Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted May 20, 2016
Each year I hope the last year was just a bad teacher. But this seems to be a constant trend now. The teachers won't communicate with parents, even when asked too, and don't always even communicate with the principles about their own actions, but will consistently punish the child. But somehow the teacher is always considered right. I am all for supporting your staff, but no one is perfect and you should be able to admit mistakes and make a plan to move forward.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted May 20, 2016
When we came to kruse my child already struggled wth school and through being at kruse as learned to just hate school. The teachers gave up on helping him a long time ago and their answer to everything is just take any of the good activities away but not provide resources to the child who is clearly struggling.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted May 20, 2016
I felt this school demanded a lot more respect for its staff than the staff showed for their students. The teachers are always right no matter what and the student is wrong and punishable.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted May 20, 2016
My family has had a very difficult year, including numerous deaths in the family, divorce, and the loss of a pet. During this time I asked the school to reach out to my child more and help him through this time. My child did not receive this help and furthermore the teacher decided to take away the one primary tool we had established, and then started to punish my child when he acted out, still never providing the resources the school does have, even with me asking for help. This is a very heartless school who is so set on their standardizing of everything to see the humanity of this situation.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted May 20, 2016
If a child does something wrong the school makes them write an apology letter. At first this seemed like a good idea, but when they didn't follow up with anything else my child has now learned to say the words I'm sorry without meaning them and with no expectation of changing behavior. It's just a very surface level effort on the schools behalf to show integrity.

Kruse Elementary School 1

Posted May 20, 2016
The admin say they will communicate and work with you and your child, but I have been severely disappointed in their lack of any attempt to communicate or to try and provide tools for my child. Even after I asked to develop a IEP for my child I heard nothing further from the school and my son continues to struggle with no additional resources. I have came into the school innumerous times trying to help develop a plan for my child that would work for all parties and nothing has been implemented. We will be leaving this school permanently.

Posted November 10, 2014
really wonderful. The office staff is helpful and kind, the principal, assistant principal, and other professionals really care about each and every student. Diversity is appreciated and respected here. I feel like we hit the jackpot with my three students going here for the last 8 years...and one more year to go!!!

Posted July 29, 2014
Kruse is awesome!! This will be our second school year. We moved here from Arizona and absolutely loved our school there (rated a 10 on great schools) and so I was very nervous that we wouldn't like this school as much but we do! The principal is totally awesome! My kids were only there for about a week when he knew them by their first names and we speak to them every time he passed them in the hallways and use their names. I think that is amazing. Both of my kids' teachers were great. We are excited for our second school year here!

Posted November 24, 2013
We are in our second year at Kruse, and I am an incredibly happy parent. My biggest complaint is that many of the activities are difficult for a single, working parent to attend. However, I feel confident that my daughter is in good hands. As an educator, I am impressed with what she's learning. As a parent, I am confident in the teachers, staff, and principal. Their achievement levels are impressive, and my daughter wakes up stoked to go to school and comes home excited to tell me about her day. I couldn't ask for much more than that.

Posted July 31, 2013
We love Kruse. I don't know why there hasn't been a review done since 2011 but last year we really enjoyed our 2nd year in the school. The teachers are great! The principle is amazing, he will know your child's first name by the end of the first week too! Everyone has been so friendly and welcoming. This neighborhood school is highly recommended by our family. Another thing I would like to mention is that it is more diverse then I expected and I love that!

4400 Mcmurry Avenue, Fort Collins, CO  80525
Last modified Kruse Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.