Ungraded
Fort Collins, CO

Posted August 22, 2014
We are starting our 2nd year here and we absolutely love it. We were a bit nervous about the school because it's a 30-minute drive for us, but after last year, we know we'll continue to make the drive for the next 5 years so both our children can go! We watched our daughter grow from a child who could never entertain herself into an extremely imaginative, confident, self-directed person who takes great pride in the "work" she does - at school and at home. To answer the concerns I've read in other reviews... Re: phone not getting answered... It's true. No one is on staff purely for administration, so every teacher is focused on what they're supposed to be doing - teaching. If you really need to get ahold of them, they say to keep calling (they'll notice and realize it's an emergency,) or text. I've found both of these suggestions to work just fine. Teachers being instructed "not to talk about the child's day": they actually talk about this in the handbook. The Montessori approach respects children as fully-formed human beings and the teachers believe it's rude to talk *about* someone right in front of them. If there's anything you need to know - they'll call or write a note.

Posted August 14, 2013
My daughter entered this school as a shy 3 year old with many anxiety problem. The teaching style is just perfect for her, and I contribute most of her change in confidence to Discovery Montessori. We are excited to start one more preschool year!

Discovery Montessori 1

Posted March 28, 2013
No one ever answers the phone when you call, and the after-hours caregivers are instructed not to tell parents about their child's day. The "Directress" does not run this school in keeping with Montessori philosophy. If I could give it ZERO stars, I would.

Posted October 17, 2011
We have been a Discovery Family for almost 5 years. All 3 of my children have gone here since they turned 2 1/2. The loving and nurturing environment that is provided for them is incredible. And you won't find another pre-school in Fort Collins that offers the diversity of experiences that kids at Discovery Montessori receive. Where else can you ride horses, learn French, make pottery, plant a vegetable garden and run a farmers market and make home made applesauce all in one day??? Montessori learning and structure isn't for everyone, but if you, like me, want your child to leave Preschool well-rounded and eager to learn. Then this is the place!!!

Posted September 28, 2011
My children have thrived here. The child-centered approach to learning has given my now 1st grader the drive and desire to pursue his educational interests. The staff is supportive and caring without dominating the classroom or lessons - the way a Montessori teacher should be!

Posted December 04, 2010
I have had all of my four children attend this school and so I can and do PERSONALLY give my vote to Discovery Montessori. The staff is well trained and cares deeply for the children. My youngest child is now thriving in 1st grade and our oldest is preparing for her second year in College. The amount of passion that Mrs. McGovern has for her school is evident with how meticulous she is for following through with her profound knowledge of Maria Montessori and her educational philosophy.

Discovery Montessori 2

Posted November 07, 2010
We decided not to send our child back to this school. We have a long list of reasons why not. There are a couple of really great teachers at the school and several really unfriendly and/or unqualified. There are better choices out there!

Discovery Montessori 1

Posted February 07, 2010
Terrible, terrible school... no parental information, thinks they're superior but really awful. I took my son out mid-year. Don't send your child here!

Posted July 28, 2008