Fort Collins, CO

Boltz Middle School 1

Posted August 05, 2015
Communication from teachers, principal and principal assistant via email is very unprofessional. There was an incident involving my kid that never was investigated ignoring my request.

Boltz Middle School 3

Posted December 11, 2014
Horrible principal but caring teachers! Had to take our kids elsewhere as principals ego was too much to handle! Very self absorbed person with terrible leadership skills. Teachers cant stand her either!

Boltz Middle School 4

Posted April 22, 2014
I have had three children at Boltz over the past five academic years. In our experience, we have found Boltz to be a terrific place for our kids to go through the often challenging middle school years. Every one of my kids has experienced teachers who have shown caring and kindness to them. They have been challenged and have grown academically. Their critical thinking skills have been stretched and their writing skills improved. When one of my kiddos experienced a boy who was harassing her, it was appropriately addressed immediately and the harassment stopped. Boltz has a WEB Leader program and other school culture programs in place which encourage acceptance. Teachers and counselors have spent time to hear when I've expressed concerns and made adjustments as they are able. They have truly looked out for the best needs of my children. My kids and I feel welcomed at this school. The student population is both economically and socially diverse which is a huge positive in my book. Don't let test scores fool you. Boltz has a fantastic GT program and many, many dedicated and excellent teachers. My children have and are thriving here and I recommend this school to others.

Boltz Middle School 1

Posted May 22, 2012
I m a student; I m not the most popular kid or the outcast. But there are clicks; the parents don t get it unless you re the actual student. Most teachers don t seem to care if you pass or not. They treat the students like 5 years old. The bullying is out of hand! Rich to poor, pretty to ugly, minority to white, nerd to popular; it s all here. The teacher s don t care, if they do, their afraid to do anything to help. Teachers worry about people holding hands but not whether or not someone is getting harassed. Boltz needs to get it together. They only really care about the Pre-Ap kids, other than that the needs of students don t matter. Boltz is a wanting to-be 5 star rating academic school. If your child maybe has a hard time fitting in or a little "different" don t put them in this school. I have participated in this school and have made a great effort to fit in but the kids are disrespectful and rude. Teachers don t always care, and the average student is treated poorly. The favorites get everything. Same kids get the lead roles, and anything worthwhile. That's how it feels to be a kid who has been harassed because I m smart, and not most popular. I m sick of it. Good luck (:

Posted April 30, 2012
Boltz is amazing!!! My daughter has been able to do great work while still have time for friends. It really allows her to learn without stress. Boltz has been a great school for my daughter and is a great pick for future reference.

Posted May 05, 2011
my boy has just transferred to BOLTZ since early Feb. Every teacher is so devoted and kind even they keep track of all students. They exactly know what their students are doing. The registratre is so nice and sweet. and counselor is wonderful. I am really satisfied with this School

Boltz Middle School

Posted August 13, 2009
Both my kids went to Boltz last year, and my daughter will go again this year. The principal is engaged with parents and students and the teachers are top notch.

Posted March 29, 2008
Boltz is an excellent school! The teachers really care about the students.

Posted October 17, 2006
most of the teachers are really kind to the students and very nice to one another teachers. mostly there are no clicks here such as groups like popular nerdy so on and so forth.

Posted January 11, 2006
Boltz is great! I thought the other review was incomplete and untrue. I think that people (other than parents) should be able to post their reviews on the site. Everyone knows that no one has anything to say, unless it is a complaint. I am disappointed in your site's one-sided view of things. I don't think I would make any decisions based on the poor quality of information available on your site.

Boltz Middle School
720 Boltz Dr, Fort Collins, CO  80525
Last modified Boltz Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Boltz Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top