Fort Collins, CO

Bacon Elementary School 2

Posted November 05, 2014
The classes end at 3:45 and school closes at 4:00 pm. My kid rides the bus and reaches home at 4:00 pm. My kid being autistic often forgets either his planner or lunch box. Recently he forgot lunch box for 3 days in a row. We send home lunch in order to bring any improvements possible with a planned diet. We have run out of lunch boxes now. So I went to the school with my kid at 4:02. The staff were present inside, after school programs were also on but doors were closed for outside. Staff would stare from inside but won't open the doors. I waited for someone to come out and after 10 mins a staff member did come out but despite our pleas just closed the door saying it is their "policy" not to allow anyone after 4 pm. Explained and pleaded for my kid's situation but failed to find any soft corner. "Policy" word was repeatedly hurled at us. Felt helpless and humiliated. Schools were supposed to be for kids. They want peace after 4 p.m. Let the kids and parents go... The policy appears to have been made for the betterment and benefit of the staff only. Other schools have ample time from classes to actual school close time e.g. 3:10 pm to 4:00 pm.

Posted September 22, 2014
This school is a gem! We were new to Fort Collins & had previously always had our kids in parochial schools. Didn't like our options in FC and tried Bacon. The school welcomed our kids and made them feel part of the community from the moment they stepped into the building. The teachers, academics & families are GREAT. Character building is interwoven into the school day and the school provides a plethora of enrichment activities for kids who want to expand their learning beyond the regular subjects. The atmosphere is incredible; there's a calmness & happiness projected by the staff that is so refreshing. Hats off to the principal who clearly has a vision for what the elementary school experience should be about!

Bacon Elementary School 3

Posted August 27, 2013
We spent a few years at this school. The teachers were wonderful people and there were plenty of opportunities for parental involvement. However, we do not feel our children progressed as much as they should have. There is little emphasis on individual student development, even when parents are eager to push their children. Students who fall behind are not given extra work, nor encouraged to catch up. Additionally, there appears to be a lack of leadership and elucidated goals.

Bacon Elementary School 4

Posted May 16, 2013
Wonderful! We've been very happy there academiclly and socially!! We have only been there one year but it feels like "Home".

Posted April 16, 2010
An amazing school... our daughter has gone through 2,3 & now 4th grade at Bacon. Our son is in full day kindergarten. I have yet to have a bad experience with a teacher. Mrs. Poduska and Mrs. Biedscheid are simply amazing. I was thinking about trying for the 'Core Knowledge' schools when we first got here... I am so happy we didn't. Bacon is amazing!

Posted January 24, 2010
This is our first year at Bacon. The staff is wonderful, and there is quite a community feel to the school. Lots of parent involvement too. We are proud to be part of the Bacon family!

Posted January 14, 2010
My son attended preschool here and I cannot say enough about the preschool program and teachers. They are wonderful, loving teachers who have given him a strong foundation to start kindergarden next year. We pulled him out of another public preK school b/c we were not happy and have bee very impressed here!

Posted November 18, 2009

Posted July 28, 2009

Bacon Elementary School 4

Posted August 11, 2008
My daughter has thrived in this school. She was home schooled until she started school in the thrid grade. Mrs Kurtz did an amazing job of helping us adjust. My only problem with the school is the food they serve. I went to have lunch with my daughter and saw the food the school was serving and I thought is was far from healthy.

Bacon Elementary School
5844 South Timberline Rd, Fort Collins, CO  80528
Last modified Bacon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bacon Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top