Fort Collins, CO
Before care: Yes

Posted November 10, 2014
really wonderful. The office staff is helpful and kind, the principal, assistant principal, and other professionals really care about each and every student. Diversity is appreciated and respected here. I feel like we hit the jackpot with my three students going here for the last 8 years...and one more year to go!!!

Posted July 29, 2014
Kruse is awesome!! This will be our second school year. We moved here from Arizona and absolutely loved our school there (rated a 10 on great schools) and so I was very nervous that we wouldn't like this school as much but we do! The principal is totally awesome! My kids were only there for about a week when he knew them by their first names and we speak to them every time he passed them in the hallways and use their names. I think that is amazing. Both of my kids' teachers were great. We are excited for our second school year here!

Posted November 24, 2013
We are in our second year at Kruse, and I am an incredibly happy parent. My biggest complaint is that many of the activities are difficult for a single, working parent to attend. However, I feel confident that my daughter is in good hands. As an educator, I am impressed with what she's learning. As a parent, I am confident in the teachers, staff, and principal. Their achievement levels are impressive, and my daughter wakes up stoked to go to school and comes home excited to tell me about her day. I couldn't ask for much more than that.

Posted July 31, 2013
We love Kruse. I don't know why there hasn't been a review done since 2011 but last year we really enjoyed our 2nd year in the school. The teachers are great! The principle is amazing, he will know your child's first name by the end of the first week too! Everyone has been so friendly and welcoming. This neighborhood school is highly recommended by our family. Another thing I would like to mention is that it is more diverse then I expected and I love that!

Posted May 25, 2011
I think that "doomed" is a bit of an overestimation. Budget cuts in PSD are minimal for next year and Kruse did a fairly good job of weathering the cuts this past year. The biggest drawback for Kruse next year from my viewpoint is that the wonderful GT teacher is leaving. I'm not sure who they have to replace her, but she has made a tremendous difference for her students. Most of the teachers are good and Kruse is generally a well above average school.

Kruse Elementary School 1

Posted May 12, 2011
I do not recommend this school to any parent. The office staff is rude and do not show genuine care towards the kids. They are more worried about getting home than the welfare and wellbeing of the children. The teachers are wonderful but I feel like education is doomed with the budget cuts. I'm glad my child is only spending 3 more weeks there.

Posted March 21, 2011
Kruse Elementary has been so helpful with my special needs child. I have found they have an understanding and a willingness to do almost anything to help my child. Communication between the school and I is as much or as little as I choose. The counselor is great. The kindergarten and first grade teachers are caring and sweet. Where others have given up on my child, we have found hope at Kruse. Thank you!

Posted December 19, 2010
The school is a great example of a community school. I have nothing critical to say...my kids are thriving here. I do not sense a tremendous sense of community, and this is the reason I rate it 4 of 5; but this is the only negative thing I could say. It's a big school, but does not feel overly impersonal. If you entered the building, you'd see right away why Kruse is a great neighborhood school.

Posted August 21, 2010
There are some definite drawbacks at Kruse this year that haven't been there in prior years. The class sizes are really big this year. Although I know that budget cuts are the cause, it does affect the quality of education. There does seem to be more of a focus on remediation this year, too. We'll have to see how that works as the year goes on.

Posted June 24, 2010
My son started in the first grade here at Kruse and he had a great year. His teacher, Mr. Warren, is amazing and all the staff are great. He improved %100 on his reading and is doing great in all other subjects as well. We look forward to next year at Kruse it's a great school!

Kruse Elementary School
4400 McMurry Ave, Fort Collins, CO  80525
Last modified Kruse Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kruse Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top