Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Each year I hope the last year was just a bad teacher. But this seems to be a constant trend now. The teachers won't communicate with parents, even when asked too, and don't always even communicate with the principles about their own actions, but will consistently punish the child. But somehow the teacher is always considered right. I am all for supporting your staff, but no one is perfect and you should be able to admit mistakes and make a plan to move forward.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

If a child does something wrong the school makes them write an apology letter. At first this seemed like a good idea, but when they didn't follow up with anything else my child has now learned to say the words I'm sorry without meaning them and with no expectation of changing behavior. It's just a very surface level effort on the schools behalf to show integrity.

The admin say they will communicate and work with you and your child, but I have been severely disappointed in their lack of any attempt to communicate or to try and provide tools for my child. Even after I asked to develop a IEP for my child I heard nothing further from the school and my son continues to struggle with no additional resources. I have came into the school innumerous times trying to help develop a plan for my child that would work for all parties and nothing has been implemented. We will be leaving this school permanently.

really wonderful. The office staff is helpful and kind, the principal, assistant principal, and other professionals really care about each and every student. Diversity is appreciated and respected here. I feel like we hit the jackpot with my three students going here for the last 8 years...and one more year to go!!!

Kruse is awesome!! This will be our second school year. We moved here from Arizona and absolutely loved our school there (rated a 10 on great schools) and so I was very nervous that we wouldn't like this school as much but we do! The principal is totally awesome! My kids were only there for about a week when he knew them by their first names and we speak to them every time he passed them in the hallways and use their names. I think that is amazing. Both of my kids' teachers were great. We are excited for our second school year here!

We are in our second year at Kruse, and I am an incredibly happy parent. My biggest complaint is that many of the activities are difficult for a single, working parent to attend. However, I feel confident that my daughter is in good hands. As an educator, I am impressed with what she's learning. As a parent, I am confident in the teachers, staff, and principal. Their achievement levels are impressive, and my daughter wakes up stoked to go to school and comes home excited to tell me about her day. I couldn't ask for much more than that.

We love Kruse. I don't know why there hasn't been a review done since 2011 but last year we really enjoyed our 2nd year in the school. The teachers are great! The principle is amazing, he will know your child's first name by the end of the first week too! Everyone has been so friendly and welcoming. This neighborhood school is highly recommended by our family. Another thing I would like to mention is that it is more diverse then I expected and I love that!

I think that "doomed" is a bit of an overestimation. Budget cuts in PSD are minimal for next year and Kruse did a fairly good job of weathering the cuts this past year. The biggest drawback for Kruse next year from my viewpoint is that the wonderful GT teacher is leaving. I'm not sure who they have to replace her, but she has made a tremendous difference for her students. Most of the teachers are good and Kruse is generally a well above average school.

I do not recommend this school to any parent. The office staff is rude and do not show genuine care towards the kids. They are more worried about getting home than the welfare and wellbeing of the children. The teachers are wonderful but I feel like education is doomed with the budget cuts. I'm glad my child is only spending 3 more weeks there.

Kruse Elementary has been so helpful with my special needs child. I have found they have an understanding and a willingness to do almost anything to help my child. Communication between the school and I is as much or as little as I choose. The counselor is great. The kindergarten and first grade teachers are caring and sweet. Where others have given up on my child, we have found hope at Kruse. Thank you!

Last modified Kruse Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.