No rating

Heritage Christian Academy

Private | PK-12 | 248 students

Living in Fort Collins

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $229,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $670.

Posted September 12, 2013

As a current student at Heritage, I can not help but speak great things for this school. I began here last year, and everyone greeted me with open arms and hearts, and were so accepting. The previous post mentions several groups that have gone to school with each other since kindergarten, but I do have to disagree with the "cliquey-ness" point. Coming from a nearby public school with well distinguished "in-crowds", Heritage has zero exclusive circles. Academic wise, I've always been in the top of my class. HCA offers a rigorous college prep curriculum that I've really enjoyed. Most importantly, the presence of God can be felt coming in the front doors, with the bubbly front office staff, and smiling students in the hallways. This is, in my opinion, the greatest school in Fort Collins, and if you want your child to graduate well-educated, with a strong relationship with Christ, Heritage Christian is the place to enroll!!

Posted September 12, 2013

I was a student at HCA for a few years in junior high and high school. The teaching staff and administration is wonderful: with small class sizes, they take the time to get to know each and every student. The facility is manageable: with little to no windows, you feel like you walk into an incubator at 8am and then leave back into the world at 3. The curriculum is preparatory: the art of taking notes and learning in a lecture-type classroom setting is similar to what you see in college. The students, however, are my biggest complaint. There is a distinct cleave between those who have been attending since kindergarten (and parents are either teachers or on the school board) and the rest of the student body. At Heritage, social circles are incredibly inclusive. Popularity contests are an issue. My one hesitation in recommending this school would be preparing your child for a school that has just as many -- if not more -- social issues than your typical public school.

Posted September 12, 2013

Heritage Christian Academy is more than just a school. Here is where lives are impacted in many ways; to show God's light in these kiddos and this world. The teachers, administrators, staff, students, parents and anyone who doesn't fit in one of those categories are like family to us. I have seen great triumphs and great tragedies befall families of this school and other families come around to support; whatever the needs. My son came to HCA as a 1st grader and now is in 7th grade and I am very happy to say he will graduate from here with life-long friends. My daughter started pre-k and she too will follow her brothers footsteps through HCA. It's not just a school; it's God's love in action. Thank you HCA for all you do!

Posted September 12, 2013

We relocated to the area from a small, rural town. It was culture-shock for our daughter, then an eighth-grader. She is an only child, quiet, reserved and studious. She had been in Gifted & Talented program since grade 2. For two years, we tried to make a go of it in public school. Our formerly happy, competent and flourishing daughter was foundering, lonely, failing to thrive in any way. We believe God led us to Heritage Christian Academy. Our daughter is in her second year at HCA where she has she found the strength, guidance, faith and community she needed to be restored. We are very grateful to everyone at HCA.

Posted July 12, 2013

We moved to Fort Collins earlier this year (2013) and I toured/researched numerous private and public schools in the area before deciding on Heritage. I selected Heritage because of the joy and genuine love for learning I saw in the children attending. The genuine caring, respect and admiration the students have for the staff (and vice versa) is unlike anything I have ever seen before. My daughter has flourished at Heritage and has transformed from a child who was indifferent about school to a child who dreads summer vacation because of how much she misses being at school. Administration went above and beyond to help her get caught up academically because she was 2 years behind in math. They created a special program (at no extra cost) to help get her caught up and with extra tutoring and summer school, she should be joining her classmates in math classes this upcoming school year. She was previously a B/C student and loves school so much she works harder and is now averaging A's and B's. Heritage isn't just a school, it's a nurturing environment and special community made up of staff and parents that work towards creating a happy, fulfilling educational experience.

Posted July 1, 2013

Greatly disappointed in the inability of this school. We placed our children here for several years and, in the end, our rights as parents were directly undermined. There is more to raising children into being strong, Christian leaders than faith verbiage, academic demands, and athletics - the first priority should be backing up parental guidance and concerns. Unfortunately, our experience was that parental support is not lived out through the teachers and faculty at Heritage. Please, be wise...don't invest your children in a school which can be swayed by a socialistic society.

Posted September 27, 2011

PROVERB 22.6 : Train up a child in a way he should go and when he is old, he will not depart from it. Our daughter earns her BA from CSU in 3 and a half years, and our son is being persured by Colo. School of MInes, MIT, and Yale. Need we say more? Thumbs way up!

Posted September 13, 2011

I have had the privilege of having 3 of my children attend Heritage. The first graduated 3 years ago and is currently at CSU as a premed major who has been on the dean's list every semester. The second began attending Heritage in junior high. I removed him from 2 different junior highs in our district due to constant bullying. When he started at Heritage he was not sure of his faith. Since starting Heritage and for the last 4 years he has grown as an individual that is strong in his faith and he has excelled academically and socially. He can't wait for the school year to begin each year and is looking forward to graduating this coming spring and going on to college. My third student to attend was at Heritage for 3 years. She grew in her faith while attending Heritage and academically she was 2 years ahead of her peers. I could not recommend Heritage highly enough. It has been excellent for our family. The administration, staff, students, and other families are very supportive of one another and all work together to provide the best academic program anywhere while maintaining high moral values and christian beliefs.

Posted March 6, 2011

I was a part of the first graduating class after Heritage became HCA. I am blessed and proud to put it down as my Alma Mater. I spent six years in the public school system and six in the private Christian school system (four of those years at another private Christian school) and would definitely say that Heritage was the best by far and challenged me in ways the other schools couldn't begin to. It's one thing to be challenged and grow, and its another to excel and remain the same. I would recommend Heritage to anyone who wants to be challenged and to grow academically, personally, and spiritually. This school is also great for those who want to know their classmates, each and every one, and know their teachers and each person know know you in return.

Posted August 30, 2010

My children have absolutely THRIVED since attending HCA, not only academically, but spiritually, socially and emotionally as well. They are excited for Monday morning and can barely make it through the summers. The teachers care about each individual student. They strive to teach the whole person and have equipped them with ways to use their personalities for God's glory and the benefit of those around them. I love the curriculum and how much it challenges even my academically exceptional son. My daughter, who struggles more, has been kept from becoming frustrated by her teacher's patience and encouragement. The programs are complimented by the commitment and involvement of the families represented by HCA. I could not speak highly enough of this amazing school!

Posted August 28, 2010

Our son has attended Heritage since the 4th grade after transferring from public school. We are so impressed with the caliber, leadership and character of the teachers, staff and coaches - it has been such a huge blessing. The tuition is so much more reasonable than a number of secular schools we looked at. Heritage has a very strong family atmosphere and the students (as well as faculty) encourage and support each other mentally, spiritually and emotionally. The sports program is top-notch. Academically they begin to prepare for college and college work-load long before High School. I wish that I had had such support and preparation prior to college.

Posted August 27, 2010

Our family has been involved with Heritage for the past 15 years and believe it to be a school that has exceeded the highest standards that one could expect from a school. It really is more than just a school providing a community that rallies around the education of future generations. It is producing men and women who love God and desire to serve his purposes in this broken world. We highly recommend it to any family who desires the best in academic, spiritual, physical, and emotional growth.

Posted August 27, 2010

I continue to be impressed with the environment at Heritage. When I scheduled our first family conference w/the principal in grade school (over a responsibility issue at home which manifested itself in constant tardiness at school) he was prepared with God's word. He started with prayer. He didn't treat our son like he was a "bad boy" but instead, with grace-filled authority made it clear to him through scripture that this issue was about self-governance. This school supports my family with a biblical world-view and is a ministry to us. The staff, teachers and administration are wholly dedicated to Christ and His ministry at Heritage. I am praying for an Exodus of parents who are committed to Christ and will bring them up in the way they should go. Prepare them with the phenomenal academic and spiritual resources at Heritage Christian Academy.

Posted August 12, 2009

Wow - I read the post from March 31, 2009 and couldn't disagree more. Our daughter graduated from Heritage and was accepted into an extremely competitive college. Her professors consistently praise her writing abilities, one telling her that she writes like a graduate student. She directly attributes this to the pursuit of academic excellence at Heritage...The teachers have worked with all three of our kids, but have never once 'coddled' or held their hands through difficult assignments...We view Heritage as a very grace-oriented environment (not at all legalistic)...and while we know of one charismatic family out of 140, we haven't experienced anything the school has done to portray a charismatic leaning - at all ...Our entire family is very involved in the school and recognize that families not quite as involved may have their own unique perspectives. But for those who like to 'plug in', we couldn't recommend HCA more highly!

Posted March 31, 2009

Our high school student left Heritage after attending for three years to attend the public high school. She was a straight A, 4.2 GPA student at Heritage. We had been told how much harder the curriculum was at Heritage, but she has actually experienced the opposite at the local public school. Her classes in public school are much more rigourous. Some teachers at Heritage tend to coddle the students too much and may not be preparing them for the rigourous academic environment they will face in college with professors who will not hold their hands Some students and their families in Heritage (but not the teachers) have begun to take a legalistic approach to their faith and the school tends to be honoring families with a more charismatic belief system rather than the non-denominational focus that their brochures claim.

Posted February 25, 2009

Heritage has a tough academic program that is balanced with a nurturing environment. My three children have all graduated from the school and have done will in college and in life and I give Heritage the credit. My oldest graduated as a national merit scholar. The papers they had to write really prepared them well for the writing required in college.

Posted May 19, 2008

Strong academics, 'family feel,' and well qualified teaching staff, many with Masters degrees...it is the best choice I've ever made for my 13-year-old!

Posted February 29, 2008

Our daughter attended Heritage Chrisitan for 14 years, starting in preschool. She is now a straight A student at John Brown University in Arkansas. We cannot say enough good things about Heritage. The school is strong in both spiritual development and academic growth, and does an excellent job of preparing students.

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 6% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI
  • CHSAA
  • Mile High League (Colorado)

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious