacon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.