Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (2 responses)

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted May 06, 2016
Jada at front desk keeps everything going no matter how busy or whatever's happening and is friendly .

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted May 06, 2016
Some teachers very good. Some too inexperienced and not given enough supervision. Some experienced but not very skilled.

Develops respect: Agree

Posted May 06, 2016
Some teachers not well trained or too busy so issues in class with respect. Other teachers great.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted May 06, 2016
Students and teachers usually nice and respectful. Like all schools, a few issues now and then but nothing like stories from regular PSD schools.

T.R. Paul Academy Of Arts & Knowledge 3

Posted May 06, 2016
Big on arts, performance, cultures and history. Teachers mixed bag at all levels. Band teacher is awesome! Inferior gifted and talented program. Art teacher is good and helps kids win contests but given little time so has to push kids really hard.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted May 04, 2016
Shannon Keigan is our school's human resource manager, chief financial officer, and data submission executive but she doesn't limit her duties to those areas. This year she has collaboratively taught classes in finance, small business, speech, and debate. Shannon has also advised a group of 3rd grade students who successfully lobbied for the return of a salad bar option at school and are now working on acquiring a compost bin for recycling the food refuse from school breakfast and lunch! She has served as mentor to a group of entrepeneurs in 4th grade who wanted to start a school store and have accomplished this as a way to provide funds to classrooms. Shannon has even enlisted her family in support positions as her mother, a retired teacher, is an active substitute for the school. In her "spare" time, Shannon writes grants for the school to give us much needed program in wellness and nutrition. Shannon also provides behavioral and emotional support to a number of student in grades K-5. Currently, Shannon is out of school for three days as she is chaperoning 5th grade students on an Eco-week trip. Shannon's dedication to our school is often unnoticed. We are all extremely grateful to this young person's support for our school. We love and appreciate you Shannon Keigan!

T.R. Paul Academy Of Arts & Knowledge 1

Posted March 11, 2015
This school has an amazing focus and philosophy, but does not deliver on it. The administration of the school has been lacking since the beginning, having gone through about 9 principals in 9 years. Students are seen as dollar signs, and there are multiple fundraisers throughout the year. They are in major debt, operating in the red with a budget that shows more debt at the end of the year. WIth the charter renewal coming, they may not even be around much longer. Do your research, check out lots of schools. My kids are now at a school in PSD with netbooks in their classroom for every student in 4/5 grade, amazing music programs, choir and drama. In addition, the teachers are stable and are not looking for better paying, better supported positions in the district.

T.R. Paul Academy Of Arts & Knowledge 5

Posted January 31, 2015
My oldest has been attending this school for two years and I am excited to send my middle child there for kindergarten next year! I have already talked to my son's former kindergarten teacher about having my daughter next year, and she is excited. I have seen other people's complaints on this sight about staff turn-over and if that was happening in the past, I don't see it happening now. My son is getting a top-notch, well-rounded education. He has art class two or three times a week, music class twice a week, drama class once a week, and PE once a week. That is in addition to the core classes. The school also recently debuted an app, and it is great!!

T.R. Paul Academy Of Arts & Knowledge 4

Posted January 14, 2015
My son had nothing but problems in public school and the teachers at the public schools were not willing to help, all of that changed when we started at TPAK. I adore the new principle, she was my son's teacher our first year at TPAK, so we were able to really get to know her on a personal level, she worked with my son, gave him all the tools he needed to be successful, and I have nothing but positive things to say about her, so when I found out she was going to be the principle I was thrilled. I feel like I am walking through the halls of Fame when I go to the school to pick up my son! The before and after program is wonderful and Mr. Brad who is also the gym teacher is fantastic. My son has done great while attending TPAK, and I highly recommend TPAK for teaching a different way of learning, one that works for us!!!

T.R. Paul Academy Of Arts & Knowledge 3

Posted November 26, 2014
There are good and bad things about the school. The curriculum is not as challenging as many of the parents boast about. I encourage any parent to research Mosaica and make their own judgements on this. After leaving the school my child was tested in reading and found to be an entire grade level behind. Most Teachers don't work as a cohesive team and I am finding that when teachers do work together the kids benefit tremendously. The new principal is a wonderful and educated person, but is often spread too thin with all the responsibilities of shoring up a financially struggling charter school. I found the extra hours Mosaica requires in the classroom to be filled with fluff activities just to get through the time. This all being said, I think TPAAK is the right fit for some kids. It's a close community where parents can be involved. The smaller school provides comfort for kids who struggle in big schools. It also accommodates the schedules of working parents. Shining star students really stand out. Many teachers are right out of college and enthusiastic. A lack of classroom management skills does exist. Some love TPAAK and others are looking for more in a school.

4512 Mcmurry Ave., Fort Collins, CO  80525
Last modified T.R. Paul Academy Of Arts & Knowledge is a Charter school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.