Public charter
Fort Collins, CO
Before care: Yes

T.R. Paul Academy Of Arts & Knowledge 3

Posted November 26, 2014
There are good and bad things about the school. The curriculum is not as challenging as many of the parents boast about. I encourage any parent to research Mosaica and make their own judgements on this. After leaving the school my child was tested in reading and found to be an entire grade level behind. Most Teachers don't work as a cohesive team and I am finding that when teachers do work together the kids benefit tremendously. The new principal is a wonderful and educated person, but is often spread too thin with all the responsibilities of shoring up a financially struggling charter school. I found the extra hours Mosaica requires in the classroom to be filled with fluff activities just to get through the time. This all being said, I think TPAAK is the right fit for some kids. It's a close community where parents can be involved. The smaller school provides comfort for kids who struggle in big schools. It also accommodates the schedules of working parents. Shining star students really stand out. Many teachers are right out of college and enthusiastic. A lack of classroom management skills does exist. Some love TPAAK and others are looking for more in a school.

Posted September 28, 2014
I love the drive and the spirit of this school. I love how the teaching team collaborates. We have the common goal of providing the best learning environment possible for the students. I love that music and art are an integrated part of every school day. And most of all, I love being a teacher at TPAAK and working to help students bring out the best of their talents. This is indeed, a great place to be. :-)

Posted September 23, 2014
This is a for profit charter school. Good teachers leave because why else would you work for such low pay!!!

Posted September 17, 2014
T.R. Paul is a great school!!! I have two kids at the school who are thriving and growing educationally. We have been extremely happy with most (everybody has at least one bad teacher) of the teachers at TPAAK. They take the time to help my children learn at their own pace and encourage doing above grade level work. The principal is the best this school has ever had!! She is caring and really does a fabulous job. Mrs. Nakagawa is approachable and willing to listen and help with any situation, my kids and I both love her! I could not imagine a better place to put kids. Everybody that has a conversation with my kids can tell they are getting a high quality education and can see that they LOVE their school! Thank you TPAAK!

Posted September 16, 2014
I love this school! I love the curriculum and how approachable the teachers, principal, and board are. In a tough financial climate, I find that good choices and decisions are being made. I don't like how, as in any setting, one or two disgruntled employees or parents can skew things in a negative direction. My children have had fabulous teachers and support. Their progress and test scores reflect this. The Charter was changed from K-8 to K-5. It was voted on last year to go into effect this year - not mid year. This foresight allowed parents and families to plan ahead and make informed decisions. I appreciate that my school leaders are open about topics and welcome input and questions re clarification.

Posted September 16, 2014
Do NOT send your child(ren) here. Unbelievable that this school is still going. I give it one, maybe 2 years tops before it closes. There is ZERO communication among teachers, the principal, and/or parents. The school is ALWAYS in dire need of funds, they can't it together. The "board" is a joke, constantly making changes that benefit their inflated egos. The principal outright lies and hides when there are issues. They cut their Grade 6-8 program in the **middle of the year** last year. They laid off staff and change curriculum in the **middle of the school** year. My children are NOT there for their trial and error period. I had to move them after being there a year. Worst year of their academic lives.......

Posted September 15, 2014
Due to major financial troubles, and extremely poor administration, the school is cutting corners everywhere it can to stay solvent. The school is poorly run, lacks open and honest communication with staff and parents. I would advise anyone looking at this school to look elsewhere, as it's doubtful it will even be open in a year.

T.R. Paul Academy Of Arts & Knowledge 4

Posted August 11, 2014
TPAAK offers my daughter so many opportunities to learn and grow. The elementary school band, choir, drama, and art opportunities are numerous. Children have the chance to preform and take on new challenges often. We find the Paragon instruction (a mixture of history, social studies, and art unique to TPAAK) to be a great piece of the overall education puzzle. I want my children to be great at science, math, and literacy but I am also trying to raise global citizens with cultural literacy and Paragon is a key to that. The teachers and administration are hard working, caring, and immensely talented. The board and PTLO work tirelessly to support the students, staff, and greater TPAAK community. I especially appreciate that the PTLO and Board insulate students from fundraising. My daughter has never been asked to sell or peddle anything as happens so often at other school. At times the school day and year seem a bit long, but I know my child is benefiting from the additional time at school learning, creating, and engaging with her peers. TPAAK students are excelling. Students have made great showings in art competitions, science fairs, OM competitions, band and drama opportunities.

T.R. Paul Academy Of Arts & Knowledge 4

Posted June 16, 2014
TPAAK offers an educational opportunity for students who need the individualized instruction and personal care that a smaller school setting can give. The principal and staff show genuine concern about children, academically and personally. Character education is included as an integral part of the curriculum. Teachers within the same grade level collaborate and the support staff (special education) also works with the general education faculty to provide meaningful instruction to students. The school is currently expanding the Gifted Education program. If your child does not fit the "one size" educational experience offered at many schools, take a tour of TR Paul Academy and talk to the staff!

T.R. Paul Academy Of Arts & Knowledge 2

Posted June 04, 2014
Extremely unprofessional working environment. There is very little collaboration across grade levels and the 2 monthly staff meetings are often cancelled. Leadership is weak and consists of inconsistencies, threats and gossip. On an upside, parent involvement is strong and T.R. Paul's parent organization is probably the best part of the school. While many of the teachers at the school are extremely talented, they are not supported, and spread very thin. This leads to a high turnover rate due to a lack of support and respect. Long hours and low pay...strongly discourage teachers to subject themselves to such a discouraging place of employment.

T.R. Paul Academy Of Arts & Knowledge
4512 Mcmurry Ave., Fort Collins, CO  80525
Last modified T.R. Paul Academy Of Arts & Knowledge is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
T.R. Paul Academy Of Arts & Knowledge Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 128 reviews. Top