Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My son brings home so much new information everyday and loves to share with us the things he has learned. I can only believe that his teachers are play a large part in his enthusiasm for learning.

Amount of homework: Agree

I like their homework system so far. I'm sure it changes in the upper grades, but in Kinder and 1st grade, they are given a small packet each month to turn in at the end of the month. If you do one worksheet every couple of days, it's very easy to get done. There are also reading logs and at the end of the month, if you've completed your reading log, the kids get a little something from their teacher.

Develops character: Strongly agree

In Kindergarten, they had 'talk time' where they would sit in a circle and express their feelings in general or toward another student, whether good or bad, and discuss with everyone the best way for the students to resolve any conflicts. That's pretty sophisticated for kindergartners, but it really worked, to my amazement.

My son is in first grade this year and we are impressed by the amount of information he brings home to us. The school encourages parent involvement. All of the staff is super friendly and everyone seems to know every child by name. It amazes me and makes me proud when I get to walk through the hall with my son.

This is our first year at CRES and we LOVE it!! Having had an opportunity to volunteer in several classrooms, I feel I can truly say they have a great teachers, staff and principal!!

We are so pleased with our experience at Coyote Ridge Elementary! Our son's Kindergarten teacher is extremely enthusiastic, knowledgeable and supportive and we know our son is receiving a top notch education! We are extremely happy about our decision to send our child to Coyote Ridge Elementary!

We have 3 kids at Coyote Ridge and have been so impressed with their growth and development over the last 3 years. Our child was struggling with behavior after starting full-day school and both the principal and teachers worked with us and him to be sure he was not left behind and felt confident in his new surroundings. He is now thriving and excelling in both math and reading, two subjects he struggled with when he entered 1st grade. Although I was nervous with the change in principal leadership for the 2014-2015 school year, my fears have been erased. Mr Davis is so great with the kids and works with the parents to be sure everyone is treated fairly and justly. He is an excellent leader and Coyote Ridge is fortunate to have him.

My daughter loves this school. We were blown away when we found out that she'd be able to start Kindergarten because we knew she was ready! She loves her teacher and it blows my mind how much she has learned in such a short amount of time. The individual learning that happens is beyond what I expected. They keep her challenged, yet know where that very fine line is. I myself, have learned so much from the teachers there!

We have loved this school from the start. We didn't know what a wonderful place of learning we had found and we are grateful for it. The help for my daughter has been above and beyond every time. Teachers here are caring and put more time and effort into the children than is expected. I would have a hard time moving out of our home simply because we would be losing an excellent place of learning for our children.

Amazing staff, very attentive and caring. My kids absolutely LOVE the school, and the principal Mrs. Spearnak is wonderful! The school is always clean and beautiful. We feel so lucky that our children attend there!

Last modified Coyote Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.